Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero Clean Tool For Nero 11
TRoss68
post Mar 15 2012, 03:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,586,814

Is there a nero Clean Tool For Nero 11?? If not What else is there??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 15 2012, 03:03 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

There's no clean tool starting with v10. Both V10 and 11 use a Windows installer so, you uninstall them from Control Panel.

+Quote Post
adrianob2
post Mar 15 2012, 10:59 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,151,484

If you have problems after uninstall from tghe Control panel, you can use with This Fix from Microsoft. (that substitute Windows Installer CleanUp Utility)

Let us know if you will succeed, and if you wish some more infos.

Regards
Adriano

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post Mar 17 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,905,902

Wither and Adriano, you see things too easy! When users are asking for an uninstaller for Nero 10 / 11 similar to the former CleanTool, they mean a tool that is removing the entire Nero environment, both SW and all data (folders and folder paths).

With the Windows Installer (>System Control>Programs>Programs and Functions) you can remove only the applications. This can be done as completely (?) in a single step or each application must be uninstalled step by step, individually. A risky procedure, because by mistake a wrong program can be uninstalled. The choice you have is shown in the screenshot

Attached Image

From my experience you should start with KM because this was not uninstalled by uninstalling the suite. But anyway, it could be a prozess of trials and errors.

You can nevertheless no longer establish the state prior to the first installation of Nero 10/11 because the Windows-SW, which was delivered with and replaced or additionally installed by the Nero installation Pack, is not known and therefore can not be reset. Therefore problems with other applications can occur after uninstalling the Nero environment.

The use of MSFixit can possibly uncover resulting problems by the uninstall. It's application is therefore recommended, download from here (Adriano has given the Website for the online analysis) and choose Advanced-Download. The messages comming from MSFixit are difficult to interpret, even for an experienced user, that is, to derive from the right measures. They can have nothing to do with Nero uninstallations as they refer namely to the entire software library.

Similar problems also during the removal of the data of Nero environment nearby. This may be still simple with data that will be found on the main folder(s) ..\Nero. But even in general folders data of the Nero environment may be stored, which are harder to find. If they are remaining, they can have an impact on a subsequent new installation of Nero software.

My comments are based on my experience of several uninstalltions and new installations (upgrade/update) of Nero 10. I had never installed Nero 11, but the situation will be similar there, I think.

The current situation (since the use of the Windows Installer) is intolerable. I have called here in the forum several, that Nero should provide an uninstall SW or at least a detailed guide to. See in detail, I think that it must take account of all situations, so both, uninstallations (also partly) and new installations, updates and upgrades, as well as the different OS environments. It is irresponsible of Nero, so the users leaving "allone in the desert". No SW producer can afford that in the long run.

Although I offered no instructions, I believe, that TRoss68 can see from my remarks, what he has to do and to what he must pay attention. If necessary, may be, we can help him. At least remains him, contacting NTS directly.

Hans-Gerhard

Updated 03/18/12

This post has been edited by hg-dude: Mar 18 2012, 11:19 AM

+Quote Post
againploughman
post Mar 17 2012, 01:28 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,524,306

hg-dude

I believe that if a USER opens Add/Remove facility of the OS and then locates to installation routine, then select UnInstall, this it supposedly removes each application within the current Nero Suite, either 10 or 11.

If you have either Nero 10 or 11 installed and try to install the programs again there is an option for the USER to either REPAIR or REMOVE the Suite.

I have found that using either of these facilities does remove the Suite. The only problem seems to be that up date Nero 10 KM introduces Nero 11 routines, these I believe are not REMOVED when the Suite is uninstalled.

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 17 2012, 03:02 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

If a user wants to remove a little more than what the Windows uninstaller does, then he can use things like Revo but, that must be used from the start. You can't use it after you've used the Windows uninstaller. However, even Revo Pro won't remove all registry entries. You can also use registry cleaners but often times they mess other things up, unrelated to Nero. They're not recommended.

By the way, hello Ploughman. Haven't seen you for a long time.

+Quote Post
adrianob2
post Mar 18 2012, 01:34 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 8,151,484

QUOTE (hg-dude @ Mar 17 2012, 12:38 PM) *
Wither and Adriano, you see things too easy! When users are asking for an uninstaller for Nero 10 / 11 similar to the former CleanTool, they mean a tool that is removing the entire Nero environment, both SW and all data (folders and folder paths).

With the Windows Installer (>System Control>Programs>Programs and Functions) you can remove only the applications. But this not as completely in a single step. No, each application must be uninstalled step by step, individually. A risky procedure, because by mistake a wrong program can be uninstalled.

You can nevertheless no longer establish the state prior to the first installation of Nero 10/11 because the Windows-SW, which was delivered with and replaced or additionally installed by the Nero installation Pack, is not known and therefore can not be reset. Therefore problems with other applications can occur after uninstalling the Nero environment.

Although I offered no instructions, I believe, that TRoss68 can see from my remarks, what he has to do and to what he must pay attention. If necessary, may be, we can help him. At least remains him, contacting NTS directly.

Hans-Gerhard

Hi Hans-Gerhard,

Yes you're right, it's not so simple. I also did not give to TRoss68 to leave him try and discover what question he needs to ask, before to help him in solution.
I always hope in finding clean Uninstall procedure, but rarely i can find, from so many sftw producers...
I think that this often comes from the budget or commercial contraints that shortens the development and QC time...

Regards
Adriano

P.s.
download from here (Adriano has given the Website for the online analysis)
- I tried it, it's not just analysis.

+Quote Post
hg-dude
post Mar 18 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,905,902

Hi all,

Sorry, I thnk I wasn't clear enough and have updated my reply above (added a screenshot)

QUOTE (adrianob2 @ Mar 18 2012, 01:34 AM) *
I think that this often comes from the budget or commercial contraints that shortens the development and QC time...

not yet completed

+Quote Post
againploughman
post Mar 19 2012, 07:06 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

TRoss68

I believe if you view the following Thread http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=12331 it may help to resolve your problem. At least I was able to remove Nero 11 and any other Nero suite installed.

Mind you my PC is now peppered with various Nero reference, eg: Registry and Documents & Setting.

WRT to hg-dude display, I believe that the complete Nero 10 can be REMOVED using the Install Wizard facility, but I believe this can also be executed OS CP Add-Remove facility by locating the installation icon for Nero 10 and selecting this, admittedly it is one of many associated with Nero 10 application.

+Quote Post
han54mac
post Mar 26 2012, 06:45 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 9,656,638

Hi
I have also got significant problems trying to uninstall Nero 11 completely.
Nero leaves entries in the registry that are not removed when the program is uninstalled and these files cannot be easily located.
Nero may also state that no changes have been made to the computer when an installation is incomplete- this is not true because I have found changes.
Nero should be strongly encouraged to provide a tool to get rid of all the Nero files when users no longer want this bloated program.
Anyone with ideas on the path(s) to the remaining registry would be greatly appreciated.

+Quote Post
wither
post Mar 26 2012, 03:20 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Nero is no different than any other Windows installed software when attempting to remove all vestiges. You'll find all kinds of things, even if you used something like Revo to uninstall it.

It's a tedious job, to be sure. You can search on Nero and delete all entries. I found that the Find function in Regedit doesn't find all instances of Nero.

You can search for kwik media or kwikmedia since it doesn't have Nero in its keys, data and values.

You can search on the individual apps like Vision, Video, Burning Rom, etc.

You can run msiinv to get all the product codes and class IDs used during installation.

The list goes on.

+Quote Post
againploughman
post Mar 26 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

wither

You have forgotten the AHEAD and Showtime.

I have even experience Nero be located on a non-existant partition. This stopped the re-installation of Nero informing me that it was already installed. (Nero solution to this was to send them the GetSupport generated report).

My last attempt to remove Nero 11 did appear to remove the registry entries, but I did find quite a few historical entries ans also some ' Nero Ser No' hidden.

This post has been edited by againploughman: Mar 26 2012, 04:25 PM

+Quote Post

Closed Topic