Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Create bootable disk in Nero 7?
oldharps
post Feb 11 2013, 01:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,419,027

I have Nero Smart Start v.7 and would like to create a bootable cd. The instructions I find say this can be done by starting on "New" in the program. Only one small problem - there is not a "New" option to select, nor can I find any other way to burn a bootable CD.

I tried another approach by burning three files: ntldr, ntdetect.com and boot.ini. The files were burned ok but the CD will not boot. BY the way, what I really want to do is to run a memory test with memtest86...iso. I added that file along with the boot files but when I reboot the cd drive runs for a while, then goes right into Windows XP. Any help appreciated.

This post has been edited by oldharps: Feb 11 2013, 01:12 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Feb 11 2013, 04:39 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

The bootable disc is created from either Nero Burning Rom or Nero Backitup. When you open Burning Rom, select New at the opening screen. In the new compilation screen, click on CD, then CD-ROM (bootable).

Note that to use the bootable disc, you need to have the boot options set in the BIOS such that your CD/DVD drive is the first boot option. Otherwise, it will just boot from the hard drive.

+Quote Post
oldharps
post Feb 12 2013, 01:18 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,419,027

Thanks for reply. Should I have Nero Burning Rom or Nero Backitup as part of my Smart Start Program, or do I need to download & pay for them separately?

Yes, I understand about setting the boot order in the BIOS, which was done before I tried unsuccessfully to boot with just the iso file, and then withe the iso file plus the basic boot files.

+Quote Post
wither
post Feb 12 2013, 04:47 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

After I responded and shut down, I thought that I should have told you to find those apps in case you didn't know how.

When you open StartSmart, click on the fire icon in the lower left hand corner of the screen. That will show you which applications are installed. Normally, Burning Rom will be installed.

Can you find it?

+Quote Post

Closed Topic