Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Erase CD Function in Nero 9 not working
Ernie-Quest
post May 18 2009, 04:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,679,816

I’m having problems erasing rewritable CD’s. I tried to add a data file to a CD and Nero tells me the disc is not empty and asks if I want it erased. I click yes and it ticks down to a less than 1 minute to erase, my drive blinks like its being erased. The drive stops and Nero tell me again the drive needs to be erased.

Is there a command just to erase a disc without having to add data to them?

Thanks for any advise.

Ernie

I found the problem solve for erasing my CD’s.

I located the Launch Nero Applications Window and it opened to Disc Tool box and the “erase disc button”.

Through trial an error I found the problem. I have two different makes of burners on my system a Memorex and a generic TSSCorp burner. The CD that I was trying to erase was burned on the Memorex burner. I could not erase the CD on the second. It appears Nero 9 needs the original burning drive and or make, to erase a burned CD disc.

This post has been edited by Ernie-Quest: May 18 2009, 06:16 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
treskaan
post May 19 2009, 07:28 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Employee
Member No.: 828,451

Hello,

Nero does not need the identical recorder to erase a disc. I belive your 2nd recorder does have a higher tolerance to scratches on the disc. I also recognized that phenomenon, but it was allways disc dependent.

Best regards,

treskaan

+Quote Post
Ernie-Quest
post May 24 2009, 08:44 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,679,816

Hmmm... disc dependent. Thanks I will keep that in mind.

Ernie

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post May 28 2009, 01:40 AM
Post #4

Guests

In Nero there are two main routines to 'ERASE' a disc, in addition to routines used for burning information. The main one is INCD which has 'ERASE' procedure. The other is to be found in one of the Drop-down Menus of Nero DiscSpeed, like INCD it has a Quick and Full erase selection.

I hope this help you

+Quote Post

Closed Topic