2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
> Files not playing on LG BD390
burlij
post May 9 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,454,140

Greetings! I just purchased the LG BD390 which came with the Nero MH 4 Essentials. I put my music folders in the Media Library and on the BD390 it says the folders that have the MP3 files are empty. The Media Library shows the files present. Anyone know what's going on? Many thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ESKChevy
post Jun 7 2009, 04:16 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,462,661

I just purchased a BD390, too, and I'm having a slightly different (though similar) problem.

On the BD390, it's able to see the directory structure, and even can see the files on my home computer. However, everytime I try to view a picture or play a song, I get the error message "There may be network traffic". Anyone else experiencing this? (The unit seems able to view pictures and play songs through the USB port, but I just can't get it to work correctly with the Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials.

+Quote Post
Dr.Nero
post Jun 8 2009, 03:22 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,163,371

Hi,

What format do the audio files have? I have the complete version and I don´t have problems to stream audio files. The only problem that i have is with my itunes files that are DRM copy-protected.

I don´t know if there is a limitation of supported formats in the Essentials version. I would suggest you to contact the TechSupport, maybe they can give you some more information.

I found this comparison chart between Media Home 4 and Media Home 4 Essentials, maybe it also helps:

http://www.nero.com/eng/store-upgrade-center-nmh4.html

+Quote Post
rcclark88
post Jun 14 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,464,545

I bought the full version of MH4 specifically because that comparison chart led me to believe that I'd be able to stream my entire itunes library, not just mp3 files within. The player recognizes that files are there,but just skips over them and doesn't play them. Is there a way to change settings to allow it to play m4a files?

+Quote Post
Dr.Nero
post Jun 15 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

As m4a files are copy-protected I think this is not possible.

+Quote Post
Jeshimon
post Jun 22 2009, 07:12 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,466,763

I ran into the 2000 file/directory wall. I can see the directory structure and files, the tracks pretend to play, but the bd 390 spends a few seconds on each track and then moves to the next next. I believe it is a firmware limitation of the BD-390 and not the nero software. Videos play fine from the same server, just not mp3s. The same mp3s will play fine when copied to a thumb drive and connect to to the BD-390. I get the network congestion dialog box.

HTH

+Quote Post
Vance14
post Jun 30 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,469,119

Hello, I just got the LG BD390 which came with this software. The installation went fine and the player recognized the server and the files, but it won't play anything.

The first question I have is what type of files can be streamed? The manual says MPEG 2 and 3, Divx and xvid. But the LG tech support said only MPEG.

Second, I tried to play some mpeg2 files and even they would not play. The BD390 would see the files, but when I clicked on them, it said (after a bit of trying) that the file could not be played. These all played fine from an attached USB drive.

I think I have the latest version of the software since it updated as I installed it just Sunday night.

Any thoughts?

+Quote Post
Dr.Nero
post Jul 1 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

hi Vance14,

I guess you also have an Essentials version. Take a look here http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=2633, this info might help you!

+Quote Post
opers13
post Jul 4 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 8,469,969

QUOTE (Vance14 @ Jun 30 2009, 10:49 PM) *
Hello, I just got the LG BD390 which came with this software. The installation went fine and the player recognized the server and the files, but it won't play anything.

The first question I have is what type of files can be streamed? The manual says MPEG 2 and 3, Divx and xvid. But the LG tech support said only MPEG.

Second, I tried to play some mpeg2 files and even they would not play. The BD390 would see the files, but when I clicked on them, it said (after a bit of trying) that the file could not be played. These all played fine from an attached USB drive.

I think I have the latest version of the software since it updated as I installed it just Sunday night.

Any thoughts?

I'm kinda having the same issue...I can't play .avi and .wmv videos. I get an error message that says file not supported. Anyone else having having similar issues??

I just downloaded the 4.3.26.0 update..will give a try later again.

thanks

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jul 6 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

@ Vance14,
You say that all files played fine from an attached USB. Where are you trying to stream your files from? Could you please tell me which streaming settings are you selecting?

@ opers13,
Do you have an Essentials version? Do you know which codecs your avi, wmv files are using? Where are these files coming from? Also, which streaming settings did you select? Did you try to select the "Keep original format" option?
Regards,
Infohelp

+Quote Post
opers13
post Jul 8 2009, 02:30 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 8,469,969

QUOTE (Infohelp @ Jul 6 2009, 03:23 PM) *
@ Vance14,
You say that all files played fine from an attached USB. Where are you trying to stream your files from? Could you please tell me which streaming settings are you selecting?

@ opers13,
Do you have an Essentials version? Do you know which codecs your avi, wmv files are using? Where are these files coming from? Also, which streaming settings did you select? Did you try to select the "Keep original format" option?
Regards,
Infohelp

yes, essentials. how do i check for codecs? the error im getting is due to unsupported codecs. files coming from a network server.
streaming settings/keep origional format?? i dont find these options...
tx

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jul 8 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Hi opers13,

If you have an Essentials version MPEG-4 formats are not supported, so it could be that your files are using these codecs for example. You can check it with GSpot for example (you can search for this program in the internet).

The retain original format option is in the transcoding screen, under the Video/Audio Transcoding entries.

Regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
maltydog
post Jul 25 2009, 02:10 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 8,474,519

I am also having a problem with MediaHome and the BD390. I have the essentials version. I have the same problem with some files not playing, but even more important is that the server itself takes a long time to load up, and will also dissappear. If I am doing something else for a few minutes, and the LG powers itself down, when I turn it on again, the server will no llonger appear in My Media on the player. This despite the fact that the LG Player is still listed as a device in MediaHome.I am connected directly to my Belkin Router via a short cable, and the computer is also wired to the router, so I am not depending on a wireless connection.

This post has been edited by maltydog: Jul 25 2009, 02:18 PM

+Quote Post
DudleyDooright
post Jul 27 2009, 11:20 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 8,475,299

Attached Image
I'm having the same problem as everyone else, media home essentials doesn't work on the LG Bd390. I can't even get mine to start after several clean installs. It won't even launch, I keep getting the same response with the enclosed screen shot.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jul 28 2009, 11:02 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Please contact TechSupport and send them a NeroSupport.cab to analyze the problem.
Here is a link to download the GetSupportFiles files to generate the NeroSupport.cab file:
http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero9-tools-utilities.html
Regards,
Infohelp

+Quote Post
DudleyDooright
post Jul 28 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Infohelp @ Jul 28 2009, 12:02 PM) *
Please contact TechSupport and send them a NeroSupport.cab to analyze the problem.
Here is a link to download the GetSupportFiles files to generate the NeroSupport.cab file:
http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero9-tools-utilities.html
Regards,
Infohelp

Thank you ! Just received e-mail from tech support this morning and have sent the cab file. I will follow up with any progress made on a solution.

+Quote Post
DudleyDooright
post Jul 31 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #17

2 days of e-mailing back and forth, still no solution :(

+Quote Post
DudleyDooright
post Aug 8 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #18

Well. after several days of e-mails back n forth with Nero Tech Support, including two seperate cab files, I just received e-mail that they CAN NOT resolve the problem and offered to refund purchase price. Of course MH4E comes free with the LG player, so guess I have to move on with something else. Funny thing is , I installed on laptop running Vista and program worked fine, but it will not run on my XP system and tech support can't figure out why ?.

+Quote Post
macblob
post Aug 28 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 8,094,715

I had the same problems. Some how I fixed it all by going through a few steps.

Step 1. Uninstalled Essentials and reinstalled it. [Still had the same problem.]
Step 2. MADE SURE THE FOLDERS THAT MY MEDIA WAS IN WAS SHARED (This is in windows not Media Home). [THIS ALONE MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE FIXER]
Step 3. Made sure all of my video files were in MPG format. [Took up allot of space but it WORKED]
Step 4. Removed the list of watched folders in Media Home, rebooted and added the folders to watch again. [Who knows; maybe a memory/cache thing that screws it up]
Step 5. WATCH MOVIES AND LISTEN TO MP3 MUSIC VIA THE BD390...

I found that I could use Windows Media Server (built into Windows Media Player 11). Set up using the same principle as Nero MediaHome. BD390 recognizes Windows Media Server (AKA Windows Media Player). BD390 also recognizes LAN Network Attached Storage Devices (NAS) with server capabilities. (I have the Linksys NAS200).

I experimented a bit further by using the setup I already have and watching Blueray and files on a RCA 32" regular boob tube. I use a Yamaha RX-V663 A/V receiver for Audio and Video input/output. Works fine. Of course it is not High Def on the boob tube but it is pretty darn sharp and clear.

I also have this setup hooked up to a 480p overhead projector (Infocus S4805) and a 28" Hannpree High Def Monitor/viewer.

Windows Media Player did not show the thumbnails, Nero did.

I was able to watch Divx movies too. So now I am in the process of converting my videos to Divx via TmpgEnc software.

Windows Vista64, Netgear WNR3500 gigabite router. Everything wired not wireless. I have wireless capabilities but I prefer wired.

BTW I had the same problem with support when it came to this setup.....The BD390 is to new for the Tech support to know what it is all abought.

My next endeavor is to acquire Metadata for thefiles on the server. Face it, Windows Media Center Extenders have this, so should the BD390 and this Nero Server.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Sep 8 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Hi macblob,

Thanks for posting this information! Hope it also helps others with the same problem!

Regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed Topic