Start new topic
> Cannot install Nero 8
elenagres
post Jul 12 2008, 11:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,298,653

Hi all!
I am trying to install Nero 8 Trial but when the extraction process finishes, a popup window comes out saying : " EXTRACTION FAILURE. Can not delete out put file".
I tryed running all the Nero Cleaning tools, but couldn't run them as the program appaerently doesn't seem to be on the computer! It's gone from the install-uninstall panel, and if I try searching it manually the folder in not there anymore!!!
I also ran REGSEEKER and CCLEANER, but it didn't work!ù
Please help!!!!
Elena
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sturza-br
post Jul 28 2008, 12:00 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,962,125

Hi, Elena. This is really a serious problem for all registered users, but after much trying, 30 times or more, i succeeded in solving it and im gonna complain about it directly to the support. Anyway i explain u how i succeeded in solving the problem: the problem u report started happening 2 ou 3 versions ago of nero 8. Probably there is a problem in the structure of the compressed setup file so that the file is uncompressed but the installation doesnt go on. Or there appeared an incompatibilty with xp sp2 or sp3. The setup file happens to be a selfextracting *.7z compressed file, which is a compressing method created by Igor Plavlov. Since there is a problem with the selfextracting file now u have to uncompress the file yourself, and then run the setup file already uncompressed. To extract the file urself, download the program 7-zip file manager from www.7-zip.org , preferrably the latest version which is 4.58. After the 7-zip file manager is installed, ull notice the item 7-zip in the shell, if u right-click any file. So now right-click the setup file, Nero-8.3.6.0_eng_trial.exe or other. Hover the mouse on 7-zip and click extract to xxx. The setup file will be uncompressed to a folder. Open that folder and click on setupX.exe (the file name is exactly this) and only then ull succeed in installing nero 8. What a mess isnt it ? Ill be forwarding copy of this message to the nero support and i hope they solve the issue for the next versions. If ud rather wait for the problem to be solved by the support and do nothing for now, its up to u. Hoping to have been of service, best wishes. Jose Roque Sturza, from Santiago RS Brazil

This post has been edited by sturza-br: Jul 28 2008, 12:04 AM

+Quote Post
billpool
post Aug 27 2008, 02:00 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,105,174

sturza-br,

I'd like to thank you for the very informative solution to my having the exact problem with Ahead's shoddy install program. I'd been corresponding to support and customer service and frankly was about to submit for a refund but I like the program and Nero 7 worked just fine. I downloaded it already unarchived... I don't know why they don't furnish these instructions with all sales.

Thanks again

bill

+Quote Post
waa715
post Sep 5 2008, 06:24 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,171,235

QUOTE (sturza-br @ Jul 28 2008, 12:00 AM) *
Hi, Elena. This is really a serious problem for all registered users, but after much trying, 30 times or more, i succeeded in solving it and im gonna complain about it directly to the support. Anyway i explain u how i succeeded in solving the problem: the problem u report started happening 2 ou 3 versions ago of nero 8. Probably there is a problem in the structure of the compressed setup file so that the file is uncompressed but the installation doesnt go on. Or there appeared an incompatibilty with xp sp2 or sp3. The setup file happens to be a selfextracting *.7z compressed file, which is a compressing method created by Igor Plavlov. Since there is a problem with the selfextracting file now u have to uncompress the file yourself, and then run the setup file already uncompressed. To extract the file urself, download the program 7-zip file manager from www.7-zip.org , preferrably the latest version which is 4.58. After the 7-zip file manager is installed, ull notice the item 7-zip in the shell, if u right-click any file. So now right-click the setup file, Nero-8.3.6.0_eng_trial.exe or other. Hover the mouse on 7-zip and click extract to xxx. The setup file will be uncompressed to a folder. Open that folder and click on setupX.exe (the file name is exactly this) and only then ull succeed in installing nero 8. What a mess isnt it ? Ill be forwarding copy of this message to the nero support and i hope they solve the issue for the next versions. If ud rather wait for the problem to be solved by the support and do nothing for now, its up to u. Hoping to have been of service, best wishes. Jose Roque Sturza, from Santiago RS Brazil

Thanks for your advice - I tried this but I keep getting the error message:

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2908"

Any ideas what the problem may be? I've paid for the full version of Nero 8 and had it on my computer working fine until I updated it and it uninstalled itself and now I can't re-install it!

Thanks so much

Wend

+Quote Post
shaun23
post Sep 7 2008, 10:12 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,164,606

Hey All... Elena I've provided the link to Nero Cleantools below you dont need to have Nero installed, but after you run the cleantools application, you still should run a registry search keyword "Nero", then erase all those files (if any are still remaining) and reinstall Nero 8 (trial) with your org. serial..

I hope this help's all... Cheers...Shaun

http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-cleantools.html

+Quote Post
flsun
post Sep 15 2008, 01:58 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,173,249

I'm having a more basic problem trying to install Nero 8 from the CD. I get blue screened every time with an error indicating a problem with fltmgr.sys and the "page fault in nonpaged area" error. I previously ran Nero 6 for a long time and think I have all the pieces removed. I get the same error consistently no matter what action I have taken to try and make progress. Same error from either of my CD drives. I'm running XP SP3. Any hints would be appreciated. I have never had this kind of difficulty installing any software.

John

+Quote Post
Dr.Nero
post Sep 15 2008, 11:28 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,163,371

Hi John,

do you have tried to install the latest Nero 8 version (8.3.6.0) from the Nero website (http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero8-update.php)? Could you please post the exact name from your blue screen error? Maybe this is a hardware problem.

+Quote Post
flsun
post Sep 15 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #8

Dr. Nero,

I'm not in front of that PC (at home) just now. I was trying to install Nero 8 from the CD in the box, not from a download from the Nero web site. I am getting a blue screen error on either of my CD drives every time I try to start the install process, no matter what I have done in the interim (several steps to uninstall and clean up any previous Nero software). The drives work properly otherwise and I am able to install other software without difficulty.

The error is a "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area". There is also an indication of a problem with fltmgr.sys whatever that is. The process does not get any further than spinning up the drive and trying to start the process, the blue screen is the only display I get and it starts a physical memory dump.

I'm using a fairly new Pioneer CD/DVD recording drive that I had been using extensively with the previous Nero version (6).

I stop my av software and a couple of other Windows apps before trying to install Nero 8. It does not get far enough to generate any diagnostic files.

John

+Quote Post
flsun
post Sep 15 2008, 06:19 PM
Post #9

Dr. Nero,

An update. I got some assistance from Nero Tech Support on this. It seems the current CD version of Nero 8 is not compatible with some hardware or software in general use (as mentioned I have XP SP3). They had me delete Ahead and Nero folders in the Registry, and install a downloaded current version with the more recent fixes. That went fine and now I'm ready to go. Apparently the earlier version of the Nero 8 CD in the box is an out of the box coaster. Thanks for your attempt.

John

+Quote Post

Closed Topic