Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> How to import vro video file
Hampee
post Jul 15 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,000,715

Win 7—11Platinum: I have a video which was recorded with a Sony DCR-DVD92 NTSC camcorder. I cannot get to import this file into nero video. I tried nero video—make a movie or slide show---click on import—click on the folder with the file on the D drive----got error message no item mach your search. Open quick media---click on D drive---dvd video screen open----click on play button----the video plays with no problem. Shut down the video and go back and clik on the D drive then rip disc with nero recode---error messge---nero could not import the following files: D:\DVD_RTAV\VR_Managr.IFO. If I go my computer---d drive—I have the folders DCIM and DVD_RTAV---click on dvd_rtav—I get 3 folders—(1)vr_mngr—bup file—32kb---(2)vr_mngr---dvd movie info---32 kb (3)vr_movie.vro----vro file 211744 kb. I have no problem importing the photos from dcim folder into nero video.

Thaks for any help
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TailorSmurfNY
post Jul 16 2012, 03:19 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 9,102,737

Hi Hampee,

Nero Video 11 does not support such .vro or similar video files, this is not a normal video format. Nero Vision supports most normal video files.

If you can convert the .vro file to normal .mp4 or .avi or MPEG files, then you can simply import it into Nero Video and edit.

If you want to use Nero Recode to record a DVD, all the DVD files should be complete, then you should be able to record it.

If you have any further problem, please kindly send you problem to our technical support account: techsupport@nero.com.

Best Regards,

TailorSmurfNY

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 16 2012, 03:47 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

.vro is part of an editable disc. Nero Video doesn't show .vro as supported even though it will create one as a editable DVD. I tried dragging and dropping a .vro from a DVD into NV and it was working but the file was 3.84 Gb and it tied up my system so much I decided to abort it. I believe I was able to import a .vro into v10 Nero Vision because I was editing it a couple of years ago.

Personally, I think you should send an e-mail to tech support and see what they have to say. I'd like to know because I have many VHS tapes that I create editable DVD's from and I want to edit them in Nero.

+Quote Post
Hampee
post Jul 18 2012, 02:53 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,000,715

Thanks for your help. I will send it to twch support and let you their response

+Quote Post

Closed Topic