IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Recode Error : Nero Recode encountered an error and cannot continue.
PlayTEX
post Feb 18 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,426,496

Hi,

I have recently come an error that is really bugging me and one which I cant seem to figure out. I have been using Recode (many versions) since its launch and know most aspects but this one has got me stumped.

I get the following error message:-

Nero Recode encountered an error and cannot continue.

Unable to import file <path/file.mp4>
Please make sure that the selected file is a valid and non
DRM-protected video that is playable on your system.

When attempting to select an existing Nero Recode'd .MP4 file or .M2TS file.

I am using the latest Version (4.2.16.0) on Vista x64 SP1.

Many of my existing .MP4 files have been converted using V8 of recode and I am simply trying to recode them again for my iPhone.

Any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thematrix
post Feb 19 2009, 08:54 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Employee
Member No.: 8,403,732

Which files do you use? Are they maybe protected or not? Can you give information about the file? Is this only one file or it happens to you with every file you want to convert?

Regards, The Matrix

+Quote Post
wither
post Feb 21 2009, 03:25 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Isn't it wonderful when people ask for help, you try to help them and then you never hear from them again? A reply would probably be helpful to others who might experience the same problem.

+Quote Post
srssnell
post Apr 2 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,442,190

I am having the same problem with Recode. I am trying to take a Nero Digital .mp4 file and recode it to a lower bit rate/resolution suitable for my Google G1 mobile phone.

I get the same error as above when trying to import the .mp4 file. I have version 4.2.16.0 of Recode.

Thanks for any help out there!

+Quote Post
srssnell
post Apr 2 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,442,190

Matrix,

Oh, ya. It happens with ANY Nero Digital .mp4 file that I try to convert. It is not a protected file.

+Quote Post
seax125
post Apr 8 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,410,060

I have the same error message sometimes. My error message occurs when I record a DVD and go to recode it to remove the commercials. Not all DVD's will give the error message...some are OK...

I enjoy Nero software I have used Roxio but in my opinion it does not come close...unless you just want to copy a CD or DVD. I would like to find out what this bug is..

seax B)

This post has been edited by seax125: Apr 8 2009, 08:17 PM

+Quote Post
CanadianSpud
post Apr 10 2009, 03:48 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,144,172

I too am getting this exact same error. On my newest computer (1 month old E7400) with Nero 9 (latest Dec.12/08 update) I cannot import any of the .MP4 or M2TS into Recode. I can still import these same files on my older computer (AMD2600+) with Nero 8's Recode. What gives? I have a hunch it might be broken codecs, although Showtime plays these files just fine. An email to Nero's tech support prompted a request for info from GetSupportFiles.exe, but that little crappy piece of code won't generate the results, it just shuts down. I'm left with no way to provide them with the information they need, and they won't help without that info. Catch-22 anyone? I've resigned myself to wait for the next update.

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 10 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

not sure, but you might have to turn off UAC or Defender (or possibly anti-virus) to run the getsupport file. My machine is only a year old and I had to run it one time and it ran without a hitch.

+Quote Post
seax125
post Apr 11 2009, 05:57 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 8,410,060

I didn't mention I am also running Nero 9. I recently bought a new PC my motherboard on the previous went bad...I was running windows XP on the old one of course the new has windows Vista...I wonder if there could be a glitch there? Not all the disc give this error message.

Wither, I am going to take your advice and turn of the virus protection..i know you are talking about the support file but maybe it is interfereing with the recode in some instances. I run Norton and it came with the PC...I'm not really crazy about Norton it takes too much control of your PC..

If I find our anything for sure I will post it ...would appreciate any findings any of you may find.

thanks

seax B)

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 11 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

I'm running Norton Premier and the getsupport ran without problem. Norton doesn't take over as much as some of the other programs out there.

I mentioned turning off either UAC or defender because they're there to protect you against yourself and others who might want to make unwanted changes to your computer and sometimes interfere with installations and other utilities.

Please let us know if, and how, you resolved this.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic