Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Burning videos bigger than 4.7 GB
RiverCityKen
post Apr 27 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,751,555

I've recently changed over from unreliable Roxio software to Nero 11. One thing I could do in Roxio was to be able to automatically compress VIDEO_TS directories greater than 4.7 GB on a hard drive to a single-layer DVD. Is this possible in Nero 11 Burning Rom 11 or Nero Express?

Thanks,

--Ken

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 28 2012, 02:06 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

If you're wanting to burn a DVD-Video disc which is playable on standalone players, neither Express nor Burning Rom have a fit-to-disc option. You can make a setting to allow overburning but that would be if the size of the video_TS was only slightly larger than the capacity of a standard DVD disc.

In Nero Video, the fit-to-disc option is automatically chosen. As you would expect, this is only effective up to a point. If you want to burn far more than a fit-to-disc option would allow, than you can select additional settings in the recording format options. Of course, the more you try to fit on a standard DVD, the more the quality of the resulting video will suffer. Doesn't matter what software you're using. As a result, I would import and burn from Nero Video, if the overburning option is not enough. The only drawback to using NV is that you are going to basically create a new DVD-Video using the VTS.....Vob files.

Where did the video_TS folder come from and how large is it?

+Quote Post
againploughman
post Apr 29 2012, 12:17 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,524,306

wither

Thanks for the info about Nero Vision. For sometime know I have been trying to solve a problem where I had COPIED/TRANSFERRED the contents from my camcarder to my HARD DRIVE not realising the size.

Basically I did this as I had misplaced the BUNDLED software that came with the camcorder. This software allows me read the contents onto my HD and then I could generate disc from a selection of screen.

It also allows me to import, from a DVD disc, either 3½ or 5" unit. Perhaps this may overcome the .IFO & .BUP problem that I have recently discussed with you.

I have subsequently sourced the BUNDLED program, but I am not sure whether I can import the COPY/TRANSFERRED information into it. So it may be possible to use Nero Vision

So once again thanks for the prompt.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic