Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> BURNING DVD TAKING TOO LONG
EMITT
post Jul 29 2008, 02:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,201,964

Hi, I am new to forum. I am trying to burn video project into DVD but it is taking too long (4hrs+). I have all files to MPEG2 (12 files all up). The total size of project file is just over 1 GIG (2 3-5mins video footage, 10 data files which was converted from AVI to MPEG2) I am burning it on an external burner- LITEON EZ-DUB. The total footage time is just over 12mins.

Can anyone help with speeding up the burning process?

p.s I reside in Australia and the files are in PAL format.

EMITT

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ManWithAnswers
post Aug 6 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,143,291

Hi Emitt,

Sorry, but we'll need more information about your system. Also, in the last window of Nero Vision, it should show what percentage of your source MPEG2 files are actually compliant. What percentage does it show for the Video and what percentage does it show for the Audio as being compliant?

Nero Vision has a feature called 'SmartEncoder' that will determine if a source video file is MPEG2 compliant. If it is 100% complaint, then the file will not be touched as it's already in the proper format. If it's 0% compliant, or say 50% compliant, Nero Vision will transcode only that portion of the video/audio that is not compliant.

Also, how fast is your System? Nero Vision supports MultiCore, which means that if you have a Dual core sytem for example, it will use both cores for the transcoding to speed up the process. And of course if you have 4 cores it will be even faster.

As for the actual burning speed, this is controled by the Recorder and determined by what the media you are burning too supports.

A copy of the log file from the completed burn might help as well, as we could see if there were any errors it had to recover from, etc.

Regards,
Craig

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed Topic