IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> How to finalize a data CD after burning one session without finalizing?
grahamsh
post Aug 20 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,098,887

I burned some MP3 files to a data CD to listen to in the car. The car CD player needs the disc Finalized.

Normally I always have Finalize Disc X'ed, but on this occaision it was not so the session was burnt without finalizing.

I want to finalize the disc without creating a new session.

How can I do it?

If I have an empty burn window it will not burn. If I have some files there and remove the x from burn and just leave the x for finalize nothing happens when I press OK to start the finalizing.

In Nero Video there is a small Disc Tools menu with a Finalize Disc option, but it says invalid disc format or something since it is expecting a DVD. Why isn't there a Disc Tools menu in Nero Burning Rom? Or at least a menu entry under Recorder or Extras? Or is there?

Graham

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Aug 20 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,132,427

The only thing I can suggest is to use Copy CD and make sure the finalize option is checkmarked.

+Quote Post
GreedySmurfTJ
post Aug 23 2012, 06:02 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 9,105,026

Hi grahamsh,

You may try to put the CD in your DVD Recorder, then open your Nero burning ROM ,select the "continue Multisession Disc" under the the tab Multisession, Then select the "Finalise Disc"(No further writing possible), And click New button. And finally click the Burn button. The disc should be finalised after the burning.

But please note that most Car player can only playback Audio CD. But according to your description, you have made a data disc .This could also be the cause of your problem as the car player does not support the data CD. Only use the data CD when you are sure that your car player supports the mp3 files wma files etc.

To make Audio CD, you can use Nero Express and Nero burning ROM , the disc will be finalised itself.

Best regarards,
GreedySmurfTJ

+Quote Post

Closed Topic