Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> No burn button in Nero Coverdesigner for lightscribe discs
febebs
post Jul 4 2013, 11:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,590,531

Goal: I need to burn an image onto a gold lightscribe disc using nero coverdesigner.

Problem: there is no burn function within Nero coverdesigner. Previously there would be a bronze circular symbol that I click to burn the disc.

More detail: After rebuilding my pc due to a virus I re installed Nero with the newest version - 10. Then I installed the free download Nero Cover Designer to burn images onto disc. On opening Nero Cover Designer there is no symbol or option to burn the disc. I am burning onto a lightscribe disc, with lightscribe hardware disc drive, and lightscribe software.

I have checked that my lightscribe drive is working as it burned text by using a different program; lightscribe simple labeller.

In Start, Programs, Nero there is Nero 10 and within that is burning rom. Then there is another folder Nero 10 and within that is Nero Coverdesigner.

Will be so grateful for assistance in finding the solution.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 4 2013, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Since you're using v10, Cover Designer is included in the normal installation. The one you downloaded is for v12. Since you don't have v12, I don't think it would work correctly. Try launching Cover Designer from within StartSmart.

Also, I assume that, after you installed v10, you went to the Nero ControlCenter and ran the Check for Updates.

+Quote Post
febebs
post Jul 5 2013, 03:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,590,531

thanks for your reply.

Is the free download on Nero for cover designer just for Nero v12?

strange that coverdesigner isn't on my computer with the installation of Nero 10.

I clicked on updates in the control centre. Now my Nero Burning Rom doesn't work... "installation corrupted please re install".

Smart Start doesn't seem to be a free downloadable product.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 5 2013, 03:47 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Up until v12, all Nero versions had CoverDesigner, SoundTrax and WaveEditor included as part of the normal installation. I think they separated it out in v12 to make the installation file smaller. From our discussions in the forum, the downloadable installation files for each of those apps appears to require a V12 serial number since the version for each app is shown as v12.

In V10 and earlier, StartSmart is the main interface for selecting all the individual apps unless you use Start, Programs. The SmartStart shortcut icon should have been installed on your desktop as part of the normal installation (it's a circular icon with a little flame in it). From your description of what's in Start, Programs, you don't have a complete installation. All the individual apps should be listed there.

Were did you get your copy of Nero 10? If you got it from nero.com, downloads, it may have been corrupted during download. I suggest that you go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and simply uninstall Nero MultiMedia Suite 10. I don't know what you're operating system is. If it's Vista or later, go to Windows Accessories and run the DiskCleanup tool. If you have XP, run cleanmgr.exe. In either case, when it's done, reboot. Download a fresh copy of v10 and install it.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic