Start new topic
> LightScribe in Nero 10
VonZipper12
post May 1 2012, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,914,014

I'd like to label a disc using LightScribe in Nero Multimedia Suite 10.

I went to the Support Knowledge Base, and used the LightScribe button. The first FAQ baffles me, because I see no "Extras" in Nero StartSmart.

From the FAQ:
"Where can I find the LightScribe function in Nero?

You will find the Lightscribe option in the menu "Extras" in Nero StartSmart. If you start Lightscribe by clicking the button, you will get the option "Data label". This option does not allow to create a "full-face" label. To do so close the compilation and start a new compilation. The Lightscribe option is also available in Nero Express and in Nero Cover Designer."

Any thoughts on how to get started? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post May 1 2012, 04:04 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Are you sure you were reading about StartSmart or Burning Rom? Extras is in Burning Rom. I don't have a LightScribe burner on my system with v10 so I can't see all the options in StartSmart but there is no Extras that I can find.

CoverDesigner is the primary application for creating LightScribe labels. You can open CoverDesigner either by itself or from within Burning Rom. Burning Rom also has a limited ability to create LightScribe labels. In all cases, you will need the LightScribe software.

Are you wanting to burn a compilation such as an audio CD with a LightScribe label?

+Quote Post
againploughman
post May 1 2012, 04:51 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,524,306

VonZipper12

I have looked at my installation of Nero 10.

As wither has stated Nero Cover Design is a self contained application. In Nero Burning ROM Access to the program is via the 'Gold' disc icon on the Burning Rom selection page and also available from the drop down menu, see attached image
Attached Image

Opening Nero StartSmart and selecting 'Knowledge Center', here you find FAQ under Learning More, this takes you the the Nero Web-page. Is this the location that you are querying.

The Nero StartSmart screen does not have an 'EXTRA' menu option, this I believe is part of the APPLICATION to be selected from Nero StartSmart screen

Thus you have at least 3 options to Start Nero Cover Design for LightScribe Labeling.

+Quote Post
wither
post May 1 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Thanks for checking that out. I didn't want to install v10 on this machine.

+Quote Post
VonZipper12
post May 1 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,914,014

Thank you for those responses. This was my first attempt at using LightScribe with this drive, and wasn't aware of the need for separate software. (I assumed it was part of the driver and might show up as another printer.) I've installed LightScribe System Software, and now see LightScribe as an option for printing in the Nero CoverDesigner. I haven't yet created a disc with a label, but I seem to be on the right path now.

I'll point out, though, that the misleading Nero StartSmart information was just as I originally quoted it, since it was copied/pasted to my message.

This link may get you to where I found it:
http://www.nero.com/enu/support.html#step%...4%3Btrigger%3A1

+Quote Post
againploughman
post May 1 2012, 10:48 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,524,306

VonZipper12

Yes I have viewed the web-page quoted. I must admit it does seem mis-leading. I am reluctant to suggest this as it is STRETCHING the point.

The does not actual state that the 'EXTRAS' are to be found on the StartSmart screen, but in the menu for StartSmart and as this is available in the APPLICATIONS, I suppose one can assume that is what is meant.

Anyway, it is not actually to be found there 'EXTRAS' of Nero Burning Rom.

Nero CoverDesigner is not actually a separate program, it forms part of the Nero 10 suite. Access to it, in addition to that shown in the image, can be via the 'START\All Programs\Nero\Nero 10 facility or by the selecting the Application icon, bottom Left of the StartSmart screen, this gives a menu of Applications available within the Nero 10 suite.

+Quote Post
wither
post May 2 2012, 02:34 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I wonder if the knowledge base is wishful thinking. You can print a lightscribe label from Nero Express in v11 and the wording quoted is suspiciously similar to that in the help file for v11. Of course, v11 doesn't have StartSmart.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic