Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Another "not enough space available" error message
jlafata
post Jul 1 2009, 07:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,469,191

Been reading up on this and have found a lot of entries in Google on this topic. I am running Vista Basic x64 and just use Nero Vision 6.4.9.0. It's the only component of Nero 9.4.13.2 that I elected to run.

I made one burn the other day and everything was fine. Today, before it got a chance to complete a burn I got the "There is not enough space available for the recording process" etc etc message. First of all, the avi file is not that large, only 677 MB's and I have plenty of disk space, 39 GB's available. I read in another post that when someone gets this message this message, that it's referring to the amount of space in the Nero folders that are created in the beginning in My Documents.

The post also said that I could change the location of the default folders. and that might make a difference, so I opened the program and in "Configure" and "Folders" I moved things around so that my Nero folders were in My Documents\Video. That did not work!. I still got the message. Then, out of desperation I changed the folders to a completely empty partition but that did not work either.

I also ran CCleaner, thinking that might do it, but that did not help. Are there some other Nero folders that I need to empty to make this work or what else could it be?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jul 1 2009, 08:56 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi jlafata,

it could be related to the temporal files folder but also to the disc or settings that you are using. Could you please upload a screenshot of the exact message that you receive? Also please let me know the configuration that you select under "Video Options" - "DVD video" - "Quality Settings", and also the information given in the "Burn Options" screen before burning. Usually it says "Total space used XXX out of 4.38 GB". Thanks and regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
jlafata
post Jul 1 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #3

Hope I did the attachments right!

I did switch back to the default folders or at least the folders in My Documents under Nero Vision. NOt sure if they're all excatly right though, Maybe you could let me know what goes where. Still I have plenty of space on that drive. I also used Windows "Disk Cleanup" plus installed another temp cleaning utility, "Tracks Eraser Pro", still I got the space warning. Also in "Quality Settings" I did not change anything from default and under "Burn Options", for this project the menu said "Total space used 4.37 GB out of 4.38 GB". Also FYI..I am using TDK DVD+RW as my media.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by jlafata: Jul 1 2009, 07:55 PM

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jul 2 2009, 09:18 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Hi jlafata,

This is related to the AVI compression. You say that the AVI file is only 677 MB, but there are 1 hour and 53 minutes compressed in this container. After transcoding the video file, Nero probably realizes that there is not enough space in the disc to burn the file. You can try the following workarounds: 1) instead of directly burning to the disc, write it first to your hard drive by selecting "Write to hard disk folder" in the "Burn Options" window. Then you should be able to burn the disc using Nero Burning ROM for example. 2) In the "Video Options" tab, under "Quality Setting" if you change the settings to LongPlay for example you will see that this quality setting allows you to burn about 180 minutes footage. Quality changes, but should also work.

Regards, Infohelp

+Quote Post
jlafata
post Jul 3 2009, 01:01 AM
Post #5

Well how come my other burning program that I use, "Ashampoo Burning Studio" has no problem with this sort of thing and why was I able to burn an AVI file on Nero just fine one day, but not the next?

This post has been edited by jlafata: Jul 3 2009, 01:02 AM

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jul 3 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Hi jlafata,

It can depend on your AVI file, as not all avi files are have the same size and compression. You are able to burn AVI files with Nero Vision too, only that in some cases, and depending the length and size of the file, it won´t fit on a disc if you want to keep the quality settings. Did you try the workaround that I suggested?

Hope this info helps you. Regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
jlafata
post Jul 4 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #7

Sorry, I should have tried those other suggestions before i shot my mouth off! Having said that, I do have a few comments/questions regarding what you said. I don't think I will try the first suggestion, where you said "instead of directly burning to the disc, write it first to your hard drive by selecting "Write to hard disk folder" in the "Burn Options" window. Then you should be able to burn the disc using Nero Burning ROM for example."

Reason being, number one, I do not have Nero Burning ROM installed. I could easily install it but I wanted to keep my Nero installation light this time. Also...I'm assuming that, even if I did that, I would not be able to put in the fancy menus and all that you can in Nero Vision, correct?

I have gone ahead and made the changes in "Video Options" and "Quality Setting"and set it to LongPlay. I will try a test burn with that setting soon...Also, just so I understand what's going on...By changing that setting to LongPlay, that is allowing for more room time-wise than I would have with it set to Automatic? I also see that by doing so, it lowers the bitrate and that allows for more room on the disc, correct?

But what do you do if you have a movie that's like 2 hours and 37 minutes long?. I've burned that successfully to disc before using my other burning programs, but your saying that I would not be able to do that, for a file that size with Nero? Doesn't Nero have some way to automatically compress it? Also, I noticed that by changing that setting to LongPlay it made the resolution visible, and it says 720 x 480 (CCIR-601 D1) What's that all about?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks for your patience and all of your help.

This post has been edited by jlafata: Jul 4 2009, 01:41 AM

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jul 6 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Hi jlafata,
Do you have Nero Express installed on your computer? You should be able to burn the project using Nero Express too. You will be able to "put the fancy menus and all that", as when you write the the project to hard disk, you write a DVD structure, which includes everything that you selected and added to your Nero Vision project. It is just that you create the DVD structure before burning it to the disc.
I don´t know how the other burning programs work,as i also don´t know the quality settings selected in each case. I can only speak for Nero Vision.
[/size] [size="2"]It will depend on the bitrate of the source file, the amount of footage that you can fit into a standard DVD. If the source file has a higher bitrate, the space will be reduced. For example, if your file has a bitrate of e.g. 8000 kbit/s (high quality), you will be able to burn approx. 1 hour of footage to a DVD-5, without loosing quality due to bitrate reduction. If you set the quality to standard Play (5073 kbit/s), the quality will be reduced, but you will be able to encode nearly twice as much in terms of time.So this will really depend on your video file size and bitrate.

The resolution 720 x 480, this is normal. 720x480 is the resolution corresponding to the DVD-Video format (ntsc).

Hope the info helps!

Regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
Deanpw
post May 9 2010, 01:03 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 8,771,304

Now I am upset with NERO 10. I try to write AVI files to DVD and I get the message all the time not enough disk space please put in a larger disk. Something like that anyway. I have been dealing with Nero Tech support since Nero10 was released. They now asked me to mail them the AVI I'm trying to burn to Germany. I live in Canada. It all has to do with output size, so I reinstalled NERO 9 the file burns fine. NERO9 automaticaly chose the best conversion for the disk you have in your drive, NERO 10 you have to go through all these settings to get it to work. I hope the above suggestion will work, I have not tried it yet. I am really considering canceling my Visa payment for version 10 due to the product does not work, and NERO does not seem to want to fix it. I had 3 differnet AVIs fail but they all burnt fine with NERO 9.

Dean

This post has been edited by Deanpw: May 9 2010, 01:05 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post May 9 2010, 01:13 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I don't understand why you would say that Nero doesn't seem to want to fix the problem. Not all avi files are the same and they asked you to send them a copy of yours. I know of at least one other person who has done that in the last few days. Unless they have something to work with, how can they fix it? There have been other people with similar problems.

In addition to the work around suggested by Infohelp, another option (I'm guessing that the avi contains a certain type of mp4), is to recode the non-working files to nero digital.

This post has been edited by wither: May 9 2010, 01:14 AM

+Quote Post
Deanpw
post May 10 2010, 01:05 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 8,771,304

I see your point too, but what I see the problem is that Nero Vision 10 does not try to downsize the output like Nero Vision 9 does. Nero9 seems to look at the DVD inserted and converts the file to match the recordable media. Nero10 is missing this. I have mailed the file in anyway it will probably take a week or 2 to get there over seas.

Plus there are so many people reporting the same problem, so I thought it would be able to diagnose the problem and fix it.

This post has been edited by Deanpw: May 10 2010, 01:06 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post May 10 2010, 03:20 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Glad to hear you sent the file. You might e-mail TS that you mailed it if you haven't done so all ready.

+Quote Post
jagaroth
post May 11 2010, 01:01 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 8,772,664

I too have experienced the "not enough space" error using Nero Vision Xtra 10. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it burns for a couple of disks including the ones that gave me the error in the first place. Then it starts with the error again.

I have just been testing the Trial version but there's no way I'm gonna buy Version 10 if this is what happens...I'll stick with 9

+Quote Post
wither
post May 11 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Send TS an e-mail. The more people that submit the same problem, the more attention the problem will get.

+Quote Post
DonHoe
post May 16 2010, 12:39 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 8,770,660

I also am receiving messages "not enough space" error. I did try the "Long Play" setting and that worked but you would think "Fit to Disk" would Mean "Fit to Disk". I am sure they will eventually find a fix for this bug. Also I have noticed that the Disk Capacity Gauge always seems to show 4.37 gigs even with a 1 hour video. But when you look at the disk after burning you can sometimes see large spaces between the burnt area. It seems like nerovision is making it appear that it is utilizing the entire disk?

+Quote Post
Nigel2002
post May 17 2010, 04:24 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 8,773,974

Windows XP SP3 All up to date

Since getting Nero 10 I have had nothing but problems ( have another post ).

I als get the out of space in my temporary directory message, (see attached) I have cleaned out the temporary folder and all it has in it is 215kb of files in use elsewhere.

Nigel
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Nigel2002
post May 17 2010, 06:10 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 8,773,974

This problem solved,

At least for me, I changed the default folder Vision Xtra uses on my "C" drive (C:\DOCUME~1\Name\LOCALS~1\Temp) to a folder on another drive.

Nero is now happily transcoding away - Yet to see if it completes or what the results are, as a previous attempt with different movies kept crashing. But at least this problem is solved.

Nigel

+Quote Post
wither
post May 17 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Nigel2002- I passed your interesting information concerning the folder space limitation on to tech support. It may help resolve a number of issues but that remains to be seen.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic