Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Can't install or remove Neo 12
bosteff
post Oct 11 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,477,721

I send this the first time through e-mail the 29 september.

Can't install or remove Neo 12

I had Nereo 11 Platinium and Nero_MediaHome-4.5.8.0b_update installed. After instalation of Nero 12 I removed Nero 11 and Media Home (without trying out Nero 12 first). I started Nero Blue-ray player which claimed that an upgrade was nessesary "Run Nero Control Center" to upgrade it said. Running Nero Control Center was impossible because this program claimd, tanslated, "There was a serius fault running the program". Okay back to business, uninstall everything and start over. But unfortunately this is not possible because "another program is being installed". I removed mually all 632 entries in windows registry rebooted, but now it was Install Shield claiming that an error ocured and stopped install. I have tried to download a trial version but the result is the same.

So Meine Damen und Herren - what to do??????

It is not acceptable compromising a 3 party computer where the only purpose is NOT to compromise one self no matter the purpose is to protect ones own software.

With this said - I have been with You all the way from the start and have seen Your efforts to protect Your software more and more and at the same time made it more and more dificult for the legimitate user to upgade Your product.

We are usin YUOR product on a regular basis and therefore depends OUR business on "YOUR" software so please find a solution very soon. And we have tried NeroCleanTool5.0.0.18.exe and we have tried the recovery tool and manually remove registation information tvice.
Please do something FAST.....
Your sincerily
Bo Steffensen (:

This post has been edited by bosteff: Oct 12 2012, 11:49 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 11 2012, 03:45 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Please delete your support.cab file from your post. It may contain things that others could use.

Did you search on kwikmedia in the Keys of the registry and delete those entries? You don't have to remove it from data and values.

+Quote Post
bosteff
post Oct 11 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,477,721

How do I delete the attachment?

And - - no I did not search for kwikmedia. Have done so now so I try again.
Sorry didn't work either.

This post has been edited by bosteff: Oct 11 2012, 04:58 PM

+Quote Post
TailorSmurfNY
post Oct 12 2012, 03:10 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 9,102,737

Hi bosteff,

You should be able to delete the attached cab file by "Edit" your previous post.

For your Nero problem, please kindly send your problem details and the cab file to our techsupport account:

techsupport@nero.com, then we will analysis for you. If you have sent us emails, we will reply you as soon.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience!

Best Regards,

TailorSmurfNY

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post Oct 12 2012, 12:06 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,905,902

Sorry, almost I am tempted to say, blame themselves. Of course, I don't do so. Debt is Nero, which (once more) are not able to provide a proper upgrade procedure. But at the latest, since the upgrade/update disaster with Nero 11, every user should know that he should be careful with installations of new versions and that he must meet precautionary measures, as e.g. backup of the complete system resp., as upgrades since are parallel installations since Nero 10, at least a backup of the existing Nero environment.

But how will a user know that the just started installing is a parallel installation? Quite simply, he should immediately after the start receive an alert such as "On your system an older version of the software was discovered. Should it be replaced by the new version?", as for example in Windows SW is common. Regardless of whether it is Nero's or other SW, if this message does not appear, so you should immediately cancel the installation and first consider the way ahead.

A parallel installation is a nonsense in any case. Because both environments have the same basic structure and they even still mutually use (double funktionality, e.g. 2 BackItUps, 2 KMs etc.), conflicts are inevitable. These problems can not be rectified by a complete (uninstall of the SW and cleanup!) removal of the new version because with cleanup also components of the old environment are removed resp. hidden components of the new version remain.

After my recent experience with attempting an upgrade of Nero 10 onto Nero 12, whose proper installation is only possible if previously the old Nero environment(s) and all remnants of Nero applications were completely removed from the system. Thats the FACIT from my extensive tests. Uninstalling of the old software alone is definitely not enough. If you would like to keep the old version available, a better solution would be to install Nero 12 on another system like I have done. If there you get difficulties with registration you should contact Nero and demand an approval for this system. They are fully responsible for these problems which the users have and not the users.

For you it means now, that you should completely remove first both versions from your system before installing Nero 12. But I think, that your system is already so badly damaged by the repair actions already happened before, that only a reinstall of the OS would create the clean starting position for the installation of Nero 12.

This post has been edited by hg-dude: Oct 12 2012, 12:09 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Oct 12 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Please note that the Nero general clean tool only works for version 9 and earlier.

The only only thing in the registry that gave me installation problems a long time ago is the "high definition player" which is in either the data or keys. One has to be careful deleting this because I think Windows also has something related.

I think you should follow TailorSmurf's advice.

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post Oct 12 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,905,902

Yes, you should urgently contact the TS because it's not only your problem but of common interest. From the experience with Nero 11 it seems that with Nero 12 the same or similar problems are to expect.

In any case, I will provisionally not upgrade my Nero10 environment because Nero 12 does not fulfill the requirements of my duty list, because since in Nero 10 existing defects e.g. were not corrected. More about that coming soon in a blog on MyNero.

+Quote Post
ArmandLiberi
post Oct 12 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,367,416

bosteff:

When you said in your initial post, "I send this the first time through e-mail the 29 september.", did you mean that you have contacted Tech Support? If so, did you receive an acknowledgement of your email?

+Quote Post

Closed Topic