Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> convert pal to ntfs
norky
post Jun 7 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,865,690

Great looking forum you have here. But search feature, well, not very good. I tried searching for "convert pal to ntfs". No good because 3 letter words cant be used. So i had to search for "convert pal to ntfs". Worked fine except now i have 29 pages to search through.

So here i am. I would like to know the easiest way to convert a dvd movie from pal format to ntfs. Its actually a documentary. I get them usually in some other format and i use nero to convert them to dvd. Thats when i find out the documentary works in my computers dvd player but not in the bluray player i have connected to my tv. So i need to find the quickest and easiest way to convert from pal to ntfs either as soon as i get the documentary or after i have converted it to dvd format, whichever is easiest. Appreciate any help i can get.

I am running win 7 ult 84 bit and nero 9.13 which has been working fine for me for years. Dont think you need this info but just in case, motherboard is asus, cpu i7-860, s1156, 12 gb ram.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jun 7 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,132,427

First, NTFS is a scheme for formatting hard drives. I think you're referring to NTSC which is a broadcast standard.

You don't need to convert your PAL files to NTSC. In fact, it's normally not advisable.

What you want to do is to create a DVD-Video with your files.

To do that, you can simply open Nero Vision and select Make DVD, DVD-Video and import your files and burn. If you want to add edits, transitions, effects, etc., you can get to the editing screen in Make Movie by simply selecting Edit after you join your videos. My personal preference is to start in Make Movie if I'm going to do the type of editing I just referred to. After you make your edits and click next, you would select Make DVD..... DVD-Video and continue. We'll help you with any questions you have.

Please note that you're using a version of Nero which is not totally compatible with Win 7. You should uninstall your v9 using the General Clean Tool. Then run cleanmgr.com and reboot.

Download the v9.4.44.0b update from nero.com. Turn off anti-virus and install.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed Topic