Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> AVI to DVD in NERO 11
Howmanynames
post Feb 6 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,571,523

Hi.. i am at the end of my tether... how complicated can you techy guys make recording a video to dvd ffs????
its a video.. with pictures and audio...
very simple.. or should be.. select file and burn to DVD... (nero doing all the decoding encoding recoding and what ever else it needs to do in the process)

but no.. nero 11 says if i wish to burn a video(avi) to dvd i need Nero Vision... well why isnt it included in nero 11?....

i suppose by the time ive worked out how to use nero 11, they will release a new version that does what this version should do in the first place...
Corporate designed obsolesence... kind of makes you think about buying a £2 pirate copy rather than fuel the corporate rip off!

please tell me in 'english' how i can burn an avi to dvd using nero 11?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Feb 6 2012, 06:49 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,132,427

Why don't you ask for help before you rant?

In order to create a DVD-Video, AVCHD DVD or Blu-ray disc that is playable in standalone players, it has to be authored in a program like Nero Video (Nero Vision in all previous Nero versions) to the correct disc structure. The desktop shortcut for it should have been created when you installed v11. If not-

go here- C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 11\Nero Welcome or C:\Program Files\..... in Vista or Win 7, depending on whether you have a 64 bit or 32 bit system, respectively. It's somewhere in C:\Documents and settings in XP. Right click on the Welcome Application and send it to your Desktop. When you open it from your desktop, it will list all the Nero apps, including Nero Video.

Open Nero Video. If you don't plan on doing any editing, click on DVD, DVD-Video in Create and Export. You will be in the Contents screen. Import your file. You can just keep clicking on Next until you get to the Burn screen and burn.

If you plan on editing, you can get there from the Contents screen, but I prefer to start by clicking on Make Movie when opening Nero Video. You can specify the resolution you want and then go to the Editing screen and do your thing. When you click on Next, you have to define the type of project you want to burn and, in your case, you would just click on DVD, DVD-Video, as above. You will then be in the Contents screen, as above and procede accordingly.

If you run into any problems, just post them.

+Quote Post
GyroGearlooseMS
post Feb 9 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,749,478

Hi,

wither is right, for creating a DVD out of *.avi files you need to use Nero Video.
Applications like Nero Burning ROM cannot transcode videos and that's what's needed to do with your video file in order to create a DVD that is playable on DVD players.

Please note:
Nero Video is part of the Nero 11 suite. Nero 11 includes many applications such as Nero Video, Nero Burning ROM, Ner BackItUp etc.
If you only have Nero Burning ROM, you maybe got the wrong one and I suggest contacting customer service to get the right software.
http://www.nero.com/eng/support-contact.html

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
GyroGearlooseMS.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic