> Nero & Windows 7
bfflsports
post Nov 30 2012, 01:02 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,280,587

With NERO 12

I have had INSTALLATION problems, finally resolved be reinstalling MY OPERATING SYSTEM.

THEN NERO did NOT burn any movie to my DVD Drive........... IT STILL DOESN'T

(yes, I've tried it ALL.... cleaning...... deleting UPPER LOWER fiters... ALL of it)

In any case I spent GOOD money on a product that still DOES NOT WORK almost 2 months after purchase...... this doesn't seem legal

ANYWAY, I have a feeling the problem exists in WINDOWS 7 not recognizing my DVD drive.

ANY THOUGHT?????????

Maybe I can get Nero 12 to work BEFORE Nero 13 is released.

Thanks

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TailorSmurfNY
post Nov 30 2012, 03:32 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 9,102,737

Hi bfflsports,

Sorry for your inconvenience with Nero 12, do you have any error messages while making DVD with Nero Video 12?

Can your computer recognize your DVD drive when insert a disc? If no, please try to install the latest driver for the drive.

If the problem persists, please kindly send us some detailed problem description to techsupport@nero.com, then we will analysis for you.

Best Regards,

TailorSmurfNY

+Quote Post
retofploughman
post Nov 30 2012, 07:12 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,289,700

bfflsports

Using the OS 'My Computer' do you see your DVD drive icon displayed. If no icon try using the ADD New Hardware facility of Control Panel. OR RtClk 'My Computer' and select 'MANAGE' this opens a display and here you can select 'Disc Management' which will display the drives available on your system, one will at least be your Disc Drive

If you have an icon displayed. Put a disc in the drive and see if the info for the drive changes. If so clivk on the icon and some action will occur. If it is a video or music disc then then eill be some response, if not the contents of the disc will be displayed.

Have you downloaded the 'FREE TOOLS' available on http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads/. If not download Nero DiscSpeed and install it. Once you have done this there is a TAB labelled 'Disc Info' this will give you information about the disc and also display the info for your drive.

At this point you can try the 'Scan Disc' option and providing the disc contains info the program will scan you disc.

At this point you can use 'CREATE Disc' which burns a Nero DATA disc.

Once this has been completed you should feel confident that you PC is working and that you OS can communicate with the drive.

I hope I have not tried to 'Teach you to Suck Eggs' and the info supplied helps you

+Quote Post
bfflsports
post Nov 30 2012, 10:31 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TailorSmurfNY @ Nov 30 2012, 03:32 AM) *
Hi bfflsports,

Sorry for your inconvenience with Nero 12, do you have any error messages while making DVD with Nero Video 12?

Can your computer recognize your DVD drive when insert a disc? If no, please try to install the latest driver for the drive.

If the problem persists, please kindly send us some detailed problem description to techsupport@nero.com, then we will analysis for you.

Best Regards,

TailorSmurfNY

I guess your sending me back to "square 1".... as I wrote... I have tried everything you all suggested.

I do not get any Error messages, Nero claims DVD is complete... (there is nothing on the DVD)

MY pc does recognize when I put a disc in so the driver is not the issue.

The problem HAS persisted since I bought NERO 12 nearly 2 months ago. It has never WORKED.

As for techsupport........ forget it. I have tried on several occasions and all I get is an auto-response.... I have gotten more help on this forum... BUT NERO STILL DOES NOT WORK COPRRECTLY......... Details???? NERO DOES NOT WORK

+Quote Post
adrianob2
post Dec 1 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,151,484

Hi bfflsports,

I am very unhappy for the issue you had, and have, and I understand that you can be very tired opf trying, and testing, and trying again with no luck!

I have only one experience in burning problems, several years ago. It happened that I burned with some errors, then when I try again I had success, and again,.. and errors again. I was going crazy: same type of work and different results each time!

Then I changed the drive, and the power supply and I had no more problems!

Now: the last issue you already have is the burn phase. Is it?

Sometimes different programs have parts that interfere with one another.

- from HP.com specs of G60-642NR
Multimedia:
Rhapsody Music Store
eBay
Windows Live Photo Gallery
Cyberlink Power DVD
Cyberlink DVD Suite

Adobe Reader; Adobe Flash
HP Games Powered by Wild Tangent
Cyberlink MediaShow

I do appreciate HP as HDW producer and Software installation and support too. But I have this suspect in back of my mind: is there any interference between Nero and Cyberlink ?
Maybe can wither remember anything about this ?
Or any Smurf?

Sorry but I only can try to help you with questions, because I never had this kind of problems with Nero. I mean: I had installation problems in the past, but once solved, I no longer suffered of burning issues.

Regards
Adriano

+Quote Post
bfflsports
post Dec 1 2012, 01:09 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (adrianob2 @ Dec 1 2012, 12:36 AM) *
Hi bfflsports,

I am very unhappy for the issue you had, and have, and I understand that you can be very tired opf trying, and testing, and trying again with no luck!

I have only one experience in burning problems, several years ago. It happened that I burned with some errors, then when I try again I had success, and again,.. and errors again. I was going crazy: same type of work and different results each time!

Then I changed the drive, and the power supply and I had no more problems!

Now: the last issue you already have is the burn phase. Is it?

Sometimes different programs have parts that interfere with one another.

- from HP.com specs of G60-642NR

I do appreciate HP as HDW producer and Software installation and support too. But I have this suspect in back of my mind: is there any interference between Nero and Cyberlink ?
Maybe can wither remember anything about this ?
Or any Smurf?

Sorry but I only can try to help you with questions, because I never had this kind of problems with Nero. I mean: I had installation problems in the past, but once solved, I no longer suffered of burning issues.

Regards
Adriano

Trust me, I understand this is a tough issue to resolve without trying many different things, so I appreciate ALL OF YOU that are trying to help with your suggestions. I am willing to try everything suggested, but it is REALLY frustrating when you have spent good money on something that has yet to work in nearly 2 months.

Thank you once again and I will give your suggestions a try.

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 1 2012, 03:06 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

You're a busy boy tonight. :D

In you're other thead, you said that your DVD player would play the discs intermittantly. As I noted, the log you provided showed 5 or 6 successful burns. I was surprised because the selections are commercial music and I would expect them to be protected.

I might try something.

Edit: I downloaded Green Day Wild One and burned it to a CD from Burning Rom in Nero v12. It plays fine on my computer in Kwik Media. My stereo system is a component system and is disassembled because I've been painting the room it's located in so I can't play it on my standalone CD player. I don't know if my DVD player plays CD's but, since my boss is watching TV, I can't try it there.
I like when he says he's F'd up and no where to go. Good record.

+Quote Post
bfflsports
post Dec 1 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (wither @ Dec 1 2012, 03:06 AM) *
You're a busy boy tonight. :D

In you're other thead, you said that your DVD player would play the discs intermittantly. As I noted, the log you provided showed 5 or 6 successful burns. I was surprised because the selections are commercial music and I would expect them to be protected.

I might try something.

Edit: I downloaded Green Day Wild One and burned it to a CD from Burning Rom in Nero v12. It plays fine on my computer in Kwik Media. My stereo system is a component system and is disassembled because I've been painting the room it's located in so I can't play it on my standalone CD player. I don't know if my DVD player plays CD's but, since my boss is watching TV, I can't try it there.
I like when he says he's F'd up and no where to go. Good record.

First I want you to understand that I am truly gratefull to YOU and all others who have tried to help me out with my issue. I am just frustrated with the situation and I appologize if I offended anyone.

The successfull burns you saw on my log were CD's I uploaded to my PC for transfer to my I-POD, so they were convenient to test NERO 12. In any case NERO 12 seems to be able to burn audio CDs but for some reason will not burn a DVD or movie. Nero "says" burning succesfull but the DVD is empty. I was able to burn to my harddrive as someone suggested but can not burn to a DVD.

I broke out my OLD laptop and tranfered a movie to it and used NERO 12 on that laptop.... it worked!!

That would suggest to me that THIS laptop has a "burner" issue.

Would you agree??

Again to ALL, THANKS

+Quote Post
retofploughman
post Dec 1 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

bfflsports

I am confused with this situation. You said that you have tried everything. But when I asked about Nero DiscSpeed, which only concerns the drive and the Nero program and DATA you did not state that it FAILED. At that point I assumed it only concerned you own DATA.

I believe wither and other have asked about additional info, which seems lacking here.

Now you have tried another Laptop which appears to work, we come back to your installed drive. Have you checked the Drive Manufactures web-site for a firmware update. BTW unless we now what you have accomplished I feel that all we can do is suggest starting at square 1.

+Quote Post
bfflsports
post Dec 1 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (retofploughman @ Dec 1 2012, 08:53 PM) *
bfflsports

I am confused with this situation. You said that you have tried everything. But when I asked about Nero DiscSpeed, which only concerns the drive and the Nero program and DATA you did not state that it FAILED. At that point I assumed it only concerned you own DATA.

I believe wither and other have asked about additional info, which seems lacking here.

Now you have tried another Laptop which appears to work, we come back to your installed drive. Have you checked the Drive Manufactures web-site for a firmware update. BTW unless we now what you have accomplished I feel that all we can do is suggest starting at square 1.

Actions taken

Emailed TECHSUPPORT (autoresponse only)

1) reset my operating system which allowed NERO 12 to be installed

Emailed TechSUPPORT (autoresponse only) came to this forum and followed the following suggestions

2) Edited registry for "upper" and "lower" filter issues.

Emailed TECHSUPPORT (autoresponse only)

3) Cleaned DVD drive as suggested

Stopped emailing TECHSUPPORT... forum is more usefull

4) burned to hard disc as suggested using Nero 12 Burning Rom (burned to hard drive but would not burn to DVD)

5) downloaded and ran Nero DiscSpeed with NO errors.

6) Removed other "burning" software as suggested

7) Pulled out old laptop and loaded NERO 12, burning was succesfull

8) trying at this moment to burn again using the laptop with issues. (this after trying discspeed and removing other software)

Still "burning"

+Quote Post
retofploughman
post Dec 1 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

bfflsports

So in (5) you were able to 'CREATE' a DATA disc.

Was the disc used a RW unit, if so please return the dis and from the 'EXTRA' drop-down menu select 'ERASE DISK'. A display will open with a selection of either FULL or Quick Erase. The time for quick is about 2 min, whereas FULL can vary from 15 to 30 mins. Once this has been done he SCAN Option and 'Disc Info' should flag the disc is empty.

Also in the drive box it should show your drive reference along with the firmware version.

If the 'CREATE' and 'ERASE' functions are satisfactory, then I feel that you should be 90% or more satisfied that the drive is OK.

I take it that both Laptops are using the same OS.

This post has been edited by retofploughman: Dec 1 2012, 11:08 PM

+Quote Post
bfflsports
post Dec 2 2012, 01:00 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (retofploughman @ Dec 1 2012, 11:04 PM) *
bfflsports

So in (5) you were able to 'CREATE' a DATA disc.

Was the disc used a RW unit, if so please return the dis and from the 'EXTRA' drop-down menu select 'ERASE DISK'. A display will open with a selection of either FULL or Quick Erase. The time for quick is about 2 min, whereas FULL can vary from 15 to 30 mins. Once this has been done he SCAN Option and 'Disc Info' should flag the disc is empty.

Also in the drive box it should show your drive reference along with the firmware version.

If the 'CREATE' and 'ERASE' functions are satisfactory, then I feel that you should be 90% or more satisfied that the drive is OK.

I take it that both Laptops are using the same OS.

I was able to create a data disc with a regular CD and a DVD R/ L do not have an RW disc so I could not try your other suggestion. i see the drive but not firmware version unless it is 0300 ?

Yes, both laptops are running Windows 7

Thanks for the help.

FYI

my recent attempt at burning did not work again. the dvd is empty

This post has been edited by bfflsports: Dec 2 2012, 01:45 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 2 2012, 04:30 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Because of the two threads you have going, it's hard to provide cohesive advice on your problem. I think we should choose one and stick to it.

Please post the log for the failed burn. It seems to me that the log you presented before had like 5 CD and 1 DVD burns and all were successful.

+Quote Post
retofploughman
post Dec 2 2012, 08:47 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

wither

I agree with you about the 2 THREADS.

Actually he has only one thread going but has contributed to the second Thread, opened by ROBIVA and it this which is causing some confusion.

I would suggest that bfflsports cease to contribute the the other THREAD and sticks to this one 'Replying to Nero & Windows 7'

This post has been edited by retofploughman: Dec 2 2012, 08:56 AM

+Quote Post
bfflsports
post Dec 2 2012, 11:58 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Wither & Retofploughman

I have to agree that I have made this a bit confusing. I am not an expert at computing and very frustrated at the moment. I will stick to this thread and report the issues I am having, Both of you have been very helpful in trying to pin this down.

To show you a bit of my confusion:

In an earlier post I reported that NERO discspeed worked in burning a data disc on BOTH a cd & a DVD. Upon further review, when I tried to burn the data DVD I got the following error: ERROR Invalid field in CDB (052400).

Secondly, it appears that NERO did burn the DVD. When I put it back in the DVD Drive windows "autuplay" suggests that the DVD is empty, however when I look at this DVD using NERO disc info I can see that it is NOT empty. I placed it in my older laptop and the DVD actually has the movie on it and it plays.

In an attempt at clarifying things I will run Discspeed again and report my results. I will also try burning again and report those results. Please remind me as to where I can find the "log files" if neeeded for analysis.

I will start again and try to follow your directions and be clear about my results.

+Quote Post
retofploughman
post Dec 2 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

bfflsports

I am not sure which log file you are referring to, whether it is the NeroDiscSpeed or Nero Burning routine.

Personally, because I find the log file saved a bit confusing I use a routine to print the file to a designated location, the DESKTOP. I suppose it is possible to do the same with the Save Log facility of the Nero Burning routine.

In Nero Discussed selecting from the DROP-DOWN menu of FILE there is an option to save a log in .CV file in a designated location, I believe to be found in the OPTION.

Please excuse the vagueness but I am in the middle of a HUNG Nero Routine and waiting for it to sort itself out, if it ever does, it been like that for 10 mins or so.

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 2 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

C:\Users\"user name\appData\Roaming\Nero\Nero 12\Nero Vision

+Quote Post
bfflsports
post Dec 2 2012, 10:07 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Okay, here is where it stands with me. The last burn I did actually burned. When I put it back in the burner, "autostart" claimed it was a "blank DVD". However when I used Nero disc info it should the video was there. I put the DVD in my other laptop and it began to play then locked up.

The new laptop seems to have an issue reconizing the DVD.... (I have reloaded my operating system on the newer computer and have started back at square 1.) I have also successfully installed NERO 12.

I will first run Nero Discspeed and see what happens......... then I will try to burn once again.

I will keep you updated.

+Quote Post
bfflsports
post Dec 2 2012, 11:06 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

I don't quite know what Nero Discspeed does but it appeared to work with a DVD,

Now let's see if we can burn a movie

+Quote Post
adrianob2
post Dec 3 2012, 12:15 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,151,484

QUOTE (bfflsports @ Dec 2 2012, 10:07 PM) *
Okay, here is where it stands with me. The last burn I did actually burned. When I put it back in the burner, "autostart" claimed it was a "blank DVD". However when I used Nero disc info it should the video was there. I put the DVD in my other laptop and it began to play then locked up.

The new laptop seems to have an issue reconizing the DVD.... (I have reloaded my operating system on the newer computer and have started back at square 1.) I have also successfully installed NERO 12.

I will first run Nero Discspeed and see what happens......... then I will try to burn once again.

Hi bfflsports,

I understand your frustration, and I am in the same situation. Let I explain: I try to think how to discover the problem, and this passes through the right question to ask and through the right test to propose. It's not so easy! It would be easy if we knew the reason/origin of the problem, but this is only a hope... So, please, would excuse me if I ask a useless test.

Can you burn a Video on "old" computer (e.g. using a USB key, transfer the full Video_Ts folder of the Video that you burned in this post), or a video made in the same maner, play it there (old PC) and in DVD player, and if successful, play it again on the "new"computer too?

The considerations on which is based this proposal are:
1 - Using Nero Video, you can burn on HD, and play the resulting Video.
2 - You can burn that from HD to DVD, but the resulting DVD does not works in PC and sometimes in DVD players

then your DVD has problems, or software in you new Pc do interfere with Burning/Reading functions (at the moment I can't gues which statement is correct).
Do you agree?

If yes, then we need first to be sure of that and we will be less frustrated, and we will have the direction where to look for to something to do to correct the issue.

Regards
Adriano

P.s.
- Maybe DiscSpeed do utilize very basic functions, so it's not troubled from other software around. (and this may point our attention to the software side...)
- a question: what happens if you try to play a commercial DVD?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed Topic