IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> How to create DVD disc menu with Nero Video 12?
holmes4
post Jul 9 2013, 01:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,594,272

I can find lots of tutorials on how to create DVD disc menus with older versions of Nero Vision, but I now have Nero 12.5 Platinum and I can't find out how to do this. Before I upgraded to Platinum, the Themes dialog showed me some themes that indicated (so I thought) a disc menu, but when I selected them it wanted me to upgrade. So I did. Now those themes don't show the menu indication and I can't figure out how to create a menu. I have searched the manuals and FAQs and can't find it. What have I missed?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GreedySmurfTJ
post Jul 9 2013, 02:43 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 9,105,026

Hi holmes4,

After you upgrade to Nero Platinum, you should enjoy more themes for video and photo editing, effects, Disc themes. Please make sure you download the Nero content Pack.

You can check your more information of the content pack: http://www.nero.com/enu/products/nero-vide...ntent-packs.php , If you did not install it, you can download and install it.

This content pack in platinum feature can be found within Nero Video and Nero Kwik Media.

You can contact Technical Support using the direct e-mail address: techsupport@nero.com.

Best regarards,
GreedySmurfTJ

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 9 2013, 03:40 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

There's a difference between themes and a DVD menu so I'm getting a little confused.

If you start out in Nero Video by selecting DVD, DVD-Video at the opening screen, the next screen is the Content screen just like in all Nero Versions. After you've imported and joined your videos and click on Next, you're in the Menu editing screen, just like all Nero Versions. Is something different happening when you leave the Content screen?

If you start out by selecting Make Movie or Slide Show, you can choose format options. The next screen is the Editing screen. When you leave that, you have to identify the type of project, just like in all Nero Versions. The next screen will be the Content screen and, of course, the next screen is the Menu editing screen.

+Quote Post
holmes4
post Jul 10 2013, 12:53 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,594,272

I seemed to be cycling between the Content and Edit screens- I had not ever gotten to the menu screen. I started over and figured it out. One thing that is very confusing is that if I import video files, they are not in the project. I go to the next screen and it shows me a different set of videos - I have to import all over again. Then there's the various places one enters names, which show up in different places later on. But if I do this enough times I'll make sense of it. It would be nice if there was a tutorial or even documentation on the process (if there is, I haven't found it.)

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 10 2013, 03:23 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Let's start out from scratch-

Open Nero Video. In the opening screen, select DVD, DVD-Video under Create and Export. Import a single video. Click on Next. Is it showing the video you imported and are you in the Menu editing screen?

If you import more than one video, you should select them all using standard Windows Explorer key sequences and then click on Join. Then click on Next. The videos you imported should be a single title but, if you select a Titles and Chapters menu, the first video you imported should be shown as the main movie and the second one should be Chapter 1. Note that, if you select Edit instead of Next, after joining your videos, you will be in the Editing screen. Everything I'm describing is basically the same as in older versions of Nero.

Under what circumstances do you see different videos than the ones you imported? Be very specific in regards to the steps you take.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic