Start new topic
> Nero Vision - unable to load imaging subsystem
pjfitzgerald
post Mar 20 2013, 03:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,243,172

Yes - it's this old chestnut!

Sorry for starting yet another new thread on this subject - but every other thread I have found is closed.

The version of Nero Video included with Nero 11 is giving me the old message "unable to load imaging subsystem.make sure that the program is installed properly"

Unfortunately, I can't check which specific version I have because the program will not open.

And no, the hotfix that is referred to and linked to on almost every occurrence of this problem has not solved it.

I have tried uninstalling but this fails - so I can't reinstall either!

Does anyone have any answers that haven't been offered before before I go for the nuclear option of a complete Windows rebuild?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 20 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Try going here- C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 12\Nero Vision and finding nerovision.exe. Right click on it and select "run as administrator".

If that doesn't work, you might try this tool- http://pchelper360.com/fix-errors/?error=Loading

+Quote Post
pjfitzgerald
post Mar 20 2013, 11:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,243,172

Thanks for replying - but before I had seen your reply, I had tried uninstalling again. The uninstallation stopped at Nero KwikMedia, so I now have a half-installed (or should that be a half-uninstalled? Glass half-full or half-empty and all that!) Nero system that I cannot do anything with. I'm not so much looking for something to repair the program now as something to force its removal by brute force if need be. Do you have any ideas of something that would do this?

Or if I simply delete the \Program Files\Nero 11 folder, do you think I'd be able to reinstall or is there likely to be some Nero gubbins somewhere else that would prevent it? I suppose that as my Nero system is completely screwed up now, I can't make it any worse...

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 21 2013, 02:55 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

What happened when it got to Kwik Media?

Are you installing from a disc? If so, I recommend uninstalling v11. Then download the trial version from Nero.com and install it. Insert your purchased serial number during the installation. Afterwards, run the check for updates from the Nero ControlCenter.

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 27 2013, 03:54 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

This is a real coincidence. Two days ago, I put my system to sleep like I always do and when I woke it up and tried to run Nero Video 12, I got this exact message. I did a system restore to before the problem occurred but it still persisted. I also couldn't uninstall or reinstall v12. I jumped through a lot of hoops that didn't work. I finally did a system restore to two weeks before the problem occurred. The problem no longer occurred but Nero Video didn't work correctly. However, it did let me uninstall it and reinstall it and now everything is okay. I think the problem has to do either with registration or a system .dll.

+Quote Post
FarmerSmurfFFA
post Mar 28 2013, 06:48 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,919,842

Hi pjfitzgerald,

The problem can have several causes. I recommend contacting tech support directly by sending email to techsupport@nero.com.

Best regards,
FarmerSmurfFFA

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post Mar 28 2013, 10:07 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,905,902

As a result of the many uninstallations and reinstallation, your system is full of Nero remnants, which can not be eliminated even with clean up.

To avoid endless attempts remains only to reinstall the OS with a complete reformat of the system partition (C:\). Previously save important directories (but not as system backup).

Download and install then last version of Nero 12.

See also the following blogs

Confusion and uncertainty with Installation of Nero 12

Nero 12, - caution on the first start of KwikMedia !

Tutorial - How to disable KM after installation of Nero 12

Wichtige Hinweise zu Nero 12 Upgrade

This post has been edited by hg-dude: Mar 28 2013, 10:09 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 28 2013, 03:13 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

What's interesting about when I got this problem is that, if I tried to run Nero Video 12 and got that error, then v9 Vision and V11 Nero Video would show the same message. If I did a system restore, I could open v9 Nero Vision and v11 Nero Video, if I didn't open v12 Nero Video. That's why I felt that it might be a .dll problem. Whatever caused the problem, also caused Backitup to indicate it wasn't registered. I didn't look at the event log to see what might have caused these issues, just because I put my system to sleep and then woke it up.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic