Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> MKV Files
MRELKAY
post Feb 3 2009, 11:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,237,549

I have Nero 8 which includes Nero Vision 5. I would like to make a DVD using MKV video files but my copy of Nero Vision does not support MKV files. Is there a patch which enables Nero Vision to use MKV files as input in making a DVD? Or is there a conversion program which transforms MKV files to another file type which Nero Vision can use as input to the DVD I want to make. Please let me know of any solutions. MRELKAY@AOL.COM

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
treskaan
post Feb 3 2009, 12:00 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Employee
Member No.: 828,451

Hi,

Nero 8 does not support Matroska files. You can try the free Nero 9 trial and export the MKV files with Nero Recode into Nero Digital, afterwards you can handle them in Nero Vision due to Nero Vision 6 is also not yet ready to handle Matroska files.

Best regards,

treskaan

+Quote Post
mehome
post Feb 17 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,426,141

try this codec pack, works in nero vision 4;

http://www.cccp-project.net/

regards,

peter

+Quote Post
fazanaro
post May 13 2009, 01:45 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,442,293

I use the software called TSMUXERGui that in few minuts create one file that have similar size of mkv when you choose MT2S muxer to output. Than i open it in Nero and edit. If you have Bluray plugin, you can create it as well.
Edit: You can too output as ts files that are ready for burn DVD.

Sorry by my poor english.

This post has been edited by fazanaro: May 13 2009, 02:01 AM

+Quote Post
fazanaro
post May 13 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,442,293

Just to you undestand MKV files is like ZIP files that should contain video, audio and sometimes subtitles files in it. You have to extract files from MKV to edit-it. I use TSmuxer, but have many other soft that do the same or better, them split audio and video in 2 different files.

Sorry by my poor english.

+Quote Post
Dankriss
post Jun 1 2010, 10:34 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,471,643

Ok I have Nero 9 and it does play mkv...just...but I can't convert it to mpeg as when I go into make a movie it does not recognise the file....I usually use AVS video converter change it to mpeg then put it onto a DVD...how can I convert it with Nero?

Hope this makes sense... :unsure:

Kriss :)

+Quote Post
wither
post Jun 1 2010, 04:33 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I hope I don't muddy the water but-

There are a number of threads in regards to problems with some mkv files in V9. I guess it depends on what's in the mkv. V10 is supposed to fix those problems and, so far, I don't think there's been much problems with it. There's supposed to be an update to V9 sometime this year but I don't know if it addresses the mkv problems. You could always address your particular problem to tech support.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic