Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> How To Change Writing Speed In Nero Express v11
Macca2
post Jan 25 2013, 02:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,397,573

I have read many articles but cannot seem to find an answer. I have Nero 7 on my XP machine, and when burning cd's/dvd's I can set the write speed.
But, on my Win 7 machine I have Nero 11. I use Nero Express, as that is the program I know, love and have used for years. If I want to burn a cd [data] I can set the write speed in options.
I am burning avi files to dvd, [as data] to have a back up copy, but there is no option to set the write speed anywhere. Am I missing something?
The secure disc scan does not like many brands of discs, so I purchased Verbatim and it now likes them. The only thing is it is writing at full speed of which I do not want.
Please help.
Cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 25 2013, 04:41 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

After you've added your files, click on Next. Click on the left facing arrow on the left hand side of the screen. You can adjust the burn speed there.

Does that help?

+Quote Post
Macca2
post Jan 25 2013, 05:13 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,397,573

Thank you Wither. It was not actually showing in the left hand pane before.
After I had posted my question, I decided to install other components e.g. burning rom. Now the option to set speed has appeared.
Problem solved. I can continue to happily use Express.
Thanks again and cheers.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 25 2013, 05:41 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Excellent. I'm glad I was able to help. I'm not sure why it was necessary to install Burning Rom. Nero Express is mostly Burning Rom with a simplified interface. I know that if you buy the standalone Burning Rom, Nero Express is included with it.

Enjoy!

+Quote Post

Closed Topic