Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Burn just audio to DVD
kewwsk33
post Jan 19 2012, 10:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,527,504

I have what I am sure is a stupid question: Is it possible to take music tracks -songs- and burn them onto a DVD and the DVD play in a DVD player -just music. I can burn music to CDs & play them in the DVD player.....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mister_M
post Jan 19 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: MVP
Member No.: 69,291

You can burn a data dvd with mp3, mp4/m4a (if it is supported by your player). You can do it in Nero Express (it's the fastest way).

There you have two possibilities:

1. choose "Data" -> "Data-DVD"
2. choose "Music" -> "Jukebox Audio-DVD"

Now import all your favorite songs and burn the DVD.

That's it.

+Quote Post
lila-asta
post Jan 19 2012, 01:03 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Employee
Member No.: 8,912,682

kewwsk33, if your audio files should have a file format that your DVD player doesn't support, you can use Nero Burning ROM to convert your audio files into a file format supported by your DVD player. (You can usually find a list of supported file formats in the manual of the DVD player.) To convert audio files with Nero Burning ROM, you'll have to follow these steps:

1. Open NBR and click Cancel to close the New Compilation window.

2. Click Extras > Encode Files in the menu bar.

3. Add your audio files, then select an appropriate output file format that your DVD player can read.

After your files have been converted, proceed as Mister_M suggested ;-) (I also think it's easier to use Nero Express than starting a DVD project in NBR beforehand if you're not experienced with the settings to make, but nevertheless, that would be possible as well: Start NBR, select DVD-ROM, follow steps 2 & 3, then add the converted files to the DVD project you've just opened.)

+Quote Post
GyroGearlooseMS
post Jan 27 2012, 03:32 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,749,478

Hi kewwsk33,

Mister_M and lila-asta are right, but I just wanted to add one more thing.

Some old DVD players do only accept DVD-Video discs and canoot play files from a disc.
In this case, you may create "videos", which do only have sound and a black screen or something.
For this, use Nero Video / Nero Vision and create a "DVD-Video" disc out of your music.
You may need to create a new video clip per title, import your music and maybe add a screen (if you wish).

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
GyroGearlooseMS.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic