Start new topic
> Nero 12 No Start Smart???
simon232
post Nov 20 2012, 10:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,304,560

Hi,

I used to use Nero 7, specifically i would use Nero 7 Start Smart and use it to burn my movie. I have Nero 12, but i cannot find Start Smart, does it contain this feature? I only ask because what i normally do is download movies that were .avi extensions, then use Nero Start Smart > Make Your Own DVD Video > Then drag my movie file and create a background and header then burn however, i cannot seem to find this option. Can somebody tell me if their is an option for this and if so where do i need to go?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FarmerSmurfFFA
post Nov 21 2012, 02:29 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,919,842

Hi Simon232,

Nero StartSmart has been replace since Nero 11.
In Nero 12, it's replaced by application "Nero 12", which is not only a detailed introduction to Nero 12, but also a helpful and detailed guide for Nero 12.

To access the guide, click Windows Start > Programs > Nero > Nero 12 > Nero 12.
There you will find important information and useful tips related to the applications of Nero 12.

In Nero 7, Nero Vision is used for creating DVD videos. It has been replaced by Nero Video since Nero 11.
You can access Nero Video via desktop icon, from app Nero 12, or clicking windows start > Programs > Nero > Nero 12 > Nero Video. Open Nero Video, select "dvd" > "dvd video", import your movie, proceed to create a menu and burn to disc as usual.

For more detailed instructions, you can refer to Nero Video manual.
All manuals for Nero 12 are available from
http://www.nero.com/eng/products/nero12/manuals.php

Best regards,
FarmerSmurfFFA

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 21 2012, 04:28 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

The actual name of the StartSmart replacement is the Welcome Application. When v12 first came out, the Welcome Application wasn't placed on the Desktop. That was corrected later.

If the Welcome Application shortcut is not on your Desktop, procede as follows:

If you have a 64 bit system, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 12\Welcome Application. find the Welcomeapplication.exe file. Right click on it and select Send to and then Desktop. On a 32 bit system, go to C:\Program Files\..............................

+Quote Post
ArmandLiberi
post Nov 21 2012, 04:37 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,367,416

On my system, the desktop icon says "Nero 12" and the menu entry under Nero 12 is "Nero 12," although when it is opened, the title of the dialog is "Welcome to Nero 12 Platinum."

+Quote Post
retofploughman
post Nov 21 2012, 07:41 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,289,700

QUOTE (wither @ Nov 21 2012, 04:28 AM) *
The actual name of the StartSmart replacement is the Welcome Application. When v12 first came out, the Welcome Application wasn't placed on the Desktop. That was corrected later.

If the Welcome Application shortcut is not on your Desktop, procede as follows:

If you have a 64 bit system, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 12\Welcome Application. find the Welcomeapplication.exe file. Right click on it and select Send to and then Desktop. On a 32 bit system, go to C:\Program Files\..............................

wither

Just to be pedantic your directions for the location is assuming that the installation is in the DEFAULT location. If it is in a CUSTOM installation then it will be found in the \Nero\Nero 12 folder. I have left out the preliminary directory structure as someone may not have included it.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic