Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Distorted video in Nero Vision Xtra
Joey-Lewis
post Apr 22 2012, 11:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,774,043

Can someone please help? I'm using Nero Vision Xtra to burn a .mp4 file. When i play the file on Windows media Player, it plays perfectly without video distortion, but when i preview it on Nero Vision Xtra, i get horrible distortions of the video to the point where the video is unwatchable.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 23 2012, 03:43 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I assume you're using Kwik Media to view the file. Open Kwik Media and select Options\Video. Checkmark the box "enable hardware acceleration". Does that help?

+Quote Post
Joey-Lewis
post Apr 23 2012, 05:57 AM
Post #3

It's still distorted with that setting as well. the file is .mp4 (H.x264) .

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 23 2012, 03:21 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

That file format shouldn't be any problem, expecially when you burned it with NV.

Have you run the check for updates lately to make sure Nero is fully updated?

Go here- C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Roaming\Nero\Nero 10\Nero Vision and find the nerovisionlog.txt file. Use the Browse and Upload feature to post it here.

What kind of video card do you have?

+Quote Post
Joey-Lewis
post Apr 23 2012, 05:17 PM
Post #5

I just updated everything. The video card I'm using is Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family. Is that what you were looking for? I hope it works. Thanks for your help.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  NeroVisionLog.txt ( 29.05K ) Number of downloads: 121

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 24 2012, 03:08 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Looking at the log, the burn was unsuccessful. This appears to be a pay per view video and is probably protected.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding. Does the original play in WMP and Kwik media?

+Quote Post
TailorSmurfNY
post Apr 24 2012, 04:15 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 9,102,737

Hi,

There can be different causes for your Nero Vision problem. In such case, we need some information for verification.

Please send us an email with the detailed description of your problem and then we will reply you with the instruction for creating information for us.

You can send us the email directly to techsupport@nero.com.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

TailorSmurfNY

+Quote Post
Joey-Lewis
post Apr 24 2012, 05:29 AM
Post #8

Taylor SmurfNY I had already sent an email and gave you guys my info. Wither, the video was distorted in Kwik media, but played perfectly in Windows Media Player. I never attempted to burn this file to dvd, because of the preview I was getting in Nero Vision Xtra.

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 24 2012, 03:14 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

I asked you to try it in KM because, if it played there but not in NV, then protection could be the issue. Since it doesn't play in KM, it sounds like a codec issue. If you could get it into Recode, you could recode it to a different format such as mpeg-4 and see if that fixes it. I don't know if you have other similar software or additional codec packs installed.

Let us know what tech support has to say. I suspect they're going to ask you for the nerosupport.cab file if you didn't send it.

+Quote Post
Joey-Lewis
post Apr 24 2012, 08:11 PM
Post #10

I have ac3 filter codecs installed along with ffdshow and Matroska. I will let you know what tech support said. In the meantime, I will try to recode to mpeg-4 format. Thanks again. I have divx plus, real player, quicktime, yamb, and aiprosoft total video software to name a few.

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 25 2012, 03:30 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

I suspect that either one of the video software programs or the extra codecs are interfering. I don't think that QuickTime or Real Player would cause a problem. I have both installed.

Did you let tech support know that you have those items installed? Since I help a lot of people by trying to reproduce problems, I purposely don't add additional software or codecs to my systems which most people wouldn't have.

+Quote Post
Joey-Lewis
post Apr 29 2012, 08:11 PM
Post #12

I wonder how long it takes to receive an answer from these guys, because I haven't received one yet. I never told them because I didn't think that it was a problem. Not very .mp4 video that I have gives me this problem, only certain videos. Should i send tech support another email? I hope i get this solved.

+Quote Post
Joey-Lewis
post Apr 29 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #13

I had downloaded a bunch of videos from youtube and I was trying to burn them to dvd. I previewed them and it was fine, but when I started the burn process, I notice the picture was replaced by a green screen audio was okay. What could be the problem?

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 30 2012, 03:27 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

I think we've been through the protection issue.

Download mediainfo and open one of the problem files. Select View and then Tree. Post a screenshot which shows the video and audio formats.

I tell people to give tech support 5-7 working days. I assume you got an automated response when you submitted your e-mail. If so, you have a tech support ID number. You can go to the chat line and ask them what the status is.

+Quote Post
Joey-Lewis
post Apr 30 2012, 08:24 PM
Post #15

Here's the screenshot. online chat told me to reply to the email I was sent, because they are level one in the US.

Thanks again,

I hope this helps.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
wither
post May 1 2012, 02:46 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

You called the chat line after it was closed in Germany. That's why you got the California chat. The German chat line is on GMT Berlin. That's 5-6 hours ahead of EST. As a result, you'ld have to go to the chat before around noon, EST to do what I said. I think the hours listed at the website are for CA.

What did they ask you to do?

The audio and video shown in the screenshot look fine.

+Quote Post
againploughman
post May 2 2012, 06:42 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,524,306

QUOTE (wither @ May 1 2012, 02:46 AM) *
You called the chat line after it was closed in Germany. That's why you got the California chat. The German chat line is on GMT Berlin. That's 5-6 hours ahead of EST. As a result, you'ld have to go to the chat before around noon, EST to do what I said. I think the hours listed at the website are for CA.

What did they ask you to do?

The audio and video shown in the screenshot look fine.

You are probably more knowledgeable than I, about the location for the CHAT-LINE. I would assume that it would be in Karlsbad, which is some 7 hrs driving time, 428 miles from Berlin. Still I suppose as they are both in the same time zone what is 428 miles.

Your comment about 'Automatic Response', when I have troubled to send an email, and if I get any response, it is usually in Germany,which I believe translate to a received acknowledgment, This may generated another response sometime later with a reference number.

Personally I have only used this once and that was in the early days when I troubled to use the TELEPHONE Support line (Very Expensive) after waiting several days. The response I got they had no access to the email enquirers but persisted to get me to explain the problem. After 20 mins (cost something like $20) they were unable to help.

If you do get an email response, the number tends to get lost, as new number is generated by the SUPPORT staff. I believe Nero are the only people that knows how there SUPPORT chain works, as all communications have an acknowledgment reference, a Support reference. Thus if you have a query and respond to it this then generates another set of numbers. It is possible to finish up having several acknowledgment and support reference for the same query.

I believe there has already been a THREAD to do with this process, unfortunately I do not remember if there was a SOLUTION.

If you do go down this path I have found it VERY confusing. I do not know if Support lost there way, but I had a query about Nero DiscSpeed (before it become a FREEBIE/UNSUPPORTED) and decided to shorten it to NDS in the 3 or 4 reply, all of which had the support references in the SUBJECT line. The final SUPPORT reply asked if I had a license for a Nintendo DS device for which Nero had generated an Application.

This post has been edited by againploughman: May 2 2012, 07:10 AM

+Quote Post
Joey-Lewis
post May 3 2012, 02:37 PM
Post #18

They asked me to send another email to tech support.

+Quote Post
wither
post May 3 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Let us know how it turns out.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic