Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero 9: Trial & Full Version
Secure-DVD
post Mar 22 2009, 05:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,438,183

Recently, I downloaded a trial version of Nero 9 on the Nero Website. Frankly, I was quite impressed with the features and what Nero 9 offered me during the trial version, and so I decided to buy a full version of Nero 9 on Nero's Online Shop. They gave me a Nero 9 serial number.

After, I went to Nero ControlCenter 4 to enter my Nero 9 serial number in the Nero ControlCenter 4. I entered the serial number in the 'New Serial:' input field and clicked the add button. After, Nero ControlCenter 4 quitted and I clicked the application again. Here's the image of it below.

Attached File  Nero_ControlCenter_4.bmp ( 1.41MB ) Number of downloads: 1581

Later, I double-clicked on Nero StartSmart. The window loaded up and said that Nero thanks me for buying the product. I accepted the terms of the licence condition.

Attached File  Bought_Nero_Product.bmp ( 727.37K ) Number of downloads: 862

After this, I was shocked to see this window. It says that it thanks me for trying Nero and that the Nero StartSmart will expire on the 5/04/2009.

Attached File  Trial_Version.bmp ( 734.12K ) Number of downloads: 1439

Nero StartSmart loaded up after I clicked 'Close'.

Now, my question is how the heck can you tell the difference between a trial or a full version of Nero 9? So, is it trial or full version?!

Nero ControlCenter 4 doesn't tell me anything about if I'm using trial or full version. It says that I have Activation (Nero 9) and a Nero 9 Trial which is going to expire on 5/04/2009. I would be really upset if it is trial, because I just bought it...

Thank you everyone for your help and contributions!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fazanaro
post Apr 4 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,442,293

Did you have an older version installed?

If yes, i recommend that you unistall-it fully and reinstall.

They are the same, but the trial version come whith one tip of serial and the full has another different. If you buy-it from Nero webpage, they have send to you one e-mail with one link to download-it, and the serial number.

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 4 2009, 02:47 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Go to the control center/license. Check the number there against the ones you used with the trial version and the purchased version and that should tell you which one you have. You should also make sure you have the latest update. The advice given above is also good.
I was having some minor problems with V8 and Nero sent me a new CD with all the upgrades. When it installed, it implied I had a 30 day trial version but I registered it okay. About a month later (which was today), it asked me to register the product so I did and it thanked me. Strange!

+Quote Post
swarlock
post Apr 5 2009, 03:58 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,226,724

Same here as well. It might be conflicting with an older version which was Nero 6 and that's in the Registry.

I'm going to remove any references of it in The Registry and do a Cleanup with their Clean Tool just to be sure.

+Quote Post
Cigarshaped
post Apr 17 2009, 01:50 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,445,742

QUOTE (Secure-DVD @ Mar 22 2009, 05:32 AM) *
Now, my question is how the heck can you tell the difference between a trial or a full version of Nero 9? So, is it trial or full version?!

Nero ControlCenter 4 doesn't tell me anything about if I'm using trial or full version. It says that I have Activation (Nero 9) and a Nero 9 Trial which is going to expire on 5/04/2009. I would be really upset if it is trial, because I just bought it...

My feelings entirely. I've asked for Tech Help to resolve install probs. But I don't know which version I paid for!
Did you know about the MS.NET Framework v3 upgrade requirement for Nero9?

Have you tried to install on other than C:\ drive? Mine's running out of space so D:\ is the aim, but I think the C: is used during extraction. General-Clean software only cleans the drive where it's opened, so I have to put it in C and D to clear remnants.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic