Start new topic
> Patent activation
SVJOSEF
post Jun 24 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,158,135

Hi,
the connection failed when I tried to activate the patent, my firewall was down and in spite of it it didn't work. Please, can someone help me what to do?
Tx Josef
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vurbal
post Jun 27 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,213,248

Have you had any other problems related to your internet connection? If not you should probably contact Nero support for more help with activation.

http://www.nero.com/enu/support-contact.html

+Quote Post
beiger
post Jun 29 2008, 11:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,296,540

I can't even figure out how to try to do the activation. How do I proceed with getting the Edit Menu??

+Quote Post
RockyDuke
post Aug 29 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,207,204

I purchased the boxed version of Nero Ultra 8. After a couple of weeks, it stopped working with the patent activation message. The computer on which I use Nero does not have an internet connection. I have sent e-mails to two different Nero tech support addresses, including the patent activation address, and have received no reply. I also filled out and submitted the on-line tech support form, but again received no reply. I am hoping that I can get a reply from a Nero tech support person here.

I have a legally purchased copy of Nero Ultra 8 which I can no longer use. How is one to get through the patent activation process on a computer which does not have an internet connection?

+Quote Post
Dr.Nero
post Sep 1 2008, 09:27 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,163,371

Hi RockyDuke,

I also had problems with my patent activation (I had to rebuild my system several times) and I wrote an e-mail to patent.activation@nero.com. I received the answer the next day.

+Quote Post
RockyDuke
post Sep 2 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #6

Thanks Dr. Nero. Unfortunately, the address you listed was one of the ones I had written to. After well over a week, I still have not received any sort of reply from Nero. I am still hoping to hear from someone at the company.

+Quote Post
Dr.Nero
post Sep 3 2008, 08:47 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,163,371

Have you already checked your spam filter? I don't think that they didn't answer your e-mail after a week.

+Quote Post
RockyDuke
post Sep 4 2008, 11:23 AM
Post #8

I checked the junk mail folder as well as all other folders. I have received no replies from Nero. I also left my phone number when I filled out the online tech support form. Perhaps Craig or someone affiliated with Nero can offer some help?

+Quote Post
ManWithAnswers
post Sep 5 2008, 01:11 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,143,291

Hi RockyDuke,

I would need the Email address you used when you submitted the request for assistance, and I would need your Serial key to be able to properly assist you, which I could get from the Email once I have support/Customer Service track it down. Both of which I do not want you to post on the Forums for everyone to see. B)

If you send me an Email at techsupport4@nero.com with this information, I can forward your information on to the proper party and ensure you get a quick response.

Regards,
Craig

+Quote Post
Joe60
post Sep 15 2008, 07:15 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 8,300,172

Wow,If I had known about this activation stuff, I never would have bought it !!!

Let me be sure I understand this right,,,I can only install and reactivate so many times,and after that I can no longer use the software??

This post has been edited by Joe60: Sep 15 2008, 07:31 AM

+Quote Post
gntasios
post Nov 7 2008, 10:43 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 8,307,508

To be truly, the minimum requirements demands Internet Connection, is not neccessary to be persistence, just one call with dialup to activate the patents.

+Quote Post
pixelplus
post Dec 12 2008, 02:14 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,184,235

QUOTE (Dr.Nero @ Sep 1 2008, 09:27 AM) *
Hi RockyDuke,

I also had problems with my patent activation (I had to rebuild my system several times) and I wrote an e-mail to patent.activation@nero.com. I received the answer the next day.

1. How can you write above being the Nero rep? Lie is not nice thing to do........
2. All you should say is sorry for the Nero 9 and its 'd' upgrade.........read this forum carefully to know why.....

+Quote Post
hatethisdung
post Dec 12 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,306,216

thanks pixelplus for this comment

but to nero ordinary customers are just sheep for the fleecing 

and you don't worry too much about what sheep think, do you?

+Quote Post
pixelplus
post Dec 13 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (hatethisdung @ Dec 12 2008, 10:44 PM) *
thanks pixelplus for this comment

but to nero ordinary customers are just sheep for the fleecing

and you don't worry too much about what sheep think, do you?

You are absolutely right - I don't care what sheep think at all......

This post has been edited by pixelplus: Dec 13 2008, 01:29 PM

+Quote Post
Lovecross
post Jan 7 2009, 01:23 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 8,410,865

Okay, it's probably obvious to most, (but after reading the countless complaints about Nero 9 it may not be,) I recently purchased a boxed version of Nero 9, largely so I could convert my video files to mp4. It tells me I need to do an online activation. I can't for the life of me find any information on the box, or on this site that tells me how to go about doing that. The only information I can find is that the box tells me to go to www.nero.com, I've done that, then what, I can't find anything in the FAQ's or anywhere else. Tiredness and frustration has probably hindered my abilities, can someone please point me in the right direction?

This post has been edited by Lovecross: Jan 7 2009, 01:49 AM

+Quote Post
thematrix
post Jan 9 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Employee
Member No.: 8,403,732

Hi Lovecross,
the 3rd Party Patent Activation is very easy. When you e.g. convert your videos to mp4 or want to create a DVD in Nero Vision you need to activate the 3rd Party Patents. That means you will get a green Icon in the Tray, or directly a Message window. You only need Internet connection. Choose "Yes, I want to activate over the internet now". If you don’t have internet, contact the Nero Support they will activate you via Fax or Mail.
But normally online activation will work without problems and is easier.

Regards, The Matrix.

+Quote Post
jairo125
post Feb 8 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 8,416,000

Hola Amigos.

Estoy hasta las narices del Nero 9, tuve muchos problemas a la hora de la instalación después que todo parecía que me funcionara se me quema el ordenador, y no hice copia de seguridad tuve bajarme de nuevo el nero pero ahora resulta que no me deja activarlo el Nero live, que pasa que tengo que comprar de nuevo el Nero

Me podéis ayudar porque estoy hasta las narices del nero Gracias

+Quote Post
pixelplus
post Feb 10 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Joe60 @ Sep 15 2008, 07:15 AM) *
Wow,If I had known about this activation stuff, I never would have bought it !!!

Let me be sure I understand this right,,,I can only install and reactivate so many times,and after that I can no longer use the software??

yes, right, number of times you can reactivate your Nero software after reinstalling your OS is 5. This is due to secuirity issues....

+Quote Post
bob7741
post Jun 17 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 8,465,385

QUOTE (Dr.Nero @ Sep 1 2008, 09:27 AM) *
Hi RockyDuke,

+Quote Post
bob7741
post Jun 17 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 8,465,385

QUOTE (SVJOSEF @ Jun 24 2008, 07:54 AM) *
Hi,
the connection failed when I tried to activate the patent, my firewall was down and in spite of it it didn't work. Please, can someone help me what to do?
Tx Josef

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed Topic