Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> windows 7
plumgas
post May 16 2009, 06:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,178,922

just wondering if anyone has tried nero with windows 7. I have version 7 & version 9 ( version 9 I have but I had to uninstall from vista) not sure if it will work on windows 7 any better

not sure how version 7 will go either.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dlgusgus
post May 20 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,158,836

Currently Nero 9 is not supported by Windows 7 Operatying system. A new update should be available on the third quarter of this year which will be compatible with Windows 7.

+Quote Post
treskaan
post May 22 2009, 07:28 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Employee
Member No.: 828,451

Please feel free to inform us, what is not working correctly, as we are working on the upgrade for Windows 7 readyness.

Best regards,

treskaan

+Quote Post
Markjen73
post Jun 1 2009, 05:39 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,138,608

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and just installed Nero 9 9.2.6.0. It installed successfully, however there is no sound when I play a DVD with Nero Showtime. Also, I noticed when checking for updates through Nero StartSmart all the programs listed for update say "Not Installed" after the program name!? Also, when I open Nero Showtime a box pops up saying I have to download a free trial!

Anyways, wish I had checked to see if it was compatible with Windows 7 before I installed it. Most everything else I run works pretty well.

Thanks,

Mark

+Quote Post
adarict
post Jul 14 2009, 03:44 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,249,060

QUOTE (treskaan @ May 22 2009, 08:28 AM) *
Please feel free to inform us, what is not working correctly, as we are working on the upgrade for Windows 7 readyness.

Best regards,

treskaan

If you are still looking for input on Nero 9 on Win 7, I would be happy to provide some. Currently, Nero works only sporadically, and then, only with changes to the compatibility mode. This is using Nero 9.4.13.2 on Windows 7 Ultimate RC1 Build 7100. As an example of the problems I am running into, if I open Nero Burning ROM and click on New (doesn't appear to matter whether I choose Data CD, Audio CD, or any of the DVD options). it will bring up the first properties page as normal, but when you click to continue to where you would add your files, it does one of two things. Either it simply crashes (which generates a Microsoft error report), or it just gives a message that it was unable to create blank template. Nero Vision does the same thing.

I have been able to SOMETIMES work around this by setting it to run in Vista SP1 compatibility mode and as Administrator. Vista SP2 and all flavors of XP compatibility don't seem to work. I can provide more specifics, such as burner type etc later. I am at work right now, so don't have my machines handy.

I can get the same problems on my laptop (which is my main machine), as well as on two other desktop machines. I assume it has to do with changes to the RC from Microsoft, because on all of the builds prior to the RC1 release, even Nero 8 worked fine for me.

If Nero is actively working on the Windows 7 release, any tips on how some of us could get involved in testing builds for it? Since I have moved all of my home machines to Windows 7, it kind of stinks to have to dual boot with Vista every time I need to burn something.

+Quote Post
nvargas
post Jul 14 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,174,686

When Windows 7 has been officially release, there will be an update release to make Nero 9 full compatible with Windows 7

+Quote Post
jlwright66
post Aug 5 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,897,752

i have sucessfully run nero 7 with windows 7 64 bit and have had no problems thus far no issues so far. has anyone tried nero 8 or 9 with windows 7

+Quote Post
RuthNicholls
post Dec 18 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 8,651,130

Question for jlwright66.

I realise your post was some months ago. I have just got Win 7 64 bit, and had a version of Nero 7 Express with my new LG drive. It doesn't work, so please can you tell me which version of Nero 7 you successfully installed. Thanks.

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 18 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Version 7 is not compatible with Vista or Win 7. You need V9.4.26 which is Reloaded and the only version compatible with Win 7. If you have Win 7 Ultimate, Professional or Enterprise, you can download and install Virtual XP from the Microsoft website. You should be able to run v7 from Virtual XP but v9.4.26 has so many improvements over V7 and you also get Backitup and Burn for free.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic