Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> No subtitles using Recode and MKV option
cobalt123
post Jun 16 2012, 04:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,475,324

I can't seem to convert a DVD structure to MKV with subtitles? I keep getting the error that subtitles are not supported using the MKV format?

If there a way to convert a DVD to MKV with subtitles?

Thanks for any help

Edit: Sorry forgot I'm using Recode version from the Nero 11 Platnum

This post has been edited by cobalt123: Jun 16 2012, 05:02 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mister_M
post Jun 16 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 69,291

Unfortunately Nero Recode only supports subtitles in mp4-files when it comes to transcoding files at the moment. Perhaps in future updates it will also be supported in other formats like mkv.

+Quote Post
cobalt123
post Jun 16 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,475,324

Thanks Mister_M - will use MP4 format until the MKV format is fixed.

+Quote Post
LoreP
post Jun 27 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,928,769

I just bought Nero 11 and installed and updated it last night. I am trying to convert a wmv slideshow video to one that can be played on most dvd players. I have had no luck. My "device box" does not have "dvd" in it, it has computer, ipod, iphone, ipad, psp, xbox, blue ray. When I go to options the "dvd" is there but it will not come up in the main "device box". I am not sure which formats work in a dvd player except that ours takes, wma, mp3, and jpeg. I cannot find any device options that have mp3 or wma formats. I need this for a "Celebration of Life" for my mom that passed away, the celebration is saturday. I bought this program because it had a four-star rating. I feel like it is very hard to understand and work in. I have downloaded the manuals that did not help. I have spent over 10 hours just trying to convert this. I know I'm not this dumb but I really need someone to help me. Please!!! Thank you. Also if you have any tips, I would appreciate it. I feel like I really got screwed buying this program over another that I was going to download off the internet. This is the only reason I bought this program. I have Windows XP

+Quote Post
wither
post Jun 28 2012, 03:17 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

You're problem isn't really related to this thread but I'll help.

You don't need to recode your video. All you need to do is create a DVD-Video.

There are a couple of ways to do that but you would use Nero Video.

First, if you don't plan on doing a lot of editing, adding transitions and/or effects, etc., you would open Nero Video and select DVD, DVD-Video. Import your file and continue on to the burn screen and burn. On the way, you will encounter the menu editing screen. If you don't want a menu, then make that selection.

Second, if you want to do any of the things I mentioned, you would open Nero Video and select Make Movie or Slide Show. Import your video. Edit as you so desire. When you select Next, you will select DVD, DVD-Video. Once done, you'll be in the same screen (Contents) that you would be in if you made the first choice, above. Procede as described except your video is already imported and edited.

Note that you can get to the editing screen from the Contents screen by selecting Edit.

If you encounter any problems, post them in the Nero Vision subforum.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic