Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Can't burn Win 7 iso, greater than 2 gb
mendopaul
post Jun 28 2009, 01:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,172,058

I'm disappointed in Nero Burning Rom that it won't burn a 2.5 gb ISO file to a dvd. I've tried to use the UDF setting but the software keeps telling me that the file is too big and to use the UDF setting when I already am using it as far as I can tell. I'm sure puzzled as to why this won't work when I've started with the UDF configuration in the beginning. Any advice or will Nero just not burn an ISA? Thanks all.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Jun 29 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi mendopaul,

As you describe it, you shouldn´t receive an error. To burn a data DVD with a file that is 2 GB in size or larger you must use the DVD (UDF). You say that you have an ISO file. Did you try to burn it as an image file? Please try it like this: In Burning ROM select "File" -> "Open" in the menu bar and then go to the image location to select it.

Do you still receive the error message? If so, could you please upload a screenshot of the exact error message?

thanks and regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
markec
post Aug 20 2009, 12:23 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,500,869

Microsoft created the iso files. I too am disappointed that my nero won't burn the file. I have now successfully burnt the image with magicISO. Shame on nero for this fault in their software

+Quote Post
wither
post Aug 20 2009, 03:39 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Nero isn't yet fully Win7 compatible and an new version is coming. There's no shame on their part. The other software companies have the same thing to take care.

You didn't answer Infohelp's questions. How do you expect to get support in the forum? If you think this is a bug, submit it so that it can be fixed in the Win 7 version.

+Quote Post
Infohelp
post Aug 20 2009, 08:23 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,466,818

Hi markec,

As wither said, you didn´t describe your problem in the forum. We can help you only if you provide us with exact info on how you proceed and what is it exactly what you want to do. Are you facing the same problem as mendopaul? Are you also using Windows 7? Nero 9 will be compatible with Windows 7 as of our next update. Please give us more info if you need help.

Regards,

Infohelp

+Quote Post
kakasasa09
post Sep 18 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,537,626

mount it with daemon tools
and install it from there