Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> convert PAL DVD's to NTSC
alokeprasad
post Oct 27 2012, 07:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,253,594

How do I convert come PAL DVD's to NTSC? Is possible to do this and keep the sub-titles?

I see posts describing how to use Nero Vision, but Nero 12 does not include Nero Vision. Is that replaced by Nero Video?

Anyway, whats the easiest way to convert such DVD's?

Thanks.
Aloke

This post has been edited by alokeprasad: Oct 27 2012, 07:59 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adrianob2
post Oct 27 2012, 11:29 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,151,484

Hi aloke,

You can do that with Nero Recode, and you can with Nero Video too (the name of Vision starting from V11).

Using Recode you can keep the subtitles and the menus, and select the audio tracks to use in output, if you wish to maintain only some.

In Video instead, you can edit your Titles, cut the scenes that you don't want, add your own menu, BUT you can't have subtitles, and you have only one audio track.

Keep in mind that YOU CAN'T import or Recode protected DVD

Get a free trial from Nero site and test it.

Regards
Adriano

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 28 2012, 03:18 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Be aware that, if the video is mpeg-4, .m2ts or .mts, you won't be able to work with it in the trial version of Nero.

+Quote Post
alokeprasad
post Oct 29 2012, 12:57 AM
Post #4

I have the purchased version of Nero 12 Platinum.

Could you give me the steps to use in Recode? I want to copy everything as is (except PAL -> NTSC).
I don't even want to rip anything to my hard drive, if not necessary. I have a DVD reader and a DVD burner.

The discs are not copy protected.

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 29 2012, 03:33 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

I'll do a quick and dirty tonight. You or adrianob2 to correct me if I screw it up.

I don't think you can do a simple disc copy and change from PAL to NTSC. I really don't see the necessity.

I think what you have to do is open Nero Video, DVD, DVD-Video. Select Import, Import Disc and import your disc. Select More. Then select Recording Format Options, DVD-Video. Change it to NTSC. Continue on and burn to disc.

+Quote Post
alokeprasad
post Oct 29 2012, 09:21 PM
Post #6

Your steps seem to be working, but the disk I create in Nero Video will have my own menu structure.

Ideally, I would like to copy menus, subtitles etc also, just converting the format from PAL to NTSC.

What steps in Recode will let me do that?

+Quote Post
adrianob2
post Oct 30 2012, 12:52 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,151,484

I must apologize: wither is right when says that Recoding from DVD to DVD is only a Copy, without recoding.
You have just an output format (DVD) for unit: "DVD player" and you can't modify it (I didn't know that!). And if you create a custom format for this unit, you'll have as output just video files and not a DVD.

So it seems that you can't keep the menus and subtitles if you change from Pal to NTSC using Recode and maybe it's impossible, because this are on different files and changing video track we do loose the syncronization with others.

I'll chek A.S.A.P. with T.S., but I think that is it.

But now a question: why did you need to change from Pal?

Adriano

+Quote Post
alokeprasad
post Oct 30 2012, 01:08 AM
Post #8

I brought a bunch of PAL DVD's from south asia and neither my PS3 nor my Samsung BD player will play PAL DVD's.

This post has been edited by alokeprasad: Oct 30 2012, 03:11 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 30 2012, 03:53 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

You might be able to play the DVD's on your BD player if you can change the region. You have to be careful with that because I think there's a limited number of times (typically 5) that you can change the region and the last one is permanent.

Elsewise, we'll have to go with what adrianob2 finds out from tech support, which may mean you'll have to create your own menus.

+Quote Post
alokeprasad
post Oct 30 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #10

My PS3 loads the disk but gives me the error message that it cannot play PAL disks.
MY BD player is unable to load the disk and keeps spinning it up and trying. I don't want to mess around with region codes.

Converting the disks gives me a justification for buying Nero12 !! :-)

+Quote Post

Closed Topic