Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Video formats Nero 12 Video will edit / cut
Blutoe
post Nov 28 2012, 06:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,897,152

I searched the entire Nero 12 Video manual - several times (the ONLY Video 12 manual I found doesn't distinguish between Nero Platinum & "regular"). Looking for what ALL video formats Video 12 (not from Platinum, if it matters) can import / add, then edit / cut.
Found really nothing on a list of formats it can edit / cut. Seems like this should be in the manual. Is there such a list? Will it handle mkv, mov, any of the Flash formats?, any using h264 / x264 (MPEG-4/AVC, MPEG-4 Part.10), divx, etc?

Some of these aren't formats, of course - but codecs used may still determine whether N. Video 12 can edit them or not.

Manual did have some about export video format options, but leaves a lot out. Mostly for making movies.

for instance, if I import a mp4 - h264 file to cut, can it export / save edited project in same format?

Is this true for most of more common video formats used today, or is N. 12 Video quite limited in its available export formats, for edited vids?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 29 2012, 04:06 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Nero can edit practically any non-proprietary video format (you get license to mpeg-4, .mt2s and .mts when you purchase Nero) provided that it's not copyright protected. To see the formats, click on Import, Import File in any Nero Video window. Click in the lower right hand corner box of the browsing window. It will show you all the formats it can handle.

It will burn your video in the same format that you used. There are numerous options if you want to export to a different or same format.

+Quote Post
retofploughman
post Nov 29 2012, 09:02 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,289,700

Blutoe

At the present I do not have access to Nero Video, but if you view the System Requirements on http://www.nero.com/eng/products/nero12-pl...requriments.php.

Viewing the Manual I have for Nero 12, I believe there are a number of comments about Disc Formats, looking at pages 144 & 145 seems to refer to the different types of disc's and the format for them.

I hope this help to resolve you query about formats.

Anyway while the video is being edited, I feel the format should not matter, it is all treated as data.

+Quote Post
Blutoe
post Nov 29 2012, 04:24 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,897,152

Thanks wither. That was my impression, that you have to INSTALL Nero 12 to see for sure if it will edit a particular format. Especially for some uncommon ones.
Yes, they have trial version, but it's a huge prgm to install, just to determine common info that should be in any manual for this type software, IMHO.
Anyone that's read my previous comments knows what I think of Nero manuals, in general.

retofploughman - yes, it mentions disk formats, but not much about formats it can edit. Both data are important to some users.

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 30 2012, 04:24 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

I assumed that you had Nero installed all ready.

If you tell me what formats you're interested in, I can tell you if it is supported. I couldn't take a screenshot with the snipping tool.

+Quote Post
JokeySmurfLC
post Dec 3 2012, 04:10 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 9,102,759

Hi, Blutoe,

All supported file formats for Nero 12 and Nero 12 Platinum are listed here:

http://www.nero.com/eng/support-nero12-sys...quirements.html

http://www.nero.com/eng/support-nero12-pla...quirements.html

Regard,

JokeySmurfLC

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 3 2012, 04:26 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Excellent. I've never bothered to scroll all the way down on the system requirements page.

On the other hand, I've never been able to open a .dat file in KM and tech support has said that .wtv is not supported in Recode (Nero v12).

+Quote Post

Closed Topic