IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Upgrade Nero 12 to Platinum, no serial number?
holmes4
post Jul 7 2013, 11:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,594,272

I upgraded Nero 9 to Nero 12 and installed that. When I found it didn't include the feature I wanted (Nero's web site is awful at figuring this out), I then also bought the Nero 12 Platinum upgrade. The confirmation email I received did not include a new serial number nor did it offer a download - it said that the applications would recognize the Platinum status. They don't - I keep getting kicked to the upgrade page to buy the upgrade I already paid for. The "activation" page assumes I'm installing from scratch. How is this supposed to work? The feature I am trying to use is a theme with DVD menus in Nero Video.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 8 2013, 02:58 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

As far as I know, you need a Platinum serial number and it's usually included in the e-mail. You should contact Customer Service in the morning.

+Quote Post
JokeySmurfLC
post Jul 8 2013, 07:49 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 9,102,759

Hi, holmes4,

Please contact our customer service department and they will help you find the serial number via the following link:

http://www.nero.com/enu/customer-service-form.html

Regards,

JokeySmurfLC

+Quote Post
holmes4
post Jul 9 2013, 12:55 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,594,272

This was my error - at least in some part. The upgrade email I received DID have the serial number - just not where the initial Nero 12 email had it, and it just said "Serial Number:" in the web confirmation page. So, in the famous words of Emily Litella, "Never mind!"

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 9 2013, 03:12 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

It sounds like you're up and running.

Enjoy!

+Quote Post