Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Media Home 4 Essentials with LG smart TV
nottslanding
post Jan 26 2012, 05:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,544,099

I recently purchased a new tv which included Nero MH4 Essentials, and it works fine until 20 or 30 minutes into watching a film via my pc the TV goes blank and a message box comes up that there is a problem and that its disconnected, the nero control centre as i call it still says server running however its actually stopped, i then click stop server and a box on pc comes up every time saying unexpected error and to restart program, program closes and restarts, then i can go to tv and connect fast forward to part of film where stopped and 20 to 30 mins later it all happens over again...?

Any thoughts anybody?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 27 2012, 03:58 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

First, the Essentials version you have is probably not up to date. This doesn't sound like a software problem but it never hurts to update to be sure.

Assuming you have no other Nero software, go to nero.com- downloads-tools and download the general clean tool. While there, download the latest update to NMHome.

Make sure you have the serial number for your Essentials.

Run the general clean tool. run the Windows disk cleanup utility from Accessories (cleanmgr.exe in XP) and reboot.

Turn off anti-virus. Install the update, using your serial number during installation. You will still have Essentials but it will be up to date.

Does that work?

I don't know much about home theaters but I assume you have to use a graphics card. It could be overheating.

+Quote Post
GyroGearlooseMS
post Jan 31 2012, 11:06 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,749,478

Dear nottslanding,

In your case, I suggest contacting TechSupport directly:
http://www.nero.com/eng/support-form.html

There may be several reasons for the problem and TechSupport should check them.

Best regards,
GyroGearlooseMS.

+Quote Post
freddyrich
post May 1 2012, 03:31 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,770,022

Any answers to this? I just got the 60" pz550 and when I stream from Nero, it disconnects after 20 mins and I have to fast forward to where it stopped. I have the latest update and no anti-virus and this still happens...

+Quote Post
wither
post May 1 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

You're best bet is to contact tech support.

We repeatedly ask people to post solutions they get from tech support in an effort to benefit others. As you found out, it doesn't happen often. Perhaps you will help somebody else out by posting any solution you get from tech support.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic