Start new topic
> How to transfer Nero 8 to new PC?
lnichoalds
post Feb 14 2009, 03:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,172,269

Hello,

I just built a new PC and would like to move my relatively new version of Nero 8 from my old PC. Is this possible or do I have to buy a new version? I have my activation code.

Thanks

********* Never mind, found a way to re-download Nero 8 **************

This post has been edited by lnichoalds: Feb 15 2009, 04:10 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stuartgw
post Dec 28 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,660,365

Hi, lnichoalds

I have exactly the same question so I'm crurious how you got on with the re-download, or more specifically with accessing your serial number.

I copied the instalation file from my old PC, but of course the instal wants a serial number, which I can't find.

I have a copy of the activation email sent when I purcahsed the license, but that just has a web address and password, which no longer offers a serial number.

Does anyone else have any suggestions. I can't find an answer on any of the forums.

+Quote Post
Mrbelphy
post Dec 28 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,203,258

Hello,

you can install the Nero 8 on your new computer after the uninstallation from the old computer.

regards
mrbelphy

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 28 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

stuartgw, do you still have it installed on your old computer and is the computer available? If the answer is yes to both questions, then go to the control center\license and your serial number will be there.

If not, you can go to My Nero, My profile and select the "serial" tab. You're number will probably be there. Otherwise, you can call Nero and I'm sure they'll help you.

+Quote Post
stuartgw
post Dec 29 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #5

Mrbelphy and wither, thanks both for your prompt replies.

My old PC is still alive but limping, with no internet connection, so I'm thinking if I uninstal, then Nero will not be notified and so will not make a serial number available.

Should control centre be on th ePC of is it a web location? Either way I can't find it.

(slight bitch here. I find the nero suite very confusing. there are 8 or 9 different programs with 2 or 3 different entry points and bizarre navigation. but i paid for it and it works mostly.)

I have been to myprofile / serial and its blank, so I guess a direct request is in order. Here's hoping. (don't tell them about the bitch bit)

Cheers, Stuartgw

This post has been edited by stuartgw: Dec 29 2009, 12:49 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 29 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

When you start Startsmart, there is a little fire icon in the lower left corner of the screen. If you click on it, you will see the toolbox. select it and then the Nero Control Center. Look under License for your serial number.

Does this help?

+Quote Post
stuartgw
post Dec 30 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #7

Thanks Wither. It worked just fine.

Who would have guessed the hidden feature. (err.. I hope this isn't a case of RTFM)

Cheers, Stuart

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 30 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

I can only guess at what RTFM means.

It doesn't help that the help files aren't included in the download. They do that to keep the size of the download smaller. You should download and install the help files.

Nero is the most comprehensive software of it's kind for the masses. It takes a while to figure out what to use for a specific job.

Anyhow, glad you found the serial number.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic