Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Capture Video
Ynot22
post May 5 2012, 09:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,779,425

I'm trying to capture video from my Sony Digital 8 camera. Analog output (rca) to a Dazzle DC-100 device. I have the dazzle drivers loaded on win7 home. Dazzle device to USB.

Purchased Nero 11 Platinum thinking I would not have any problems capturing Video. Ahh was I wrong lol

Nero does not see the dazzle device.

Am I doing something wrong??

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post May 5 2012, 04:42 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I don't think so.

The Dazzle has been mentioned numerous times in the forum but I can't remember if it's compatible with Nero. I think the Dazzle comes with it's own software. Can you transfer your video to the hard drive using that software?

+Quote Post
Ynot22
post May 7 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,779,425

No I can not use that software. It's compatable for XP, ME,2000 but not Win 7. I do have drivers on Win 7 for Dazzle-100 device.

I looked on Pinnacle site for updats.. not there have to buy their software.

It did work on my old PC but thats not here. I understand that to run XP compatable software I have to upgrade to Win PRO.

WoW everyone is after my wallet.

+Quote Post
wither
post May 7 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

The only reason you would have to upgrade to Windows Pro is if you want to install and run your software using XP Mode or virtual PC. If you right click on your Pinnacle .exe file and go to Properties (I think that's it), which compatibility modes do you have? I have Win 7 Pro on my other machine and Vista on this one so I can't check?

It appears there's a new driver that makes your device Win 7 compatible- http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/P...s&Display=1

That still doesn't guarantee the Dazzle 100 is Nero compatible. The best way to find out is to send tech support an e-mail.

+Quote Post
oldmickthejoiner
post Jun 12 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,755,583

QUOTE (Ynot22 @ May 7 2012, 12:42 PM) *
No I can not use that software. It's compatable for XP, ME,2000 but not Win 7. I do have drivers on Win 7 for Dazzle-100 device.

I looked on Pinnacle site for updats.. not there have to buy their software.

It did work on my old PC but thats not here. I understand that to run XP compatable software I have to upgrade to Win PRO.

WoW everyone is after my wallet.

I have Windows 7 on my computer and also use a Dazzle 100 which works perfectly,you should have received software when you purchased the Dazzle 100. I use the Pinnacle software to capture the video clips and then edit it in Nero Video11 and then burn to DVD.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jun 12 2012, 04:42 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

We never did hear back from ynot22 if the later driver I found worked.

Thanks for the information.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic