Start new topic
> How to create a track or data list in Nero 6
emte69
post Jul 17 2008, 01:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,299,541

Hi everybody,
In using Nero 6 I have the same problem.
Inserting a track list to a cover layout works for track data fetched from the free internet DB. But I fail to insert the data/track names automatically from a MP3 or data CD - only manually I can type the list items.
Any ideas?
Thanx Michael
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ManWithAnswers
post Aug 4 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,143,291

If you go to the Nero website, you will find Tutorials on how to accomplish this in the Audio CD section.

Regards,

Craig

+Quote Post
karen62243
post Aug 20 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,277,281

QUOTE (emte69 @ Jul 17 2008, 01:43 AM) *
Hi everybody,
In using Nero 6 I have the same problem.
Inserting a track list to a cover layout works for track data fetched from the free internet DB. But I fail to insert the data/track names automatically from a MP3 or data CD - only manually I can type the list items.
Any ideas?
Thanx Michael

Michael, did you ever get a response as to how to do this? I am still having this problem. Still need help.

Thanks, Karen

+Quote Post
Dr.Nero
post Aug 21 2008, 10:30 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,163,371

Proceed as follows to create a track list for an already burned Audio-CD:

1. Insert the burned Audio-CD into one of your devices.

2. Launch Nero Burning ROM. The Nero compilation window will open. In this window please select the “Audio CD” option.

3. Nero Burning ROM will open and display the audio track titles in the lower right panel.( if the Audio CD has been selected in the browser window of Nero) Drag and drop the tracks into the “Audio 1” window.

4. Select these tracks and click on the Nero Cover Designer icon located in the toolbar.

5. After the Nero Cover Designer has completely opened, select the template you wish to use.

6. Select the label or cover you would like to use. (Tabs in the lower left hand corner: Inlay, Booklet, Disk, etc.). Now you are ready to transfer the track information to the label or cover template.

7. Select the track list tool icon (7th icon from the top) in the toolbar on the left side of the window.

8. Right-click on the template with your mouse and create a square where you would like to place the list.

9. The size can be adjusted after the list is created.

Important Notice:
This process will not work with audio discs created without CD TEXT.

+Quote Post
karen62243
post Aug 21 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Dr.Nero @ Aug 21 2008, 10:30 AM) *
Proceed as follows to create a track list for an already burned Audio-CD:

1. Insert the burned Audio-CD into one of your devices.

2. Launch Nero Burning ROM. The Nero compilation window will open. In this window please select the “Audio CD” option.

3. Nero Burning ROM will open and display the audio track titles in the lower right panel.( if the Audio CD has been selected in the browser window of Nero) Drag and drop the tracks into the “Audio 1” window.

4. Select these tracks and click on the Nero Cover Designer icon located in the toolbar.

5. After the Nero Cover Designer has completely opened, select the template you wish to use.

6. Select the label or cover you would like to use. (Tabs in the lower left hand corner: Inlay, Booklet, Disk, etc.). Now you are ready to transfer the track information to the label or cover template.

7. Select the track list tool icon (7th icon from the top) in the toolbar on the left side of the window.

8. Right-click on the template with your mouse and create a square where you would like to place the list.

9. The size can be adjusted after the list is created.

Important Notice:
This process will not work with audio discs created without CD TEXT.

+Quote Post
karen62243
post Aug 21 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #6

Thanks for your reply, however I am still unable to create the track list using these instructions. I had received the same information from the TechSupport team at NERO and it wasn't helpful either. They had instructed me to call their tech support and pay them for what? I am so disgusted that I do not recommend anyone to buy this program. I should be able to burn an Audio disc and then create a CD inlay insert without all this havac.

Please, can anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance

Karen

+Quote Post
Dr.Nero
post Aug 22 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,163,371

Hi Karen,

if you creat an Audio-CD with Nero Express, you can directly creat a label after the burn process. You get a Window "What do you want to do now?" and there you can click on "creat label". This will open up Nero CoverDesigner and there you can click on the track list tool to insert the track list of the burned Audio-CD. If you didn't creat the label directly after the burn process, you have to proceed the way i described to creat the label.

+Quote Post
ambientnewworld
post Sep 30 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 8,301,371

I like to create a tracklist by doing it manually with the text box. I think this is the best way for me. But there might be an easier way, which I do not know.

+Quote Post
frankheinz
post Sep 21 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 8,543,552

Hi Karen and others,

(sorry for my bad english, I'm german)

I am looking in Google and a lot of forums because of this problem since a very long time.

A little bit of help, no real solution:

if you open the data base in nero and ask the internet dbbd, this window will offer you the option "create a cover" or so, but only the first time.

Then you can go to coverdesigner, select any cover template, save it, go back to other things and finish creating later.

But:

If the database already knows your cd, this option will not exist.

An other possibility: In the tracklist dialogue of coverdesigner there is button to import data with the ending ".cdc", but where the hell i can get this .cdc-files.

Google could not help. I know that cdc means coverdesigner cover-file, but how can I create one?

The answer of aaaaa2 in the german forum to another user (same question) was very helpful ("is this a question or a statement?"), great!

Don't know, if I buy the newest version, in Germany we say "Andere Mütter haben auch schöne Töchter" ("Other mothers have nice daughters too!")

Normally NERO is a fine program, but this little things....

Frank Heinz

+Quote Post

Closed Topic