2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
> I need help learning Nero 12 video editing
Calnat58
post Dec 4 2012, 07:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,322,923

I just bought Nero 12 Platinum. I haven't used Nero since version 9 and I have forgoten most of what I did back then as it was over 5 years ago. I have been searching for a good learning video to teach me how to use the video editing software, but I can't seem to find anything of any value. Can anybody direct me to a good beginers video so I can move on with my learning?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
retofploughman
post Dec 4 2012, 08:22 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,289,700

Calnat58

I do not know if the Tutorials offered at this web address will help you http://www.nero.com/eng/products/nero12-pl...m/tutorials.php

You may also find some reference to other Tutorial in one of the FORM subject.

Also you there are a number of Tutorials, whether they are duplicates from above, on 'My Nero', several I believe are offered by hg-dude. I would suggest go to 'My Nero and search for TUTORIALS, this I believe should up a list some are in GERMAN and may require translating

Hope this of use to you.

This post has been edited by retofploughman: Dec 4 2012, 08:31 AM

+Quote Post
BakerSmurfRX
post Dec 6 2012, 08:06 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 9,102,709

Hi Calnat58,

Also you can download the Nero 12 Platinum manual from our website:
http://www.nero.com/enu/products/nero12-platinum/manuals.php

Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later is required to open these PDF files. You can download this program free of charge from the Adobe website (www.adobe.com).

In the case you have any questions about Nero 12 Platinum you can contact the TechSupport: techsupport@nero.com. Also, you can get in touch via the online chat first.
http://www.nero.com/eng/support-contact.html

Best regards,
BakerSmurfRX

+Quote Post
retofploughman
post Dec 6 2012, 09:33 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Calnat58

Of course I had overlooked BakerSmurfRX of reading all 153 pages on the Nero 12 manual. I would have thought having Nero 9 for sometime you would be fairly conversant with the contents of the manual. Of course there is the HELP files available within the program that may be of use.

I do not know whether you receive Nero News, this morning I found an mail dated 23 March 2012 with several links to a site with video TUTORIALS for Nero. Personally I have not used them as it required me to log in and I feel that any videos to do with Nero's product should be available on their site.

I would supply the web-site address. If I did so someone may consider it ADVERTISING. But I can not see any reason why I should not give you the NERO'S address, this being nero@neronews.nero-us.info, especially as BakerSmurfRX banding addresses around.

As you may note it is an email address thus you may not get a reply, but that seems the general response to emails.

This post has been edited by retofploughman: Dec 6 2012, 09:35 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 6 2012, 04:19 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Calnat58- If you wish some help with this, just let us know and we'll walk you through it.

+Quote Post
retofploughman
post Dec 6 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Calnat58

Have you made any advancement in your requirement.

Other than my earlier suggestion I have found some tutorials in the FORUM at http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showforum=5

But seeing that they cover early versions of Nero I am sure that you have already viewed them.

I have just viewed the Nero 12 Tutorial web-page and found a link to, http://www.nero.com/eng/support.html#step:...s:455;request:2.

Here there are move tutorial's video, I believe that, there is also addition .pdf files to go with them.

Then thee is wither offer and I am sure there are other USERS who are in a similar situation as yourself who may share their knowledge with you/us.

+Quote Post
Calnat58
post Dec 7 2012, 06:14 AM
Post #7

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I have had limited time to review and will check them all out and report. As you all are most probably aware, video editing is very time consuming, and I have been very short on time with the holidays at hand. I haven't edited video in over 5 years using nero 9, so it's like starting over again. Thanks again.

+Quote Post
Calnat58
post Dec 7 2012, 07:02 AM
Post #8

Ok folks, this shouldn't be this hard. I have looked at all the links provided and at best what I see is info on how to use the special effects in Nero 12 video. All I want to do is watch a instructional video on how to use Nero 12 VIDEO "editing". I don't care at this point about special effects, I just want to take the video that I shot and have downloaded to my computer, and take out all the dead space footage. I will learn about special effects later, I just need to trim this down so I can make copies and get it out to my family before Christmas. Why doesn't Nero have this on their website? All I see is promotional stuff about all that Nero can do, but very little usefull info on how to go from A-Z for video editing. I'm about ready to dump this software and try something else. Sorry, very frustrated.........................

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 7 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

If I remember correctly, there is a tutorial on cutting.

Open Nero Video and select Make Movie or Slide Show. Go to Advanced Editing by clicking on it on the left side of the screen. Go to Import, Import Files and import your file. Drag it to Video 1.

There are numerous ways to get to where you want to start a cut. No matter how you get there, click on the scissors on the right hand side. Hover them over the video on Video 1. You can go frame by frame to get to where you want to be. When there, simply click and the start of the cut is marked. Then move the scissors to the end of the part you want to cut. Click and it's done. Then go to the right hand side of the screen and click on the standard tool (white arrow). Click on the part that you cut, right click and select "delete and close gap". You're done. Repeat as desired.

In addition, you can double click on the video on Video 1 and a Trim Window will come up that you can use for the same purpose. I think the scissors is the better way to go.

+Quote Post
Arnarnarn
post Dec 30 2012, 01:06 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 10,322,162

I totally agree. Where is a simple step-by-step instruction to 1) enter my video 2)cut out the bad stuff and 3)burn the result to a DVD in a format which will play in a VCR connected to a TV?

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post Dec 30 2012, 02:39 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,905,902

As mentioned above, take once a look to this blog. The examples are created with NeroVision 5 (Nero 8) but techniques and methods are the same also for NeroVideo.

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 30 2012, 04:57 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

I don't understand. I gave you a step by step procedure for the editing. when you're done editing, click on Next. Select DVD, DVD-Video. If you don't want to add chapters or a menu, keep clicking next until you get to the burn screen. Burn.

Now what's confusing me is that you want to use a VCR player? Do you mean a DVD\VCR player?

+Quote Post
Arnarnarn
post Dec 30 2012, 08:08 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 10,322,162

Sorry... it's a DVD player attached to my TV. Now you know I'm both old and a newby.

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 30 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Have you been able to create a playable DVD? Problems?

+Quote Post
retofploughman
post Dec 31 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Arnarnarn @ Dec 30 2012, 08:08 PM) *
Sorry... it's a DVD player attached to my TV. Now you know I'm both old and a newby.

Arnarnarn

Not to worry you are probably one of many Silver Surfers.

Anyway there are at present still combo players around, VCR/DVD & HD.

Before the combo unit, there were Video/DVD players Tape Recorder/DVD player, followed by Tape and Disc Recorders. I suppose these were referred to as DTR/DVD devices, commonly known as Video Recored, VCR.

Mind you, I ask myself, if you have a DVD which you wish to cut out BAD portions, it must originated from some source, such as a DVD Recorder and if so why not use the Recorder itself to remove the unwanted portion of the RECORDING.

But lets not get into that position and just deal with the apparent complex USAGE of Nero to do the JOB. Who apparently removed the 3rd party facilities supplied with the Recorder, whatever you wish to call it, and replace them with Nero own 3 rd party routines.

This post has been edited by retofploughman: Dec 31 2012, 01:16 PM

+Quote Post
cpossin
post Jan 23 2013, 10:51 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 10,396,163

I am dealing with the same question...how do i edit video in Nero 12. I just got it downloaded to do simple editing and can't figure out how to cut out dead space. Went thru instructions that wither had given but when I 'delete & close gap' my whole video is deleted. I used Windows Movie Maker previously...very simple, but when i had to switch to windows 8 it wasn't available so bought Nero 12 platinum and can't figure out simple basics. I have downloaded manual and been trying to figure it out too but I think I need Nero for dummies! :) Very frustrated as I just want to do some simple editing.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 24 2013, 04:15 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

If you used the scissors to define the beginning and end of the part you want to cut out, then you would click on that part, right click and select "delete and close gap". It sounds to me like you're clicking on an area outside the area to be cut. I don't have time tonight to give you a visual.

+Quote Post
cpossin
post Jan 24 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 10,396,163

I believe I have figured it out. Thank you.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 24 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Great.

+Quote Post
Noelus
post Jan 26 2013, 11:00 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 9,319,982

QUOTE (wither @ Dec 7 2012, 04:56 PM) *
If I remember correctly, there is a tutorial on cutting.

Open Nero Video and select Make Movie or Slide Show. Go to Advanced Editing by clicking on it on the left side of the screen. Go to Import, Import Files and import your file. Drag it to Video 1.

There are numerous ways to get to where you want to start a cut. No matter how you get there, click on the scissors on the right hand side. Hover them over the video on Video 1. You can go frame by frame to get to where you want to be. When there, simply click and the start of the cut is marked. Then move the scissors to the end of the part you want to cut. Click and it's done. Then go to the right hand side of the screen and click on the standard tool (white arrow). Click on the part that you cut, right click and select "delete and close gap". You're done. Repeat as desired.

In addition, you can double click on the video on Video 1 and a Trim Window will come up that you can use for the same purpose. I think the scissors is the better way to go.
I liked the way you wrote this. It made sense, even to an oldie like me. I can now do the above, but now, (it was not like it yesterday), the first home video I put in immediately goes to things like 260 hours, sometimes 600 hours, when it is about 3 minutes. Yesterday I could put six short videos in via 'import file' and then edit them. Today nothing wants to work the same. I don't believe I am doing anything different. Got any clues that might help me? Noelus.

),

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed Topic