Start new topic
> Nero 11 Installation Interruption
Cylac
post Jul 29 2012, 10:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,068,640

Hi,

I had to re-install my Win7 Pro 64-BIT OS. I'm now trying to re-install Nero 11 Platinum Download version and I keep on getting this error message:

"The wizard was interrupted before Nero 11 could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again."

Well, I've searched for this issue and some people suggest turning off my virus scanner, no change. Some suggest running msconfig and turning off all non-microsoft services, no change.
I am unable to install this software no matter what I try!

Please help!

Thanks
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 30 2012, 03:18 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

There is no v11 Platinum file for download unless a link is given to you by tech support.

Given that, you should download the v11 trial version and run it. Try right clicking on the .exe file and selecting "run as administrator". However, not only disable anti-virus but all of its security features before running the .exe file. Which anti-virus are you using?

+Quote Post
TailorSmurfNY
post Jul 30 2012, 06:21 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 9,102,737

Hi Cylac,

wither is right, also such installation error can be caused by different causes.

For your problem, if it still persists, please send us your prolem to techsupport@nero.com,

Then we will analysis for you.

Best Regards,

TailorSmurfNY

+Quote Post
Cylac
post Jul 31 2012, 07:04 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (wither @ Jul 30 2012, 03:18 AM) *
There is no v11 Platinum file for download unless a link is given to you by tech support.

Given that, you should download the v11 trial version and run it. Try right clicking on the .exe file and selecting "run as administrator". However, not only disable anti-virus but all of its security features before running the .exe file. Which anti-virus are you using?

That is very odd.. since the EXE I downloaded when I purchased a digital download copy was this file:

Nero_PlatinumHD-11.0.15202.exe 1,038,498 KB

I did try downloading the trial version and I'm getting the same error.
I will try disabling everything I can find and let you all know. I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials as my anti-virus.

Thanks for the replies!

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 31 2012, 03:34 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

I guess you bought v11 at AskNet.

did you try "running as administrator".

Try this-

run msconfig.exe.

In the Services tab, checkmark the box "hide all Microsoft...", then checkmark the box to "disable all....". In the Startup tab, checkmark the box to "disable all..". Reboot and try the installation.

Whether or not it works, run msconfig.exe and uncheck all those boxes as soon as possible and reboot.

+Quote Post
HarmonySmurfJF
post Aug 3 2012, 01:56 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,102,810

Hi Cylac,

Such installation problem is generally caused by the remaining entries in your installer folder.

Please do as follows:

1.Open the Installer folder by inserting the address “%systemroot%\Installer” (without the quotes) into the address field of Windows Explorer

2.Right click on one of the columns like Name within the Windows Explorer and select “More”.

- in the window “More” make the columns “Authors” and “Subject” visible

- search for author “Nero AG” and subject with the name of the product that you want to uninstall

- select the Nero file one by one and uninstall via context menu or uninstall button in menu bar After you manually uninstalled the applications, run again the Nero 11 installer.

The error you got may have several causes, and the above is the first consideration, please have a try. If it still does not work, please kindly contact our technical support department--techsupport@nero.com .

Best regards,
HarmonySmurfJF

+Quote Post
Cylac
post Aug 6 2012, 10:59 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (HarmonySmurfJF @ Aug 3 2012, 01:56 AM) *
Hi Cylac,

Such installation problem is generally caused by the remaining entries in your installer folder.

Please do as follows:

1.Open the Installer folder by inserting the address “%systemroot%\Installer” (without the quotes) into the address field of Windows Explorer

2.Right click on one of the columns like Name within the Windows Explorer and select “More”.

- in the window “More” make the columns “Authors” and “Subject” visible

- search for author “Nero AG” and subject with the name of the product that you want to uninstall

- select the Nero file one by one and uninstall via context menu or uninstall button in menu bar After you manually uninstalled the applications, run again the Nero 11 installer.

The error you got may have several causes, and the above is the first consideration, please have a try. If it still does not work, please kindly contact our technical support department--techsupport@nero.com .

Best regards,
HarmonySmurfJF

I've tried disabling ALL the services/startups in msconfig and same error message.
I tried uninstalling using the method suggested by HarmonySmurfJF and all I see is "Nero AG - Nero Backup Drivers"
After uninstalling and trying to re-install (while always trying to install as Admin" I keep on getting the same error message.

I'm really confused as to why this isn't working!!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
TailorSmurfNY
post Aug 7 2012, 02:48 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,102,737

Hi Cylac,

Have you sent your problem to our technical support with emails? In your case, there can be different causes, so we do need to analysis for you.

Please kindly send us your issue to techsupport@nero.com, then our expert will help you.

Best Regards,

TailorSmurfNY

+Quote Post
wither
post Aug 7 2012, 02:48 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Personally, I think your best bet is to send an e-mail to tech support. Go to Nero.com, Support, Nero v11, Tools and Utilities and download the "get support files" utility. run it. It will create a Nerosupportfiles.cab on your desktop. Attach the .cab file to your e-mail.

You can probably find Nero files all over your computer. For instance- C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Local\Temp will contain lots of Nero files including installer files. You'll probably find the shellmgr.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Nero. You could go into the Hkey_Current_User\Software in the Registry and delete Nero. The list goes on.

+Quote Post
Cylac
post Aug 7 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (TailorSmurfNY @ Aug 7 2012, 02:48 AM) *
Hi Cylac,

Have you sent your problem to our technical support with emails? In your case, there can be different causes, so we do need to analysis for you.

Please kindly send us your issue to techsupport@nero.com, then our expert will help you.

Best Regards,

TailorSmurfNY

I have sent an email to your tech support! thanks!

QUOTE (wither @ Aug 7 2012, 02:48 AM) *
Personally, I think your best bet is to send an e-mail to tech support. Go to Nero.com, Support, Nero v11, Tools and Utilities and download the "get support files" utility. run it. It will create a Nerosupportfiles.cab on your desktop. Attach the .cab file to your e-mail.

You can probably find Nero files all over your computer. For instance- C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Local\Temp will contain lots of Nero files including installer files. You'll probably find the shellmgr.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Nero. You could go into the Hkey_Current_User\Software in the Registry and delete Nero. The list goes on.

I'll try running the "get support files" utility and forward the file to techsupport. thanks!

+Quote Post
wither
post Aug 7 2012, 03:07 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Please let us know the resolution.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic