Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero Vision 12 will not work
Edward222
post Oct 24 2012, 03:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,750,737

I have been trying to get help from Nero Tech for over a month. I had Nero 9 and 10 which worked great, I then upgraded to Nero 12 Platanum. But it would not install. Each time I tried to contact Nero through Chatt all they did was send me an email asking for the same information, but then they would not reply to meor help me fix it. Finally I had to uninstall Nero 9 and 10 and was able to install Nero 12 platinum. Everything worked good one time, but then Nero Vision gave an ERROR: "Unable to load imaging subsystem. Make sure the program is installed properly" I tried to get help again, but someone sent me an email telling me to do an update, which I did, but it did not work. Then someone else told me to just reinstall Nero 10 again. I did but it now will not work either. I can not seem to get any help or even someone to listen to me. I refuse to pay to call the tech line. I have purchased Nero for many years so I deserve some help.

I noticed on another entry from someone named emailcjk, he made an entry on Feb 14, 2012 with the same exact problem when installing Nero 11 Platinum. I tried to message him but the fourm would not let me. Is there anyone who could message him and find out if he ever found an answer to this problem.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 24 2012, 03:16 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features. Find Microsoft .net framework 4 client. Click on it. Select the Repair option. Let it go for a minute and then reboot. Does that help.

When did you send an e-mail to tech support? Did you receive an automated response?

+Quote Post
TailorSmurfNY
post Oct 25 2012, 01:56 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 9,102,737

Hi Edward222,

As you said you have emailed us for over a month, so you should get our replies. Did you send the email to techsupport@nero.com?

Since we do not know your email address, so please kindly send us a new email with your problem again, then we will reply you with the proper solution.

You can also contact us at the Online Chat first.

Best Regards,

TailorSmurfNY

+Quote Post
Edward222
post Oct 25 2012, 04:04 AM
Post #4

I have replied to Nero emails many, many times and all they do is ask me to provide the same information. I have tried Chat about 30 times, including again tonight. I have sent emails to us-customerservice@nero.com about 20 times. I know the issue has come up with many different versions of Nero vision, I saw it on theses fourms. I do not want a refund for Nero 12 Platinum, what I want is someone to help me fix the problem.

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 25 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

If you go to the chat in the evening, more than likely you will get the California chatline. They do not answer technical questions. Usually they just give you a form for contacting the German chatline, which does answer technical questions. The latter is on GMT Berlin so, if you're on EST, they're about 6 hours ahead.

As TailorSmurfNY asked, have you sent any e-mails to techsupport@nero.com?

Did you try repairing .net framework.

+Quote Post
Edward222
post Oct 25 2012, 08:12 PM
Post #6

Yes, I tried everything and then some. I finally got an email today from Nero Tech that admits a problem with nero Vision 12. They knew there has been this issue for years and had a fix only for Nero Vision 9. They did not give me any hope of ever getting an answer. They offered a refund just for Nero Vision 12 but I don't want one, I was hoping that one day they will find a solution. But I am not even sure they are working on one. I just hope to somehow get back my Nero Vision 10 again. Now that Nero Vision 12 has this error when I reinstalled ver 10 it also now has this error.

Does anyone know of a better program for working/making videos. One that actually works.

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 26 2012, 03:26 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

after you run NV and get the error, go to Control Panel, Administrative tools, Event Viewer. If it shows the failure, click on details. Take a screen shot and post it here using the Browse and Upload feature of the forum.

Are you using an ASUS system?

About the only time I've seen this message is for burning failures.

+Quote Post
Edward222
post Oct 26 2012, 02:18 PM
Post #8

I just got another email from the Nero Tech department. basically they know about the flaw with Nero Vision 12 but do not plan on finding a solution. The only solution they offer me is to reformat my hard drive and try it again. This does not sound like a solution to me. I told them I did not want a refund, I was willing to wait for them to find a solution, especially since they have know of this problem since Nero 9. Be careful in purchasing this new Nero 12 Platanum. This is a copy of their email back to me.
Dear Mr. McIntire,

thank you for your e-mails.

Sadly we have to inform you that despite extensive analysis we cannot offer a solution to your problem with Nero Video.
The problem is know, but I cannot say that most people report this special issue.

There is one last option available, with the drawback of being very time consuming; this would be reinstalling your operation system.
Should you regard this as a possibility enabling you to use Nero, we would like to recommend this procedure.
We are very well aware of the amount of work you would have to put into this.

After reinstalling your operating system and reinstalling your Nero 12 Platinum/Nero Multimedia Suite 10 version, the problem could be solved.

I am very sorry, but I cannot offer you any other solution!

Have a nice weekend, Mr. McIntire!

Kindest Regards

Simone Greiner
Customer Relation

Nero Development and Services GmbH
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany
Fax : +49 (0)7248 928 499

+Quote Post
Edward222
post Oct 26 2012, 02:23 PM
Post #9

I will try some of the solutions you guys have offered here.

+Quote Post
againploughman
post Oct 26 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,524,306

QUOTE (wither @ Oct 25 2012, 02:55 PM) *
If you go to the chat in the evening, more than likely you will get the California chatline. They do not answer technical questions. Usually they just give you a form for contacting the German chatline, which does answer technical questions. The latter is on GMT Berlin so, if you're on EST, they're about 6 hours ahead.

As TailorSmurfNY asked, have you sent any e-mails to techsupport@nero.com?

Did you try repairing .net framework.

I find your comment about the CHAT Line facility a bit confusing.

First of all I would like to clarify the TIME situation in Germany ( The Forum), they are on European Central Time (ECT), this is usually one hour ahead of GMT or BST ( British Summer Time, which is GMT+1).

The Website states that it is available Mo-Fr 8am - 4pm (GMT). So they are available any time between 5 to 8 hour earlier in the USA, This being in NY 0300-1100 or 0000 to 0800 Hrs in LA based on GMT.

I recently received a transcript of a Chat I had recently. You may note that the email is times 1306, but the start and finish times are some 8 hour earlier, placing the respondent in the US possibly LA, see attached
Attached Image

Of course we can not take the information being supplied to USERS as GOSPEL

This post has been edited by againploughman: Oct 26 2012, 04:37 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 27 2012, 01:15 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

right now it is 8:13 EST and it's 2:13 in Berlin. That's 6 hours, as I stated. So I don't know why it is necessary to confuse the issue.

+Quote Post
againploughman
post Oct 29 2012, 08:37 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (wither @ Oct 27 2012, 01:15 AM) *
right now it is 8:13 EST and it's 2:13 in Berlin. That's 6 hours, as I stated. So I don't know why it is necessary to confuse the issue.

I do not know how I am confusing the situation. You state it is 8:13 EST, 2:13 in Berlin (FORUM) time but the post shows 1:15?

At present it is 7:35 (GMT) and this entry should show 8:35+, that is CET, Central European time.

Anyway you missed the point of my image, I contacted the Chat line during the web-page quoted display time, but the transcript of the CHAT shows, what I believe is some US time. Implying that the CHAT line is done from the US not from Germany.

Still who am I to question such a knowledgeable person.

This post has been edited by againploughman: Oct 29 2012, 08:45 AM

+Quote Post
ArmandLiberi
post Oct 29 2012, 06:02 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,367,416

It is now Monday, October 29, 2012 just after 13:00 EDT, 17:00 GMT, .... :)

+Quote Post
againploughman
post Oct 30 2012, 03:38 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ArmandLiberi @ Oct 29 2012, 06:02 PM) *
It is now Monday, October 29, 2012 just after 13:00 EDT, 17:00 GMT, .... :)

It seems that it is only the Americans who do not know where they are or whether it is Standard Time or Summer Time

Could I suggest that you view http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbrevi...nes/na/edt.html. This give the various time zones worldwide for Standard Time and Daylight Saving Time (which some consider Summer Time). It has reference to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) which seems to coincide with GMT.

Or you could view http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/ which give a nicely laidouit display, again with reference to UTC/GMT. This display has a number of worldwide cities, red-dots, which when selected give their local time, whether it be Standard Time or Summer Time.

I hope this does not confuse the USERS, it may help some to find where the FORUM is supposed to reside.

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post Oct 30 2012, 09:18 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,905,902

QUOTE (Edward222 @ Oct 26 2012, 02:23 PM) *
I will try some of the solutions you guys have offered here.
Any new evidence in this case?

+Quote Post
ArmandLiberi
post Oct 30 2012, 03:09 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

I have to agree with hg-dude! What's happened to Edward222's issue?

againploughman:

I've left you a little note in the Off Topic forum.

Edward222:

FYI (expectations):

January 31, 2012: I reported issues with Nero Recode.

March 20, 2012: Tech Support says, "This brings me to the same pint as we were before. It seems that it is a System issue and you shold consider to reinstall your Windows System completely new." (I absolutely would not do that!)

March 29, 2012: Tech Support says, "I have already forwarded all information [to the developers] you provided to use but unfortunately it will take a little bit to test the cases and search for possbible reason if it crashes.

September 30, 2012: I purchased Nero 12 Platinum and subsequently found that I was able to successfully recode the same DVDs and DVD Structures that had previously failed to encode randomly with Nero 11 Recode. I spent an enormous amount of hours attempting to find a repeatable failure which I finally did. More hours providing extensive information to Tech Support. Then, there were the hours dealing with Customer Service (?). Etc. Then, after installing Nero 12, I did extensive testing to confirm that the problems existed with Recode 11 but not with Recode 12. Have I received a "Thank you"? Have I been re-imbursed for my time? Did I get the Nero 12 upgrade for free?

This post has been edited by ArmandLiberi: Oct 30 2012, 05:19 PM

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post Oct 30 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Armand, if you would join the MWP program, you get the SW for free as Beta-Tester. But now you're obliged with corresponding requirements Nero. The question is whether do you so want to integrate. I don't want it.

When I look in MyNero, I see currently only one report of a MWP which will bear some useful, but only general information on the Nero 12 upgrade and no opinion on the parallel installation theme e.g. Another MWP thanks with exuberant advertisement for Nero 12.

That's already. The only opinion, which critically regards the pitfalls in the installation of Nero 12 (incl. KM), comes from me (see here) from the experience with a trial installation. But the period (15 days, far too little for a serious test) has expired and I have neither an interest, to extend the period nor to upgrade. Nero 10 is enough to me, and a new version is no longer coming on my system, as long as even the smallest functionality of KM or KM itself seuck therein.

That you found after all a dissolved problem with recode, gives you a certain satisfaction. It profiteth me nothing, because I rarely use recode. However, problems that have existed since Nero 10 in NeroVision are still not resolved although they were treated in the Forum several times. I must therefore continue to work with workarounds. There I at least know that they work.

I groin support in the Forum since about 3 years here in the Forum, in the average 3 hours a day (even over the weekend). That only because I have fun to work on my previous profession. From Nero I expect no thanks, rather from the users whom I could help. But even that's rare. And also still unprofessional posts by TS staff me disturb my work. At some point, I will have enough and will me dedicate my more interesting hobbies.

+Quote Post
ArmandLiberi
post Oct 31 2012, 09:53 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

hg-dude:

In my own bizarre way, I was merely trying to illustrate my own difficulties with Tech Support (?), and indicate to Edward222 that he should not expect much if my experience is any indicator. I certainly have no desire to be a beta tester for Nero under any circumstances. This company can't take criticism, no matter how much deserved or how well intended!

As for the high praise for Nero in MyNero from an MVP, just look at what they've done at Amazon! It's outrageous.

But, back to Edward222, who has an issue getting lost in all of this. That issue has apparently been around for years. This post is concluded with a partial list beginning with a Nero 9 instance where the problem was apparently fixed. That one is followed by several that were not fixed! And, they tell Edward222 "to reformat my hard drive and try it again," WOW!!! I wasn't told to go that far - just to re-install Widows XP without citing a single reason. I knew better than that.

Armand

[Solved] Error with Nero Vision "Unable to load imaging subsystem"

Aug 4 2009, 07:54 PM

http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=12022

Nero 11 Platinum Unable To Load Imaging Subsystem

Feb 14 2012, 08:14 PM

http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=73007

Not resolved?

Nero Vision will not load

Nov 10 2011, 01:36 AM

http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=57174

Not resolved?

unable to load imaging subsystem ...

Jun 1 2011, 06:15 PM

http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=48880

Hotix didn't work. Not resolved?

Unable to load imaging subsystem

Dec 22 2010, 12:29 PM

http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=38510

Hotfix didn't work. Not resolved?

Unable to load imaging subsystem

Jan 25 2010, 09:03 AM

http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=20076

Hotfix didn't work. Not resolved?

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post Nov 1 2012, 03:14 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Yes, it is simply so. But the causes for the chaos now are already far back, namely in Nero 7, where for the first time a patent activation was required. Up to and including Nero 9 served a large part of the updates of the improvement and optimization of the activation process.

Then came with Nero 10 the integration of KM and at the same time optimise the protection detection . Both is probably related. For most users, KM appeared something like the fist on's eye, it fit at all not to the Nero-environment. But with Nero 11, Nero has aligned then the user guidance completely on KM. From the ease of use of a StartSmart not much was left, on the contrary, it has become inefficient.

It seems, that KM is something like a supervisor set out, dedicated to monitor the environment. Clearly, you can suppress the installation of KM. Then the library management is no longer available, but other components of KM (MediaBrowser) are still active, possibly by the user silently in the background.

Then Nero has afforded the probably unique "joke"in the SW world, the possibility of parallel installations to earlier versions, rather than to provide a system-technically correct upgrade procedure (I have said often enough what is meant by including). A large part of the burden of troubleshooting with a whole series of updates comes from this fact.Probably, Nero has now tried with version 12 to create a better situation for future updates/upgrades. If the were so then they should disclose shows that users to move to an upgrade, i.e. of the need to convince, and facilitate this changeover through special offers. That may cost something also quietly if this will ensure that such problem sources, such as parallel installations are eliminated. Whether will be so, but still stands in the stars. Therefore remains the principle, - updates/upgrades only if they are absolutely necessary (you should check beforehand exactly). You should never unnecessarily wake up sleeping dogs.

Currently it seems, that one with a functioning Nero 10/Platinum environment, and probably, with a parallel installation of Nero 8 or 9, is still best served. There are enough alternatives available for that which is offered in Nero 12.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic