Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Upgrading from Nero 8 to Nero 12
Trebniloc
post Jan 10 2013, 11:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,428,446

The Nero recommendation is to do a clean installation which requires that I uninstall Nero 8.
When doing so through Control Panel/Add Remove Programmes, the alert came up 'Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified paths are valid'.
I thought there may be some error which could be corrected by re-installing Nero 8. When doing this, the same alert came up 'Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified paths are valid'.
What are 'transforms' and how do I 'verify the paths'?
Is there a solution or do I just install Nero 12 and what problems may occur?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 10 2013, 04:48 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Hi Trebniloc-

V9 and earlier are not uninstalled via the Control Panel because they don't use windows installers.

It's not necessary to uninstall v8 when you install v12. However, if you wish to do so, then you would use the Nero general clean tool. You can get it here- http://www.nero.com/enu/support.html?ecid=...C439;request:13

Run it to install v8. Then run the Disk Cleanup utility from Windows Accessories and reboot. If you're running XP, run cleanmgr.exe instead of the Disk Cleanup tool.

Install v12.

+Quote Post
Trebniloc
post Jan 11 2013, 10:37 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,428,446

Hi wither,

Thanks for information and advice.

My operating system is Windows XP 64bit edition so will make a Restore Point before continuing with the Nero 8 and Nero 12 installation.

+Quote Post
cleonelpidio
post Jan 25 2013, 02:58 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,398,102

Got to uninstall Nero? Do you have Nero 7, 8, 9, a trial version or any other product of Nero that you want to get rid of? If so, then I will help you with this by giving you a Nero removal plan.live chat support

This post has been edited by cleonelpidio: Mar 14 2013, 10:03 AM

+Quote Post
adrianob2
post Jan 26 2013, 12:32 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,151,484

This Forum is not for, and the users users do not like advertising!

Nero give them a Removal Tool, and its utilization is the right way to avoid risks, and to get further support if needed.

Bump the AD

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 26 2013, 03:04 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Hey adriano- hope you're doing well after a long work week.

I reported this guy this morning since he posted all over the place. I've been leaning on the moderator to do something about these people who constantly post. I don't know if it will do any good. Like everybody else, I'm tired of posting dummy threads.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic