IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> how to create slide show using Nero 10?
phsieh
post May 29 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,838,423

Dear Nero experts,

I have more than 1000 pictures. I would like to create a slide show and specify 50 milli-seconds duration on each picture and NO transition effect between two pictures. Then, save the slide show to mpg 2 format. Is this possible?

So far, I found out that, I can only set default duration of each picture to 1 second (cannot be set to anything less than that). Once I imported all 1000 pictures, I can select all pictures, and set duration to 50 milli-seconds. But, then, this leaves a gap of 950 milli-seconds between each two pictures. Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks!

Pei-Ying

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post May 29 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,905,902

At first I was thinking it's a joke 50 milli-seconds ? This would be just the time a frame is display in a PAL video, where the framerate is 25 fps, means, you see a picture for 1/25 seconds. Now as far as I understand you want to playback the slideshow like with a slide projector. There is only one way to realyze such a simulation, you create a video in NV and playback in single steps controled by the remote control.

How to do:
Open "Creating a Slideshow" in NV (settings in the Recording Format Options for DVD-Video (MPEG-2) should be the defaults, the video mode that of your region NTSC or PAL, the duration under Configuration should be set to the shortest = 1 second, - the default may be 4 seconds). Import a single picture, than go back via "More" to the NV start screen, open "Create a DVD with the slideshow" and open via "Edit" the "Edit Video" function.

Change from the Storyboard view to the Timeline view and expand it to the maximum, that you see the duration of single frames in the time scale. What you now have to do is for each of your 1'000 pictures:

1. From the 25 frames you have on the timeline cut 23 rightmost away,
2. Import the subsequent picture and track it to the timeline, fit to the leftsided picture
3. Go back to step one

After creating a sequence of let's say 70 to 100 frames complete the the DVD by editing the menu and burn on a DVD+/-RW (for trials). Than playback on an offline player. You will immediately the lack. Until you have pressed th single step button some pictures have gone meanwhile. Solution, you should insert a picture (single colored, e.g. black with a length of 2-3 seconds (the time you need for pressing the single step button) in front of each sequence. Now when you have started playback press the single step button immediately and go with single steps ([>) to the first picture. Some remote controles allow jumping in intervals of 5 frames or slow motion forward and back, so you can browse thru the slideshow.

For the next sequences you have to create a chapter for each depending on the issue of the content (I don't think, that you are looking 1'000 slides without the posibiliity to go back to the start point of a previous sequence or visa-versa). Go to "Edit Video" in your project and import the first picture resp. the header, set a chapter mark between. Than add the pictures of the next sequence and edit

That the principle (creating a quick motion sequence). Now it's yours, e.g. creating titles for sequences depending on the issue of the content.

As it would be a time consuming and a little bit sophisticated work I suggest to find your specific solution with some trials.

As you may be confused, here another "normal" way for this kind of simulation. Create a slideshow with a duration of e.g. 3 seconds for each picture. Open a project with this slideshow and set a chapter mark to each picture, You can have in maximum 99 chapters in one title. That means you have to prepare some more then 10 titles. After finishing the first titel. Create a slideshow for the next title open another project and export the stream from there under "Edit Video". Import this file to the first (the main) project and set chapter marks to each picture. Repeat this procedure for the rest of the titles. For finalyzing change in Menu Editing to "Extended Editing" delete the complete content of the template and create a single colored background for the first time. Track all (but only) titles from "Content" into the menu. Configurate the layout of the picture buttons, insert resp. change the text in the button area and format using another font and font size. Then burn the DVD for a trial.

In playback now during display of a picture you can press the [[-> (chapter forward) button and the next picture display is started. I f you would like looking the picture for a longer time, press the pause button etc., etc. I think the rest you will find out by yourself. You have know 2 variants I suggest to try both. I for myself would prefer the second. I have made some slideshows on this way.

The difference between the 2 methods:
- in the first a sequence can have an unlimited number of pictures and the playback happens with single step moving
- in the other a sequence can have in maximum 99 pictures and playback happens with chapter for-/backward steps

hg

This post has been edited by hg-dude: May 29 2012, 11:57 PM

+Quote Post
adrianob2
post May 29 2012, 11:24 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,151,484

QUOTE (phsieh @ May 29 2012, 07:39 PM) *
But, then, this leaves a gap of 950 milli-seconds between each two pictures. Is there a simple way to do this?

Hi Pei-Ying,
My suggestion is based on Nero Video 11 features, so if you have another version, this instructions are not suitable.
1st) - Import pictures in "express editing", and change the timing there. You will have no gaps! To change the slide duration you need to
- right click on the first one and trim it to the lenght you wish (e.g. 00:00:01 -- 0 min, 0 sec, 1 frame, i.e. aprox 40 msec)
- right click on the same pict and select "Set duration for all pictures in this track"
that's all.
If instead you are already in "Advanced editing" you can:
2nd) - select all pictures together
- set duration (as before)
This operating method leaves one gap after all pictures.
If you want delete all 950 ms gaps in one step, you can do it using the method I explained there.
If my description is not enough clear, please let me know.

Regards
Adriano

P.s. I will not be here for a week, so if you need some more explanations from me, please be patient.

This post has been edited by adrianob2: May 30 2012, 01:17 AM

+Quote Post
wither
post May 30 2012, 03:44 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

As far as I know, you can't set the duration of a slide to less than 1 sec.

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post May 30 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Adriano, wither, - you didn't understand the problem of Pei-Ying. That is why I allways are "preaching", if you would like to support, try to reconstruct the problem on your environment at first. Assumptions are leading to wrong suggestions !

I now describe here this problem, which is a further deficiency since Nero 10, with screenshots.

Pei-Ying has imported pictures and tracked them to the timeline. Than he was grouping them and has set the duration for each picture of this group to 50 milliseconds (in my example 30). Than he got the black gaps between the pictures instead of fitting them together, - and that's the lack, which don't happen e.g. in NV 5 (of Nero 8), see screenshots. In NV 5 you could add the furst picture to the timeline and than change the duration under "Properties". Than all subsequent adds have the same duration resp. you can change the duration for a group of objects on the timeline on the same way.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

He can solve this problem with removing the gaps using "Remove and close Gaps". But as this is a very inefficient worklfow I suggested the methods I described above, here an example screenshot, where the duration (to one frame) is created by cutting, - very time consuming for this lot of pictures, he has. This method are known already for a long time in the NV user circle for creating fast resp. stop motion sequences.

Attached Image

And wither, the lowest value is 1 second in the configuration options. But of course you can change the duration (as before in the earlyer versions of NV) lateron as shown in the screenshots. I have no time to open a thread for this problem and no need for solving this problem because I have the solution above for circumventing. It's on one of you open a thread, if you find it's important. I have spent enough time for explaining things which should be clear, when would be listened to my "preaches". But in this case it was not entirely for nothing, I am using the material for creating a tutorial (blog), - title "How Creating Fast/Stop Motion Sequences".

hg

This post has been edited by hg-dude: May 30 2012, 02:30 PM

+Quote Post
wither
post May 30 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

You should know that I tried to set the duration to less than 1 second manually before I responded and it wouldn't work. It defaulted back to 1 second.

I'll leave it to phsieh to test your method (s). If it works, great- good advice.

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post May 30 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

wither, don't care, it works. How else I would be able to create the screenshots :rolleyes: :blink:

This post has been edited by hg-dude: May 30 2012, 04:34 PM

+Quote Post
adrianob2
post May 30 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,151,484

Hello from Paris

@hg_dude,
I did not think to a Slide Projector, as you did, but to an old cartoon, where the movement was obtained by a lot of pictures, each one having a very little display time. (if he need a slide projector, why only 50 ms display time?)
Who is right?

@wither
If you modify the duration in timeline, or in Express editing, you have the time in the format hh:mm:ss:ff (ff=frames).
The frame duration is video format dependent (PAL-NTSC,...)
Bonne soirée
Adriano

P.S.: I'll wait for Pei-Ying news.

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post May 31 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Adriano, obviously you didn't understand, what Pei-Ying wants, as far as I understood.

To your knowledge, the first method (only !) I have described above is (as mentioned) normally used for creating fast resp. stop motion sequences. The term "Fast Motion" comes from the movie scene as synonym for animated film. And that's exactly what you mean with "comics".

But now enough of discussions, I am waiting for a feedback of Pei-Ying now.

This post has been edited by hg-dude: May 31 2012, 11:19 AM

+Quote Post

Closed Topic