IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Will Nero 9 convert & burn FLV to DVD_watch on TV?
Blutoe
post Sep 16 2012, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,897,152

Will Nero 9 burn Youtube / other sites downloaded .flv files directly to DVD in one step (to watch on TV from DVD player), or must the .flv files be converted to another format, then burned?

And, as usual - must apologize if this question has been asked /answered. Forums search sucks. I entered convert .flv to DVD & similar search terms. Told me it ignored 3 letter words. Really? On a forum for various formats to DVD converting / burning software? How could you find topics that probably > 50% of topics deal with?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adrianob2
post Sep 17 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,151,484

If I am right, Burning Rom can recode only audio files.

Which programs of Nero suite do you have?
If you have the full suite, then you can - Recode FLV files to Mpeg2 or Mp4 types, depending on your DVD player characteristics.
I'm not sure that you can burn the output to DVD in the same step, and I don't have Nero9 on my Pc now so I can't check it for you.

Let me know if this is the answer that you need?

Adriano

+Quote Post
wither
post Sep 17 2012, 03:22 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

It's not exactly a one step process but you can use Nero Vision. Select Make DVD, DVD-Video. Import your file. Just keep selecting next until you get to the burn screen and burn.

If you use Burning Rom to burn a DVD-Video, the original video has to be in the DVD-Video structure (Video_TS, etc.) in order for the resulting disc to be playable on most standalone players. If it's not in the DVD-Video structure, all you get is a data disc and they are not playable on all standalone players. That's why I suggest using Nero Vision.

+Quote Post
Blutoe
post Sep 17 2012, 05:09 AM
Post #4

adrianob2 - I have the full suite. Perhaps you're thinking of a different Recode version (or I'm completely missing it) but I see no options in Recode's UI or mention in Help to convert an flv, avi, etc. to DVD-video.
Everything on menus is about importing from DVD, or if selecting from HDD, it doesn't recognize a wmv, mpg, etc. Seems to only want files that are already in DVD-video - possibly recoding them to Nero mp4. It may be one of Nero's secret, undocumented processes.

Wither - I'll admit the Help file is a little thin on using Vision to convert from one format to another. In fact, I don't think those terms are used.
But, I did run thru it - taking small .wmv file. It created an output folder on HDD w/ several files
Video_TS.bup
Video_TS.ifo
VTS_01_0.ifo
VTS_01_1.vob

Would these files (folder), if selected in Burning ROM, burn a disk in DVD-video format?
Nero never was strong on help file, though they do have some individual "tutorials" for d/l. Didn't look for one on this. Figured it'd be straight forward. Probably is "once you know how & don't need a manual."

BTW, does anyone ever get email notification of replies to topics on this forum?

Thanks.

+Quote Post
wither
post Sep 17 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

This forum doesn't have e-mail notification.

Yes, Burning Rom will now burn those files since that's the DVD-Video structure I was referring to. You could have just burned the project to disc in NV, instead of burning to your hard drive.

You can use Recode DVD's and Videos to Nero Digital in Burning Rom (v9) to recode videos.

+Quote Post
Blutoe
post Sep 17 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #6

Thanks. I was talking about a stand alone DVD player - for entertainment center, not a computer DVD burner. It will only play DVD-video format, AFAIK. I'm not sure if that's the ONLY designation (DVD-Video) that's used, or if another format (like mpg2) means the same thing (just an example). I understood DVD-Video format was - just - DVD-Video - & not called by any other name.
You can use Recode DVD's and Videos to Nero Digital in Burning Rom (v9) to recode videos.

Not sure if I understand that - do you mean "can user "Recode DVD's and Videos" to - "Nero Digital" (mp4 - ONLY?) - in Burning Rom (v9)?

That would work if my stand alone, "hooked up to my TV" - DVD player handled mp4 files.

I'll have to try one using N. Vision to see how it works. Though haven't tried it & no nothing about it's options, the Firefox addon, Video DownLoadHelper uses the popular command line, FFmpeg video convertor w/ a GUI front end, that instructions SAY will d/l vids & convert in one step. No idea about the quality settings or capability, but there are at least 6 or more front ends for FFmpeg, that offer varyious options. Don't know if Vid. DLH uses one of the better known FFmpeg front ends, or their own version.

No email notification? Hmmm. Not sure what they're referring to in "My Profile:"
My Nero can tell you what's happening. Simply activate notifications to get an e-mail whenever
your buddies write a blog entry,
publish pictures or videos
or leave a comment.

+Quote Post
adrianob2
post Sep 17 2012, 11:12 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,151,484

The e-mail notifications are relating to blogs, and not to the Forum posts.
Then if one of your buddies:
- write a blog entry,
- publish pictures or videos
- or leave a comment (to some entry published by you)
you will have a mail notification.

The format of videos in DVD-video video structure, is always MPEG2. Of this kind are all xxx.VOB files that you will have.
If your DVD player can handle MP4 files, then it handles Data DVD. You can try to burn a data DVD with a Mp4 Clip that you already have in your HD and put it into the player. Please note that some players have problems using DVD+-RW.

I'm not a very Video-skilled man, but I think that if you wish a player for MP4, then you need a BD player. Take a look to This Post .

Regards
Adriano

+Quote Post

Closed Topic