Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero Image Drive
jcsaba
post Jan 18 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,414,279

Hi, Welcome to everybody, I am new to this forum.

Until now I used Nero 6 with no problems. I downloaded Nero 8 and I wanted to use Nero Image Drive (version 3.8.3.0) to watch some of my videos saved as image files (.iso) through Windows Media Player 9. I did exactly the same as I had done earlier with Nero 6. I initiated Nero Image Drive, located the image file (placed in the drive) and on appearing the box "What should Windows do" I click Play DVD (Windows Media Player). Media Player starts, but there is no sound. What should I set in Winows Media Player? Do I need some extra codec? Do I need some extra settings in Nero 8? In Nero 6 the same worked well.

Thanks for any help or advice in advance.

This post has been edited by jcsaba: Jan 19 2009, 09:41 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
treskaan
post Jan 19 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Employee
Member No.: 828,451

Hi there,

I'm no professional with the Windows Media Player, but Playback of ISO images should be possible with Nero Showtime.

Best regards

treskaan

+Quote Post
NuclearGeneral
post Jan 19 2010, 06:58 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,683,312

Hello,

To answer your question, yes, you may need to download some codecs for the DVD/Video image file to work properly. There is a codec pack available called "K-Lite Codec Pack" available from http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_pack.htm I use the FULL codec pack. It works very well with every file type/codec need to play them.

And this is somewhat offtopic; Why doesn't the new Nero 9 have/support Nero ImageDrive? It doesn't come with the application, why? And that seems to be the only Nero that works with Windows 7. Is it possible to get an update to Nero 7 to work on Windows 7? Cuz quite frankly... Nero 9 sucks. I'm using the trial and I already can't stand it.

I hope codec pack solves your issue mate. :)

Regards,
Donald

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 20 2010, 12:55 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Since V7 is compatible with Vista, you should be able to run it on Win7 in Vista compatibity mode (I think they have that). Elsewise, if you have Pro, Ultimate or Enterprise, you could run V7 under Virtual XP.

V9.4.26 is the only Win 7 certified version. What don't you like about V9. Other than getting rid of some things that you've become comfortable with, it fixed a lot of problems that existed in the older versions and added more capability. Every software maker does the same thing, especially Microsoft, and many of the changes are just plain stupid. Just depends on what you need.

This post has been edited by wither: Jan 20 2010, 12:59 AM

+Quote Post
Guest_ploughman_*
post Jun 24 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #5

Guests

I know this is a bit later.

I can confess I am a novice with some Nero Routines and Window facilities.

When I transfer files from my camcorder and play them from the PC or from a DVD all seems to function satisfactory, my you they are played by a bundled program.

Viewing folder either on the PC and/or DVD the recording seems to consist of 2 sub-folder. I believe one contains the video info and the other I thought the sound.

If this is incorrect I would appreciate being corrected. Then perhaps I can expand my usage of Nero, hopefully without any problems

+Quote Post

Closed Topic