Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Cannot play this media (BD Disk)
alokeprasad
post Nov 3 2012, 12:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,253,594

I am trying to play a commercial BD (the movie Hangover, rented from Netflix) on my PC (has a Asus BD ROM player).

Kwik Media and the Nero Blue Ray Player (part of Nero 11 Platinum) gives me error "Cannot play this media". In all fairness, neither can Windows Media Player or VLC player.
The disc plays fine on my PS3. I can browse the directories of the disc in Windows Explorer.

Any idea what's wrong?

PS: VLC player gives the error:
Blu-Ray error:
This Blu-Ray Disc needs a library for AACS decoding, and your system does not have it.
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray:///E:/'. Check the log for details.

Where do I get the AACS decoder? Shouldn't that be a part of Nero 11 Platinum?

This post has been edited by alokeprasad: Nov 3 2012, 12:49 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mister_M
post Nov 3 2012, 03:47 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 69,291

WMP and VLC aren't capable of playing back commercial blurays.

AACS is a copy protection algorithm. The lack of the decoding library looks like a corrupt installation of the Nero BD player. Did you try to uninstall and reinstall it?

Did you contact the tech support?

+Quote Post
wither
post Nov 3 2012, 04:32 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,132,427

In addition, there are a few other examples of people getting that error message in the blu-ray player. There was an update to the blu-ray player but I don't think it fixed it for some people. Sorry that I don't have time to look for the threads right now. They should be pretty obvious.

As Mister_M suggested, contact tech support.

Mister_M, wasn't there some issue in which a person needed one of the latest blu-ray players to play some discs because of the protection issue? Seems you or one of the other guys mentioned it.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic