Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Boot Loop
Jerry419
post Dec 5 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,400,368

I downloaded the Trial Version of LiquidTV. I purchased the LiquidTV package from Nero. I uninstalled LiquidTV. I installed the LiquidTV hardware. I attempted to install the LiquidTV software from the CD that came with the package, and it keeps giving me a message "Before you can start to install Nero LiquidTV a system reboot is required. Please close all programs and restart the system before starting the installation again." I rebooted. Began the re-install and got the same message again. I rebooted, again, and installed the LiquidTV installation program from the Nero Website. Same problem. I turned off the firewall and got the same error, again. I went into MSCONFIG, and disabled everything except Windows Install. I attempted to install again and got the same error message, again.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get this puppy installed?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
figaro56
post Dec 6 2008, 07:41 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,400,688

My suggestion is to wait until they come out with the next release of the product. At that time download the lastest update to this product and install that. By that time they should have all the bug worked out. I'm seeing that Nero is now dumping products on the market that are not adaquetly tested and they are not providing support.

Good luck!

+Quote Post
ManWithMoreAnswe...
post Dec 15 2008, 03:26 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,403,213

Hi Jerry,

please contact the Nero Customer Support to get the LiquidTV Clean Tool. This should solve you problem.

Best regards

+Quote Post
miamiero
post Jan 5 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,410,159

QUOTE (Jerry419 @ Dec 5 2008, 12:25 PM) *
I downloaded the Trial Version of LiquidTV. I purchased the LiquidTV package from Nero. I uninstalled LiquidTV. I installed the LiquidTV hardware. I attempted to install the LiquidTV software from the CD that came with the package, and it keeps giving me a message "Before you can start to install Nero LiquidTV a system reboot is required. Please close all programs and restart the system before starting the installation again." I rebooted. Began the re-install and got the same message again. I rebooted, again, and installed the LiquidTV installation program from the Nero Website. Same problem. I turned off the firewall and got the same error, again. I went into MSCONFIG, and disabled everything except Windows Install. I attempted to install again and got the same error message, again.

Have u tryed to do a system recovery before you intalled the trial ver of nero Liquid, or you can search thru the registry for any thing that has to do with nero and erase it, make a backup 1st. Another thing you cound get a registry cleaner and let it do its work the ones I have are from Systweak and the one i use everyday from Max Secure sotware, also another good one is Reg Cure but it only runs on 32 bit vers of windows. Good luck as i am too looking ot get nero liquid... :)

+Quote Post
foxmajik
post Mar 16 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,187,267

QUOTE (Jerry419 @ Dec 5 2008, 12:25 PM) *

The installer doesn't tell you what caused the problem but it will tell you to reboot if it's unable to complete the install because of required system components being updated and requiring a reboot.

For example, during the install the Visual C++ runtime is installed which requires a reboot. Then DirectX9 components are installed, which requires a another reboot. Then the database software is installed, which requires yet another reboot.

Also, if you're reading the disc and there's a read error, instead of just trying to read the file again, the installer will error out at the end and require a reboot.

Also, if you specify that you want to store your TV shows on a network drive, the installer will error out and require a reboot.

To the casual user this looks like the install is failing over and over because it doesn't tell you why you have to reboot.

Every time I install the software on a PC I have to restart the installation at least three times.

Copy the contents of the CD to a temporary folder and keep running the installer with all the default options until it stops telling you to reboot.

Hopefully there will be a more useful installer in a future release.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic