> how to burn dvd from iso file with nero 9
danielmeidan
post Apr 16 2012, 12:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,733,990

Hi

How to burn a dvd from an ISO file

Dvd to be used on a standard DVD player.

Thanks.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 17 2012, 04:13 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I confess I didn't go look it up in v9 but do you have the option to burn a DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO). That's the only way I know you can burn a ISO file to DVD. I don't know if it's playable on a standalone player.

You might have to ask tech support about it.

+Quote Post
lila-asta
post Apr 18 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Employee
Member No.: 8,912,682

Hey there,

The easiest way to burn an ISO file to a DVD is to use Nero Express. Click the "Image, Project, Copy" entry (that's the wording for N11, but previous versions had a similar entry) to open the ISO file within Nero Express. You can then directly proceed to the burn screen.

However, keep in mind that the ISO file has probably been created for a certain disc type and with a certain disc structure. As a result, if the ISO contains a structure made for a CD, you won't be able to burn it to a DVD and vice-versa. If you don't know what's inside the ISO file, you can use an additional program to mount the file (Nero doesn't offer one anymore) so you can see its contents. If it's a mere video file without any disc structure attached, you can extract the file from the ISO and use Nero Vision/Nero Video to create a DVD-Video project with the extracted video file. (DVD-Video is the format any standalone DVD player supports.)

Hope that helps a bit!

+Quote Post
wither
post Apr 18 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

Good points.

For information, I verified that V9 Nero Express does have the ability to copy an Image to either a CD or DVD.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic