IPB

Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Nero Burner 11 Trial has left crap on my computer.
BBs575757
post Jan 11 2012, 11:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,508,458

Hi, Awhile ago I downloaded Nero Burner 11 Trial, then deleted everything associated with it that I could find. I was thinking of buying it and wanted to look at it, then buy online, BUT ... it wont install. Obviously Nero has left something on my computer so it cant be run again. If it was the full program I could understand it ... everyone would just keep installing the Trial ... but the trial only has SOME features enabled ... so its not that great. Anyhow, I want to get rid of the crap the installation has left on my computer ... anyone have a suggestion? Thanks for any help. BBs575757

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 12 2012, 03:22 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

I'm totally confused. What did you do to delete everything you could find? Then, why are you trying to install it again? What can't be run again?

When you uninstalled, did you do it from the control panel?

The only thing the trial doesn't have is the ability to handle certain formats- AVCHD, BD and mpeg-4. In addition, you can use it for only 15-days.

+Quote Post
BBs575757
post Jan 12 2012, 06:50 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,508,458

Hi, As I mentioned, I was thinking of purchasing just the Nero burning rom part ( I had removed the trial before Christmas ) ... but the other day when I tried to reload the trial all I could do was modify or uninstall the trial, (even though in theory I had removed everything) When I removed the trial before Christmas, I had to go on as admin, to remove from program files .... also removed lots from program data folder and temp file folder. After, I checked control panel - programs and Features,. and it was all gone. Bottom line is, there is some sort of crap (hidden files I suspect) that has been placed on my computer to prevent reuse of the trial ... (even tried with no internet connection to be sure there was no contact with Nero). Just want to get rid of what ever is causing this to occur - if I can't, will have to look for another burning program. BB

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 12 2012, 04:51 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

To uninstall the Trial, you have to do so via the Control Panel\Programs and Features. It seems you did that because you said it doesn't show up in the Programs and Features.

Since the trial can only be used for 15 days and you uninstalled it before Christmas, then the trial period is up and you won't be able to install it again. I don't know how it detects that.

If you want to work with Burning Rom furher, you could try downloading the Nero v11 Trial version. I don't know what you burn but, I think that most people would want the full suite to work with video. You can't burn a DVD-Video in Burning Rom unless the files are already in the VOB_TS structure. Ditto for Blu-Ray. You would need Nero Video to get that structure.

+Quote Post
GyroGearlooseMS
post Jan 24 2012, 04:18 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Nero Support Employee
Member No.: 8,749,478

Hi,

usually some entries remain in Windows Registry, as this offers more convenience if you want to reinstall the software and similar things.
If you know how to work with Windows Registry, you may search and delete entries from Nero, but this is on your own risk and we recommend not to do so if you are not familiar with Windows Registry.

Anyway, as you thought about purchasing Nero Burning ROM, why do you want to install the trial again?

Best regards,
GyroGearlooseMS.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic