Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> NERO FREEZES MY COMPUTER - WAITING FOR FIX
Renfronator
post Jul 1 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,941,293

Apparently this problem has been ongoing with NERO. A quick search for the problem finds 197,845 results.

Transcoding Stream Freezes NERO
[link]http://www.ehow.com/info_12229895_transcoding-stream-freezes-nero.html[/link]

NERO Freezing
[link]http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/nero-freezing/159904.html[/link]

Computer Freezes When I Burn a DVD with NERO
[link]http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/735440-computer-freezes-when-i-burn.html[/link]

NERO 11 Video Creator Freezes My Computer
[link]http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=11689[/link]

How to Fix NERO Hangs and Freezes on Your Computer
[link]http://www.ehow.com/how_5747775_fix-nero-hangs-freezes-computer.html[/link]

Although the FIX above does nothing of the sort, lets see if the programmers at NERO can Fix this Problem.
And DO NOT refer me to update drivers for my DVD Burner. There are no drivers ! ! ! They are Plug & Play devices.
This is ONLY a Tactic that a SCAMMER Uses to Avoid the Obvious ! ! !

It is not the Drivers, Or WinXP all Updates are installed. Ran DriveCheck both DVD Burners Pass ALL Tests.

IT IS CLEARLY NERO AND POSSIBLY ITS RELIANCE ON DOT NET MICROSOFT BS.
BTW - I have version 4 installed with all Updates.
Microsoft engineers have problems attempting to make it work correctly. DUH ! ! !

My Attempt to install from CD. FAILED

Downloaded Trial version ...... FAILED your system defaults to v11

Used Link in Email to Download, attempted to install .........FAILED

Install Updates to DOT NET crap ........ FAILED

Attempting to Uninstall DOT NET crap ..... FAILED

Attempt to resolve the MS DOT NET issue.

First I downloaded the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool. When I ran it, it gave me a choice as to which versions of .NET I wanted to clean up. I chose "All Versions of .NET Framework". It ran for about 10 minutes.

Once it was completed, I looked in the Add/Remove Programs, and all versions of .NET were now uninstalled and no longer listed.

I then downloaded the full version of .NET 3.5 SP1 from Microsoft. I ran the program (which took about 15 minutes). When completed, I noticed that it had installed .NET 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5.

I then went back to the Microsoft Updates website and of course I needed numerous .NET updates. But this time after downloading and installing them, my machine reports as 100% complete with no further updates needed.

-----------------------

Then downloaded NERO v10 Trial, Ran until extraction complete, then went to Temp Directory and ran MSI file to instlall NERO v10 using Serial No. on DVD insert.

INSTALLATION FINALLY SUCCESSFUL !

Created DVD with 3 MOV files, Computer FROZE after 21 minutes.
NERO v10 FAILED to Compile Video. Previously sent NeroSupport.cab file a week ago!

STILL WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE. AND WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR A FIX ! ! !

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 2 2012, 02:36 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I can't say we're all waiting for a fix. Myself and most other people don't have the problem.

First, you should have .net framework 4 client profile installed. Then you don't need the others for Nero 10 or 11 (perhaps for other software). V10 and v11 should install 4 automatically.

The first link you provided appears to be for v7 and v8 which doesn't apply. I didn't bother with the rest.

The trial version is always for the latest version which is for 11. It sounds like you bought v10. I have no idea where you found the v10 trial version. It should have been the latest update.

Did you run the check for updates after you installed?

There are drivers for optical drives as well as firmware. Typically, you'll want the latest one from the manufacturer or laptop vendor.

What is your operating system? How much RAM do you have? What is your graphics card?

Would you post the nerovisionlog.txt file. For Vista and Win 7, it will be in this path- C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Roaming\Nero\Nero 10\Nero Vision. Just use the Browse and Upload features of the forum to post the file.

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post Jul 2 2012, 10:38 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,905,902

As Nero 10 is successfully installed (V10.6.106 or higher ?!), patent activation was successful, the QT player is also installed and the there available codec is supported by NV (otherwise you couldn't import MOV files) there are only 2 reasons which are typical for this program freezing

1. Lacking availability of system resources, means, not enough or high fragmented free space for the virtual memory (VM). Check the condition of your HDD space and make a clean-up to get more free space. NV needs in minimum 20 GB or higher depending on the total size of the imported files.
2. Your source material is protected. In this case there will be no way for circumvention.

I have Nero 10.6.106 installed under Vista since 1 year and had never problems with MOV's created by a DV-mastering tool like Adobe Premiere, except this one described under 1.

BTW, this is no case for a fix as the problem is individual specific, depending on the condition of your system.

This post has been edited by hg-dude: Jul 2 2012, 10:39 AM

+Quote Post
Renfronator
post Jul 6 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #4

Sorry, should have posted this info.

CPU and RAM both of which my system exceeds requirements. AMD 2.15Ghz; 2GB Ram; 350 GB Free HD space; ATI
Radeon 7550 with 32 bit HD Graphics; 64 MB DDR Ram & Full Support for DirectX and OpenGL.

Which one of these features does not meet requirements for rendering video?

And Yes I purchased v10, and Tech Support is not answering, wherefore I must post in these forums, and if doesn't work, I guess I just wasted my money. Anyone want to Buy it? $35 and I'll pay for shipping anywhere in US.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 7 2012, 03:19 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Would you review my post and answer the questions you haven't answered and provide the .txt file? Did you check for newer drivers?

Did you receive a automated response when you submitted your e-mail to tech support?

+Quote Post
Renfronator
post Jul 7 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (wither @ Jul 2 2012, 02:36 AM) *
I can't say we're all waiting for a fix. Myself and most other people don't have the problem.

First, you should have .net framework 4 client profile installed. Then you don't need the others for Nero 10 or 11 (perhaps for other software). V10 and v11 should install 4 automatically.

Yes, I have v4 - meant to say that in my post.

The first link you provided appears to be for v7 and v8 which doesn't apply. I didn't bother with the rest.

Just showing the problem goes way back!

The trial version is always for the latest version which is for 11. It sounds like you bought v10. I have no idea where you found the v10 trial version. It should have been the latest update.

As previously mentioned - Yes I bought v10, but NERO advised I download v10 and apply the No. given on the pkg.

Did you run the check for updates after you installed?

Yes!

There are drivers for optical drives as well as firmware. Typically, you'll want the latest one from the manufacturer or laptop vendor.

Firmware yes, no drivers. All updates applied.

What is your operating system? How much RAM do you have? What is your graphics card?

Previously posted above!

Would you post the nerovisionlog.txt file. For Vista and Win 7, it will be in this path- C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Roaming\Nero\Nero 10\Nero Vision. Just use the Browse and Upload features of the forum to post the file.

See attached.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  NeroVisionLog.txt ( 46.44K ) Number of downloads: 152

+Quote Post
Renfronator
post Jul 7 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #7

Here is the rest of the Post (exceeded allowed comments);

Would you review my post and answer the questions you haven't answered and provide the .txt file? Did you check for newer drivers?
See attached

Did you receive a automated response when you submitted your e-mail to tech support?
Yes, 3 the same as follows;
Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for contacting the Nero Support Center. All current Nero versions are available as free downloads on our website. For Nero 11, Nero Video 11, Nero BurningROM 11, Nero BackItUp 11,Nero MediaHome 4 and Nero Linux 4 please follow this link: http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads.html For Nero 10, Nero 9, Nero 8, Nero 7, Nero 6, Nero 5, Nero BackItUp 4 and Nero Linux 3 please follow this link: http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-previousproducts.html Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you! Best regards, Your Nero Support Team Nero Development and Services GmbH Im Stoeckmaedle 18 76307 Karlsbad Germany www.nero.com NERO – SIMPLY ENJOY™
They apologized 3 times for sending this kind of response (see below)
Dear Valued Customer, unfortunately you received an automatic e-mail from us, caused by a technical problem on our side. We will handle your inquiry as soon as possible and send you a correct answer then. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this might cause. Thank you! Best regards, Your Nero Support Team
Still waiting for a solution! Any help is appreciated.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 8 2012, 12:13 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Nero AG didn't say that they can't solve your problem.

What is the date that tech support said they had the mix-up and that they would review your problem?

Is the log file you provided for the burn after you installed all the updates?

Since you have .net framework 4, as expected, go to Control Panel, Programs and features. Find the Microsoft .net framework 4 client profile. click on it to uninstall it. Select the Repair option. Let it run and reboot. Try a burn. Does that help?

+Quote Post
Renfronator
post Jul 11 2012, 09:57 PM
Post #9

NO ... How Do I Get a REFUND ???

Had I known NERO charges for Tech Support by telephone, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 12 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

You can't get a refund until tech support declares that they can't solve your problem.

There are three levels of support that are free- the forum, the chatline and e-mail.

I don't know which thing the "No" applies to.

You didn't tell me the last time you heard from tech support via e-mail.

+Quote Post
Renfronator
post Jul 24 2012, 05:22 PM
Post #11

Last Email 9 July 2012

thank you for your e-mail.The graphic card is an important component for video rendering and transcoding.The following requirements for Nero 10 are not fullfilled:DirectX® 9.0 compliant graphics card with 3D acceleration, 16-bit color, and a minimum of 128 MB video memory is required (32-bit, true color, 256 MB dedicated video RAM, and support for Shader Model 3.0 is recommended)No, the Microsoft Video Decoder Checkup Utility does not affect Nero.We are sorry for the inconvenience.Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Best RegardsChristian Zastera Nero Support Nero Development and Services GmbH Im Stoeckmaedle 18 76307 Karlsbad Germany
Apparently they are telling us You MUST have a Video Card with 256 MB on board RAM, although I don't believe it uses the video card to render video.NERO website shows the following is required for rendering and authoring video.

Special / Minimum requirements for video editing and authoring
  • OHCI compliant FireWire® controller (IEEE® 1394) for DV or HDV™ capturing
  • TV tuner or video capture card for analog and digital video recording
  • Up to 50 GB hard drive space for disk images and temporary files

So again - I am stuck in limbo. Nero will not give a refund, Staples does not give refunds on software.

In addition, when going to NERO ControlCenter / Udate and Online Options shows - Update Service Not Available.

It seems nobody wants to honor anything anymore. Who would pay for an update when the current version doesn't even work ? ? ?

This post has been edited by Renfronator: Jul 24 2012, 05:23 PM

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Jul 24 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

QUOTE (Renfronator @ Jul 24 2012, 05:22 PM) *
Last Email 9 July 2012

Apparently they are telling us You MUST have a Video Card with 256 MB on board RAM, although I don't believe it uses the video card to render video.NERO website shows the following is required for rendering and authoring video.

Special / Minimum requirements for video editing and authoring

OHCI compliant FireWire® controller (IEEE® 1394) for DV or HDV™ capturing
TV tuner or video capture card for analog and digital video recording
Up to 50 GB hard drive space for disk images and temporary files

And as GENERAL system requirements for ALL applications:
DirectX® 9.0 compliant graphics card with 3D acceleration, 16-bit color, and a minimum of 128 MB video memory is required (32-bit, true color, 256 MB dedicated video RAM, and support for Shader Model 3.0 is recommended)

See:
http://www.nero.com/eng/support-nero10-sys...quirements.html

QUOTE (Renfronator @ Jul 24 2012, 05:22 PM) *
In addition, when going to NERO ControlCenter / Udate and Online Options shows - Update Service Not Available.

In this case, it is likely you (or a tool you started) has disabled the update service. Just re-enable the Nero update service in the services control panel.

+Quote Post
Renfronator
post Jul 24 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #13

No - I did not start a tool, and can't find where to "enable update". As previously stated - in ControlCenter, it shows

"Update service is not available", both for update and online options! Looked all over Start Smart and do not see any such place you mentioned.

Moreover, all is for naught as you seem to be telling me that NERO uses Video Card RAM to render video, instead of computer RAM and VM.

Is that correct? It is my understanding, Video Card RAM is ONLY for display purposes.

+Quote Post
jens-f
post Jul 24 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8,784,165

QUOTE (Renfronator @ Jul 24 2012, 06:09 PM) *
No - I did not start a tool, and can't find where to "enable update". As previously stated - in ControlCenter, it shows

As said: You must enable it in the windows services control panel.
What windows do you have?

+Quote Post
wither
post Jul 25 2012, 02:44 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

go to Control Panel, Administrator Tools, Services or run Services.msc. Start the Nero Updater.

+Quote Post
Renfronator
post Sep 14 2012, 07:13 PM
Post #16

OK - Got the Update to work. But also noticed when checking my computer for problems, using Norton WinDoctor, NERO is looking for these two missing files ...

msvcp80.dll

msvcr80.dll

Does that make any sense? If so, how can I get these missing files???

Additionally - a NEW Problem, who would've figured.

Upon Updating, Nero Prerequisite Installer required MS VC Redist. 2010 SP1 and Direct3D 9 Ext. 9.29.952.3111

"The application FAILED to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the applcation may fix this."

Any suggestions??? And I did'nt want Nero ASK Toolbar!!!

This post has been edited by Renfronator: Sep 14 2012, 08:54 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post Sep 15 2012, 02:08 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

I recommend that you dowload Microsoft Fix It and run it to fix the problem with framedyn.dll.

You never directly answered my question about your operating system. I assume it's XP.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic