Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> No Audio with ShowTime
spotty
post Nov 19 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,171,324

I have not had audio with ShowTime 4 for the last several weeks. I have contacted technical support, but the only suggestion they have given me is to run the cleaning tool and "reinstall'. I tried that before I even contacted support. That has not solved the problem and I have not heard back from support since then. This is going on 6 weeks now and no fix yet.

What happened was I was playing a video file (.wmv). Half way through the video the sound stopped (but the video still plays). Now I have no sound with ShowTime with any file. I can play any of these files fine with WMP 11 or MPC. I also have all my system sounds, so it must be a specific ShowTime problem.

Anyone have a solution?
Anyone know how to get a response from support without starting all over again?
6 weeks is just an unacceptable turn-around time for support. All my other software support gives, at max., a 48 hour support turn-around. What's with Nero? It's not like it's cheap software.

(Vista HP 64 bit, Nero 8)

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dlgusgus
post Nov 19 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,158,836

Hello spotty,

When you ran the cleaning tool and installed Nero 8, did you install Nero 8 from a disc or a download?

Best regards,

Diego

+Quote Post
spotty
post Nov 19 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #3

Hi Diego,

I downloaded it from the Nero site.

It kind of seems to me that it might have something to do with the new activation procedure that started withe version 8. Last summer I changed my OS from Vista HP 32 bit to the 64 bit version. I got the infamous popup that I was trying to install on a different PC, etc. I emailed to the address given an thought it was taken care of, since I stopped getting the popup. ShowTime was working fine, then just stopped working while I was playing a video file.

If I could just get a dialog started with Nero support, I'm sure this could be fixed in an instant. But that is just impossible, since it takes weeks to get a response. I have owned (and still have licenses for) Nero 5, 6, 7 and 8 and the only answer I ever got from support, over all those years, was to reinstall. That usually did work, but not in this case.

That's what has me thinking it might have something to do with the activation. But, as I have said, I can't get a response beyond the "reinstall" solution. They just don't respond.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I want to present the whole picture hoping it might speed things up.

Thanks,

Spotty

+Quote Post
dlgusgus
post Nov 19 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,158,836

Hello spotty,

Thank you for explaning your problem. Can you please email me your serial number. My e-mail is dlopez@nero.com. Once I have your serial key and check the status, I will continue helping you via e-mail.

Best regards,

Diego

This post has been edited by dlgusgus: Nov 19 2008, 09:47 PM

+Quote Post
spotty
post Nov 19 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #5

Diego,

I sent you the serial number.

Thanks for helping me. :)

Spotty

+Quote Post
spotty
post Nov 21 2008, 01:46 PM
Post #6

Diego,

I finally got a reply from Nero support today. It's going on 5 weeks since I sent my question to support.

Anyway,

Their only comment: They want me to send them the file that will not play.

I made it perfectly clear to them in my original request that no files (be it DVD, CD, Mp3, etc. etc.) have sound. I also explained what steps I took to try to resolve it. (reinstalled 3 times)
I can see the (picture) video, but there is no sound.

I replied to supports request, but I know I will never hear from them. I will probably have to resubmit a new request in in few weeks and they will just tell me to reinstall.

Have you been able to find out anything?

Thanks,

Spotty

+Quote Post
spotty
post Nov 24 2008, 01:01 AM
Post #7

Just tried to run Nero Recode. I got the message that I am trying to run on another PC. I replied that I had to reinstalled. Still no sound.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic