Welcome Guest

Start new topic
> Freezing up after making a movie
blaino
post Dec 4 2011, 10:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,899,183

Please help this is an on going problem that I can't get resolved. Every time I go in to make a movie, during the time I'm cuting out unwanted parts of clips when I try to delete a portion of a clip I can tell its going freeze because when I use the "scissors" to cut apart out it won't show any of the clip in the window. When I'm finished with the movie and go to make a DVD it freezes and I have to restart the computer to get out. This has been going on for a while. I can delete nero completly adn re down load the progranm again and it will work and burn 2 dvd's then will start freezing up again. When you try to burn the 3rd DVD it starts the freezing up. Everything I have is up to date, Drivers, Nero updates, everything This is continuious. I have deleted nero Used the cleaner and started over everytime. It dose the same exact thing everytime. There is a problem with this software. It hapeeens the same way on my laptop. Both my laptop and desk top do the same thing. Is there a fix???, or is this software just no good. I have gone trough this 8 times this is rediculous to pay this much for something that has this much problems. Can anyone shed light on whats going on I have fought this for months this really gets old. I have Windows live movie maker that is free that works better than this. Any suggestions other than Delete, use cleaning tool reinstall and so on that does not work. I running windows 7 on both computers and they are both 6 mos. old
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 5 2011, 04:53 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,132,427

For one thing, I hope you don't think you uninstalled v11 using the general clean tool. That tool is only used for v9 and earlier. Both v10 and v11 use a Windows installer so you uninstall them from the Control Panel. I recommend that you do that and then reinstall. Make sure you turn off anti-virus before installing.

Does your system meet the requirements for v11?

I've noticed that things are a little slow in v11 since the last update.

+Quote Post
blaino
post Dec 31 2011, 03:53 AM
Post #3

thanks for the info but before I try uninstalling for the ninth time with my anti virus turned off is there anything else. I have done all this before and I'm no further along. Why does it burn two movies just fine, work like a charm and on the third time around every time it starts freezing. Just for grins and giggles say I uninstall and reinstall and the same thing happens what would be next????...thanks

+Quote Post
wither
post Dec 31 2011, 04:10 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

This sounds like a resource problem. How much RAM do you have? How much free hard drive space do you have. Have you run the Windows Disk Cleanup tool lately and rebooted? I strongly suggest the latter to people working with video because many temporary files are created and they can slow down things to a crawl as you keep generating them.

+Quote Post
blaino
post Jan 1 2012, 03:51 PM
Post #5

I have 4gb of ram nad 563gb of free hard disc space. This is a new computer 6mos. old I have a lap top thats during the same thing running windows 7. I can't believe its both computers doing the same thing. I just got thru uninstalling and reinstalling once agian this morning with antivirus off, hell I can't even burn one disc now, it freezes up the very first thing. My old desk top was doing the very same thing and it had 8gb of memory. There is a bad glitch in this software I've done everything everyone has told me to do with no change in results. Nero needs to address this problem. I really like the program when i can use it. but this is getting rediculous. This has been going on for 8 mos. or more. I keep getting told to uninstall and reinstall but it's not changing anything. Thanks for your imput.

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 1 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Which graphics card and cpu do you have? Is this a Dell laptop?

+Quote Post
lynn12
post Jan 7 2012, 03:52 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 9,493,228

hi,

have you solved your problem with nero? if so plz could you let me know what you did to solve it, i have the exact same problem but with nero 11 video.

lynn

+Quote Post
wither
post Jan 7 2012, 03:57 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Lynn12, your problem is occurring at a different place in the process.

+Quote Post

Closed Topic